Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Remote For Surface 2 (Read 1324 times) previous topic - next topic

Remote For Surface 2

Hi there,

I have a Surface 2, I was just wondering if anyone knows of a way to use the tablet as a remote for foobar running on a seperate machine (over wifi home network). I currently have used android and iOS type remotes for foobar in such a manner but can't seem to find a solution for the Surface tablet.

I did come across this component, can that somehow be used with a stock (or other) Surface 2 music player but somehow being played via foobar on another machine?

Basically I like all my music on my main machine (to which it is wired to various speakers around the home), but when I'm i cooking or whatever I like to be able to see what songs are being played, rate them, skip them etc.

If I can find something that does this I will be able to flog my nexus 7 (as its currently performing this task) as the Surface 2 is pretty much doing everything else successfully better.