Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Automatic playlist generation based on mood of music (Read 1990 times) previous topic - next topic

Automatic playlist generation based on mood of music

Hello everybody!

As a part of my master thesis, I'm going to make an application which will build playlist... based on mood of the music! (I will also develop it as a Winamp plug-in).

Now I'm doing some research and it will be very helpful for me, if You answer few questions:
1. have You been using Moodagent, Musicovery, Aupeo, Stereomood etc? What impressions do You have? What would You change in this apps?
2. do You often use shuffle mode? do You shuffle whole music collection or do you often choose only few artists/albums/songs based on your mood at a given moment?
3. when using shuffle mode, do You often skip any tracks? why? Do You like situations when very calm songs are followed by quite energetic one or are they cases when You are skipping songs?

Any other suggestions for me?
Thanks a lot!

Reply #1
1. have You been using Moodagent, Musicovery, Aupeo, Stereomood etc? What impressions do You have? What would You change in this apps?

I've been using moodbar for years, but I still haven't discovered the exact meaning of the different colors. However, it's very handy when I want to skip to a certain part of a song, skip a silent part to a hidden track or something like that.

2. do You often use shuffle mode? do You shuffle whole music collection or do you often choose only few artists/albums/songs based on your mood at a given moment?

Barely. I use it for a few days every year, when for some reason my music collection start to bore me and I don't know "which album to play next". In that case, I shuffle my whole collection (classical, jazz, pop, rock, metal, the whole deal) indiscriminately.

3. when using shuffle mode, do You often skip any tracks? why? Do You like situations when very calm songs are followed by quite energetic one or are they cases when You are skipping songs?

I usually do not skip tracks, at least not because of their mood. I do not particularly like situations where very different tracks follow each other, but I have nothing against it either. For an example, take a look here (the content under this link will change rapidly, I specifically mean the tracks played the 13th and 14th of March 2014)
Music: sounds arranged such that they construct feelings.

Reply #2
Thank You for answers!