Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_upnp (Read 1627646 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_upnp

Reply #1600
... changed the "Format track titles using:" box to the following
Code: [Select]
%artist% (%date%) %album% - %title%

And now the WDTV displays only the artist!  No track title, no date, no album, etc.

Try
%artist% '('%date%')' %album% - %title%

foo_upnp

Reply #1601
Try

Whaddya know!  That did the trick.  Thanks so much. I ended up going with:
$if([%album artist%],%album artist%,%artist%)' - '%album%' - '%date%' - '%title%

I wonder if there's a way to put a character limit in there for the long album titles.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why the Playback Stream Capture function drops in and out after a couple of songs?

foo_upnp

Reply #1602
I am loving this plugin for use on my home network but I am having some trouble getting access to my server from my remote work computer. I have confirmed that my ports are forwarded properly and they are sen as open (with various port scanner tools as well as going to http://myIP:myport and getting the blank screen that I expected to get), but when I try to connect to my server from a location outside of my home network, I get an error box saying 'Could not connect to remote Internet server' still. I have tried to read through as much of this thread to see if I can troubleshoot this myself, but I have not found any advice that has lead me to success. Are there any suggestions you might be able to offer?

I have tried with and without my firewalls on. I have confirmed the open port. The webpage is blank when I go to the server through a browser. The server works perfectly on my local network. I am not sure what else I need to do.

Thanks!

foo_upnp

Reply #1603
I am loving this plugin for use on my home network but I am having some trouble getting access to my server from my remote work computer. I have confirmed that my ports are forwarded properly and they are sen as open (with various port scanner tools as well as going to http://myIP:myport and getting the blank screen that I expected to get), but when I try to connect to my server from a location outside of my home network, I get an error box saying 'Could not connect to remote Internet server' still. I have tried to read through as much of this thread to see if I can troubleshoot this myself, but I have not found any advice that has lead me to success. Are there any suggestions you might be able to offer?

I have tried with and without my firewalls on. I have confirmed the open port. The webpage is blank when I go to the server through a browser. The server works perfectly on my local network. I am not sure what else I need to do.

Thanks!

Okay, simple fix. Somehow my settings were reset and my internet access was disabled from my home foobar server. I didn't realize it was somehow unchecked. Sorry for what turned out to be added noise.

foo_upnp

Reply #1604
Hello everybody. If someone can help me I would be very grateful.
I'm tyring to use foobar + foo_upnp to create a media server to access my music remotely.

I have FB installed both on a 'server' PC (my home pc) and on a pen drive for remote access. Both are latest versions installed in portable mode (not sure if that's important), and both have the latest UPnP plugin.

I have Internet access enabled on the server pc, and I can perfectly login and access the UPnP Browser tree view and stream my music on the client side. No problems there.

However (and that's my main issue) SEARCH doesn't seem to be working. If I use a laptop on my home network, it's fine (FB client can discover, browse, play and search perfectly fine); only on remote connection I'm unable to use a search query.

I've browsed the forum and, as far as I can verify everything is well configured, i.e. the note in the UPnP plugin documentation:

"At the moment, Search is supported only on remote foobar2000 media servers running this plugin ",

doesn't seem to be an issue.
Has anybody had the same problem? What can I do?

Thank you.

foo_upnp

Reply #1605
Hello,

Just a quick question - is there any audio quality loss when using playback stream capture with the same settings as the original track? e.g. If Foobar is playing a 44.1K/16bit WAV file and playback stream capture is configured to send the same format 44.1K/16bit WAV, is that a bit-perfect stream or is there any D/A - A/D conversion involved?

Thanks!

foo_upnp

Reply #1606
Hello everybody. If someone can help me I would be very grateful.
I'm tyring to use foobar + foo_upnp to create a media server to access my music remotely.

I have FB installed both on a 'server' PC (my home pc) and on a pen drive for remote access. Both are latest versions installed in portable mode (not sure if that's important), and both have the latest UPnP plugin.

I have Internet access enabled on the server pc, and I can perfectly login and access the UPnP Browser tree view and stream my music on the client side. No problems there.

However (and that's my main issue) SEARCH doesn't seem to be working. If I use a laptop on my home network, it's fine (FB client can discover, browse, play and search perfectly fine); only on remote connection I'm unable to use a search query.

I've browsed the forum and, as far as I can verify everything is well configured, i.e. the note in the UPnP plugin documentation:

"At the moment, Search is supported only on remote foobar2000 media servers running this plugin ",

doesn't seem to be an issue.
Has anybody had the same problem? What can I do?

Thank you.

Another quick UPnP question: If I'm using UPnP Controller, and create a UPnP Controller Queue, I can "order" a remote renderer (in this example, another foobar2000 client on LAN) to play that playlist. But if on the client side I press Stop or start a music on that client library, the only thing that happens is that the Controller Queue playlist jumps to the next song. So, if I'm not mistaken, the only way to stop a UPnP Controller stream from the client side is to go to options>UPnP and disable Media Renderer. Right?

foo_upnp

Reply #1607
Try

Whaddya know!  That did the trick.  Thanks so much. I ended up going with:
$if([%album artist%],%album artist%,%artist%)' - '%album%' - '%date%' - '%title%

I wonder if there's a way to put a character limit in there for the long album titles.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why the Playback Stream Capture function drops in and out after a couple of songs?

I think it's due to the server not having enough buffer.  I'm having the same problem if I'm using Playback Stream Capture and scrolling my playlist at the same time, it cuts out and has artifacts. 

Does anyone know how to increase the server buffer size for PSC?

foo_upnp

Reply #1608
foo_upnp problem: UPnP Media Server could not be started. Port 56923 might be in use by another application

foobar2000 (v1.1.15) / foo_upnp (v0.99.40)  is started on my computer automatically at boot time.

However, I frequently get the message "UPnP Media Server could not be started. Port 56923 might be in use by another application", which prevents the server from starting.

The interesting thing is, that it's foobar2000/foo_upnp itself that is occupying this port! If I do a "netstat -anob", I get the following:

###
  TCP    0.0.0.0:56923          0.0.0.0:0              ABHOEREN        3268
[foobar2000.exe]
###

I assume that it's the foo_upnp server that is occupying this port, because: Which other component of foobar2000 should be doing this instead?

A simple shutdown and restart of foobar2000/foo_upnp usually fixes this kind of situation.

If it's foobar2000/foo_upnp itself that is blocking that port, then foobar2000/foo_upnp should somehow be able to solve this problem without the need of user interaction.

What do you think?

Thank you very much for this great software!

Kind regards,
Johannes

foo_upnp

Reply #1609
Hey great work with foo_upnp,

I'm currently having it set up so I don't need to store music on my tiny ssd drive on my laptop

One annoyance which I'm pretty sure is just because I don't know how to use it, but I can't seem to get the browser to work with the keyboard

Pressing enter or the menu key all doesn't do anything and I seem to have to use the mouse in order to do anything.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks

foo_upnp

Reply #1610
Hi,

When clicking on View>UPnP Browser all I get is the following image:

It stays like that for at least several minutes (until I close the window). I enabled logging and re-opened the UPnP browser and no log file was made. Anyone know why it is not working?

Thanks,

redmaw

foo_upnp

Reply #1611
nvm I got it to work. Had to use a the proxy server feature on bubbleUPnP.

foo_upnp

Reply #1612
foo_upnp 0.99.41 is available (see first post of this topic for download link):

• updated to Platinum UPnP 1.0.3.0 (latest version), fixing top reported crash and improving stability
  • turned off optimizations in release build to make analysing crash dumps easier. Should not impact performance significantly.

• renderer: gapless support for renderer when controlled by a gapless controller (tested: foo_upnp 0.99.41+, Android BubbleUPnP 1.6.1+, JRiver Media Center)

• controller: controller is gapless aware and can control gaplessly renderers that reports as gapless capable (supports SetNextAVTransportURI).

• The renderer property dialog will list gapless as a capability if a renderer *claim* to support gapless playback (it doesn't mean it will work with all renderers in practice).
    • Tested working with: another foo_upnp 0.99.41+ instance, JRiver Media Center, Android BubbleUPnP 1.6.1+  (requires Android 4.1+).
    • Gapless control is force disabled on the Naim Unity renderer as this renderer is problematic.
    • If gapless control cause problems with some renderers, it can disabled in Tools > UPnP > Controller > Enable gapless control

• server: ability to restart a foo_upnp Media Server from a foo_upnp client (In UPnP Browser, context menu on foo_upnp server then "Restart Server").
    Useful to update the Media Server's content (Media Library and Playlists) remotely.
  • server: added profile for JRMC (will only show if removing foo_upnp.xml and restarting foobar2000)
  • server: ability to use a different titleformat string for node splitting and node title with attribute "display":

<SubTree label="Albums without album artist appended">
          <spec type="object.container.album.musicAlbum" display="%album%">%album%[ '['%album artist%']']</spec>
       </SubTree>

• fixed + and - keys not working to expand/collapse tree nodes of UPnP Browser (+ key will do the action assigned to left-click mouse button)
  • fixed browsing a playlist of http streams or remote items taking a long time
  • fixed invalid WAV data chunk size for items or unknown duration
  • server: track artist titleformat string returned for tracks can be configured in Tools > UPnP > Server > Content.
    By default it is set to %artist%. In some special cases $meta(artist) may be preferred if the field remapping done by %artist% is not desired.
  • fixed OpenHome renderer max volume always assumed to be 100 (was always the case with Linn renderer but not always true with BubbleUPnP Server OpenHome renderers)
  • do not discard port 1024 for SSDP discovery to be able to discover tuxbox / neutrino (dbox2) setups using this port

foo_upnp

Reply #1613
Thanks for the great update!

What is "gapless support" support in renderer and controller? Do you mean now foobar2000 upnp Renderer works like a Linn DS with on device Playlist? And foobar2000 upnp Controller can now use Linn DS Playlist service?

Or this "gapless support" is for generic UPnP operation, with "SetNextAVTransportURI" function? If so, what other generic Renderer/Controller support "SetNextAVTransportURI"?

Thanks in advance!

foo_upnp

Reply #1614
What is "gapless support" support in renderer and controller? Do you mean now foobar2000 upnp Renderer works like a Linn DS with on device Playlist? And foobar2000 upnp Controller can now use Linn DS Playlist service?

Or this "gapless support" is for generic UPnP operation, with "SetNextAVTransportURI" function? If so, what other generic Renderer/Controller support "SetNextAVTransportURI"?

It means the renderer is still a regular UPnP AV renderer but with gapless playback capabilty (through action SetNextAVTransportURI), provided it is controlled by a gapless controller. Nothing to do with how Linn DS implement gapless here.
In particular that means that you can control the renderer gaplessly from another foo_upnp 0.99.41 instance on the network where previously you would have gaps.

Other UPnP AV renderers that foo_upnp can play to gaplessly: JRiver Media Center, Android BubbleUPnP 1.6.1+ (must run on Android 4.1 and gapless playback must be enabled in it settings), WhiteBear (untested), gmrenderer-resurrect, and other hardware renderers implementing SetNextAVTransportURI (untested and not guaranteed to work due to possible bugs in implementation).

Other UPnP AV controllers that can control the foo_upnp renderer gaplessly (besides foo_upnp): JRiver Media Center, Android BubbleUPnP 1.6.1+, possible other ones that I do not know about.

foo_upnp

Reply #1615
Thanks for the excellent explanation! So foobar2000 UPnP plugin is now as good as ever!

On the other hand, will you consider supporting Linn style (openHome implementation) features? Besides gapless playback, with "on device playlist", a renderer can continue playing without an active controller. Also there are more controllers (kinsky, plugplayer etc) support Linn's implementation.

foo_upnp

Reply #1616
Thanks for the excellent explanation! So foobar2000 UPnP plugin is now as good as ever!

On the other hand, will you consider supporting Linn style (openHome implementation) features? Besides gapless playback, with "on device playlist", a renderer can continue playing without an active controller. Also there are more controllers (kinsky, plugplayer etc) support Linn's implementation.

Not directly as it is already provided by BubbleUPnP Server, for any UPnP AV renderer.

foo_upnp

Reply #1617
Understood! And thanks again for the great effort!

foo_upnp

Reply #1618
Usinf this the first time, works like a charm. One thing I noticed:

I turned on scrobbling in BubbleUpnp, but then it came to scrobbling twice every song because of scrobbling the song via Bubbleupnp and via audioscrobbler plug-in in foobar. Is there a workaround for this instead of turning it on and off every time?

foo_upnp

Reply #1619

I turned on scrobbling in BubbleUpnp, but then it came to scrobbling twice every song because of scrobbling the song via Bubbleupnp and via audioscrobbler plug-in in foobar. Is there a workaround for this instead of turning it on and off every time?

No workaround. You may want to just turn it off in BubbleUPnP. But then you will get no scrobbling when playing locally.

foo_upnp

Reply #1620

No workaround. You may want to just turn it off in BubbleUPnP. But then you will get no scrobbling when playing locally.

Thanks a lot for the fast reply. Is this possible for the next versions? Either turning off scrobbling in foo_upnp oder BubbleUpnp when connected to a "Player" like foobar?

foo_upnp

Reply #1621
Hi.
I'm trying to access my internet BubbleUPnP Server, and I can't browse or search using foobar2000. The library just seems to be empty.
When connecting to the same server (using the same credentials and address) using BubbleUPnP for Android, browsing through the library works, so I guessed this wasn't a problem with BubbleUPnP.
I could send over a log if necessary.
Thank you!

foo_upnp

Reply #1622
foo_upnp 0.99.41 is available (see first post of this topic for download link): […]
  • do not discard port 1024 for SSDP discovery to be able to discover tuxbox / neutrino (dbox2) setups using this port

Thanks a lot for that fix to you and the Platinum guy. :)

foo_upnp

Reply #1623
Hi.
I'm trying to access my internet BubbleUPnP Server, and I can't browse or search using foobar2000. The library just seems to be empty.
When connecting to the same server (using the same credentials and address) using BubbleUPnP for Android, browsing through the library works, so I guessed this wasn't a problem with BubbleUPnP.
I could send over a log if necessary.
Thank you!

I'm not sure I understand you exactly.

When you enter BubbleUPnP Server settings in the "Add remote Internet server..." dialog, does it get added to
the UPnP Browser (as a node starting with "BubbleUPnP Server") ?
Or is your problem something else ?

foo_upnp

Reply #1624
Thanks a lot for the fast reply. Is this possible for the next versions? Either turning off scrobbling in foo_upnp oder BubbleUpnp when connected to a "Player" like foobar?

Turning off scrobbling in foo_upnp is not possible as it is done automatically by the foo_audioscrobller plugin without foo_upnp intervention.
Disabling scrobbling in the app would be possible but would require per renderer scrobbling settings, so unlikely.