Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How optimize WAV using Audition? (Read 5352 times) previous topic - next topic

How optimize WAV using Audition?

Hi all,

Well, I´m trying to optimize one wav movie audio captured live. I only want to make an "amplitude" and "normalize", I know hot to do this, but I want to remove the echo/chamber sound in all the wav, and don´t know how.
So, which filter should I use to remove this chamber-sound?

I´m using Adobe Audition 1.5.

Thanks in advance.

backfolder.-

Reply #1
Don't think you'll really be able to remove the reverb, but if you want to dynamically compress the sound, download the Waves bundle trial and check out L2.
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Reply #2
for dynamics processing, Audition has its own expander / compressor (draw your own curve actually...) and a hard limiter too.

dunno about removing reverb from recordings
seanny.net

Reply #3
Dynamics processing works really good, it could be a solution.
Thanks for the tips.

backfolder.-

Reply #4
actually, echo can be "pushed back" somewhat using dynamic expansion.  just beware that you'll lose a lot of subtlety too.

if you use the custom curves in cool edit/audition, you can get a pretty good echo-suppressor.  i find it's only really useful to do this with voice material, where intelligibility is the goal, not pretty sound (there may be a balance you can strike where you get both though).

one thing's for sure though - you will lose most of the echo-suppression if you were then to compress/limit the audio after that.  just because audition has a (reasonably good) limiter, doesn't mean you should push it so hard the waveform looks like a green square.

another thing - if you're using a lot of filters, save time by applying them all at once in multitrack, rather than one-after-the-other in waveform view.  you will also get better precision this way if your file is 16 bits (multitrack works internally in 32 bit float).