Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: gaps in mp3 files (Read 3798 times) previous topic - next topic

gaps in mp3 files

when i cut a long set to tracks there is gap when iam playing it in my car(kdc x890)my freind has (KDCMP628) you cant notice gaps from kenwood i got the answer that s units use other mp3 codecs

i use MP3 Splitter & Joiner the set is vbr when iam checking the tracks with audio identifier iam getting some tracks with fhg codec and some with lame (the original set is lame) i tried to disable the fhg codec and use only lame  when iam cutting but its the same problem
the only way i resolve this problem is using foobar after the cutting i converted all the tracks (from mp3 the original )  to mp3  with lame codec and in advanced defined the pause to 0 but i loose quality in that way

gaps in mp3 files

Reply #3
the problem is because when you split the files the LAME header is not carried over toall the new tracks that is why theyre reported as xing or fhg instead of lame you should try pcutmp3 tool like kjoonlee suggested because its theonly mp3 splitter around that doesnot destroy the LAME headers

gaps in mp3 files

Reply #4
Its still not going to give him gapless playback though because his CD player is unlikely ro read the gap info in the header.

I think it should be possible to find an app smart enough to cut on the block boundry (or whatever its called in mp3) so that all songs do not have padding, sort of like the old "nogap" option in lame used to do.  I've never looked though.

gaps in mp3 files

Reply #5
ive heard of kenwoods supporting gapless mp3 playback hence i think its worth a try though i don't know what method they use

IIRC even "--nogap" also required player support ... because encoder/decoder delay is unavoidable with mp3

gaps in mp3 files

Reply #6
guys everything is ok now thanks alot