Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: minidsp censorship? (Read 2869 times) previous topic - next topic

minidsp censorship?

The manufacturers of the umik-1 usb microphone, distributed by Hong Kong based minidsp are having calibration problems. Customers that have bought it or have it on order are discussing their dissatisfaction on the minidsp forum. An annoyed customer wanting more updates was ridiculed by a somewhat out of proportion reply. Smelling a rat I supported the first comment and went on to say ‘’I think a concerned customer has every right to call for timely updates, in fact I would go further to say the product should be withdrawn from sale until all the problems have been rectified. The only reason that they are allowed to continue selling a non-working product is that mimidsp are internet based company in HongKong. If they were based in the USA or Europe they would probably be breaking the law’’ .
I have not been able to log in since.

The title should be minidsp

minidsp censorship?

Reply #1
The only reason that they are allowed to continue selling a non-working product is that mimidsp are internet based company in HongKong. If they were based in the USA or Europe they would probably be breaking the law’’ .

I bet that quote is what got you banned. They own the  forum, and you sort of accused them of a crime.
I don't think using the word "probably" helped, either. If you're not sure of something, tread lightly.

That said, i don't know the whole story, so this post could be completely wrong.

minidsp censorship?

Reply #2
The only reason that they are allowed to continue selling a non-working product is that mimidsp are internet based company in HongKong. If they were based in the USA or Europe they would probably be breaking the law’’ .

I bet that quote is what got you banned. They own the  forum, and you sort of accused them of a crime.
I don't think using the word "probably" helped, either. If you're not sure of something, tread lightly.

That said, i don't know the whole story, so this post could be completely wrong.

You're 'probably' correct, I wanted to bring some attention to the minidsp.com forum so those considering buying that microphone to postpone it until the problem is solved