Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: lame in the Apple AppStore (Read 3893 times) previous topic - next topic

lame in the Apple AppStore

(This may be the wrong forum but I'll try anyway)

Does anybody know how to get a copy of lame or compile lame that will work in the Apple AppStore.

The Apple AppStore only allows:

i386 (32-bit)
x86_64 (64-bit)

All the compiled versions for Mac OS X I can find include PPC.

Hope somebody out there can help or at least point me to the right forum to ask this question.

Reply #1
I am not sure what are you trying to do.
Error 404; signature server not available.

Reply #2
The Apple AppStore only allows:

i386 (32-bit)
x86_64 (64-bit)

All the compiled versions for Mac OS X I can find include PPC.

Hope somebody out there can help or at least point me to the right forum to ask this question.

Since it is the Apple store, is it a stretch to think maybe x86_64 is for an intel based Mac?

Reply #3
I think that’s obvious and not the question. From the tiny amount of information given, my guess is that the OP wants a non–Universal Binary compile of LAME since, as seems to be the implication, the PPC component of that wouldn’t be allowed on the App Store. But I’m neither psychic nor at all aware of how the App Store does things, so this is pure speculation.

Reply #4
Load LAME into Xcode
Compile
???
Profit!
Not a Mac user so I don't know if its that simple.

Reply #5
I think that’s obvious and not the question. From the tiny amount of information given, my guess is that the OP wants a non–Universal Binary compile of LAME since, as seems to be the implication, the PPC component of that wouldn’t be allowed on the App Store. But I’m neither psychic nor at all aware of how the App Store does things, so this is pure speculation.

Yes that's right. I've been trying to compile it in xcode, but I don't really know how to use xcode so I get this error:

The scheme 'LAME' contains no buildables that can be built for the SDKs supported by the run destination My Mac 64–bit. Make sure your targets all specify SDKs that are supported by this version of Xcode.... OK I fixed that error but now I get another saying config.h not found. This is very difficult when you don't really know what you're doing on a mac.

Reply #6
OK, I'm getting closer to including lame in an appstore app. To compile lame you need to use command lines on the terminal, not xcode. I now get the error "must include the "com.apple.security.app-sandbox" entitlement" I'm guessing I'm going outside the scope of this forum now.