Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: SimPlaylist (foo_simplaylist) (Read 248860 times) previous topic - next topic

SimPlaylist (foo_simplaylist)

Reply #150
1.0 versions of all three components are out. Thanks to all beta testers.

Thank you very much Frank for those great components. I've really come to enjoy simplaylist - just to show what's possible with a little bit of scripting:

[a href="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/mysimplaylist.png/" target="_blank"]

Reply #151
Thanks for this great playlist.
I have a little request. Please make an option to hide the columns title bar.

Thanks

Reply #152
@sylla: You have albums with more than one codec profile? Or where would you display this?

Exactly, some albums where I got the different tracks from different sources, and some self-made compilations. I realize this is probably not very common or high priority, and on second thought maybe it would just be confusing to have two entries for codec profile (though, would there be any downsides if you would just let codec_profile summarize?).

Thanks for the final versions, they are all brilliant.

Reply #153
Someone asked how I configured my simplaylist above, so here's an explanation:

The priority was not to compromise any existing tags in order to maintain compatibility with any player. For the groupings on the screenshot I introduced two custom tags:

PROGRAMME TITLE -> Holds for the title of the individual CD in a boxset or of the programme in a concert recording, if applicable. Using standard only tags this information would be either omitted or put into the comment field.
SUBTITLE INDEX -> Holds the numerical index at which position the TITLE string is to be splitted into a title and subtitle. This is for titles which naturally fall into several subtitles such as a symphony and its movements.

The first tag can easily set in the properties window (just add it to the fields in the Preferences->Advanced->Display->Properties dialog). The second one requires a little masstagger script, I've uploaded here. Select the tracks you want to group by title and apply the script. It looks for one the characters [-/:;.,] (in this order) followed by a space. The position of the first occurence is then stored in the tag SUBTITLE INDEX.

Now how to configure simplaylist:

For the programme title, just add a subgroup [%programme title%] (if the tag is empty, the group won't be created). You can even combine it with the disc number like I did, i.e. $if(%programme title%,[%discnumber% ]%programme title%,$ifgreater(%totaldiscs%,1,Disc %discnumber%,))

For the grouping by title and subtitle, you would add this subgroup: $if(%subtitle index%,$substr(%title%,0,$sub(%subtitle index%,3))). Now the first part of the title is displayed as a group as well in the regular title column, so you need to check for our little tag there, too. To do that just use a custom title column set up this way: $substr(%title%,%subtitle index%,$len(%title%)). Voilà!

Reply #154
Hi...

When I first installed SimPlaylist, the Rating DB and Rating columns displayed correctly, but after I installed the new beta, the stars turned into invalid symbol boxes. If there's any other info I can give you to help, let me know.

Reply #155
Generally related to use of a font not capable of showing stars. What font do you have the playlist using?

Reply #156
Generally related to use of a font not capable of showing stars. What font do you have the playlist using?

I was used Segue UI before and after upgrading. I also tried with the default font and that didn't solve the problem either. The only thing that changed was that I upgraded to the recent beta.

What font do you suggest? I'll try it.

Reply #157
Very well may also depend on OS. For my XP, Arial unicode MS works correctly. I imagine there are others. A search may help.

Reply #158
Hi.

I have updated all components to their 1.0 version (Facets, SimPlaylist and SimPlaylist manager) but I still encounter some annoying bugs :

• Each time I start foobar, the content isn't displayed until I resize a column
  • Sometimes (can't figure how to reproduce it accurately), the display of the playlist content is not drawn correctly when scrolling down or up. A vertical resize of the playlist box solves this problem.
  • Sometimes after starting foobar (can't figure how to reproduce it accurately), the columns header are not displayed as expected (no names and an odd visual aspect with a tiny vertical scoll bar for each column) and any column resize is impossible as well as any playlist content display. The only solution I found is to replace the theme file by a previous version.

Let me know If I can give you more information.

Reply #160
Hi - great plug in, fast and very nicely designed. Appreciate the updates too.

I am having a slight issue with multi-disc albums.

My path has all the tracks from a multi disk album in the one directory. The filename (and hence sort order) in the directory doesn't account for the disc:

Code: [Select]
\Miles Davis - 01 - Introduction by Mort Fega.flac
\Miles Davis - 01 - So What.flac
\Miles Davis - 02 - My Funny Valentine.flac
\Miles Davis - 02 - Walkin'.flac

I'm finding that when using SimPlaylist in this example, instead of getting a nice Disc 1/2 subgroup, each track has it's own Disc subgroup heading:

Code: [Select]
Miles Davis
Disc 1
    01 Introduction by Mort Fega
Disc 2
    01 So What
Disc 1
    02 My Funny Valentine
Disc 2
    02 Walkin'

I assume this is due to the default sort order reflecting the directory structure.

If I change the Sorting Pattern setting to %artist% and click on a group heading, it corrects, but swapping to another album in a facet then back reverts back the default sort order.

Am I doing it wrong because of my filename & directory structure choice, or is this something that can be adjusted somewhere?

Thanks.

Reply #161
I assume this is due to the default sort order reflecting the directory structure.

If I change the Sorting Pattern setting to %artist% and click on a group heading, it corrects, but swapping to another album in a facet then back reverts back the default sort order.

Am I doing it wrong because of my filename & directory structure choice, or is this something that can be adjusted somewhere?

Change the sorting pattern to %album artist%|%date%|%album%|%discnumber%|%tracknumber% (leave away the date part if you don't want to sort albums by date but just alphabetically). It's important to include the disc number in the sorting pattern.

Reply #162
Note that the above refers to the Facets default sort order setting.

Consider including discnumbers in the filenames though, or create subfolders, as you may encounter the same problem in other situations.

Reply #163
Is there a way to create something like a "custom grouping" within a playlist?

The problem is that my grouping header is "[%album artist% -] %album% '('[%date%, ][%__bitspersample% bit ]%samplerate% Hz, $caps(%channels%)')'" which works 95% of the time. I have a case where one file is 22kHz instead of 44.1kHz like everything else, so it becomes separated with a copy of the album art showing. I understand that in my group pattern I have %samplerate%.

Perhaps there's some kind of solution like "if all files are in the same directory and have the same cover art, then group them and disregard the other grouping criteria." Is there some kind of solution to my question?

Reply #164
Change the sorting pattern to %album artist%|%date%|%album%|%discnumber%|%tracknumber%

Note that the above refers to the Facets default sort order setting.
Consider including discnumbers in the filenames though, or create subfolders, as you may encounter the same problem in other situations.

Ah, that's solved it, many thanks. I didn't realise the Facets default sort order setting impacted the SimPlaylist display. Will look at discnumber in filename too.

Reply #165
Hey Frank,
I'm on the latest version, and I'm getting unreliable behaviour from undo/ctrl-z. It does work, at least, but sometimes when I remove tracks from a playlist and then undo, it appears to undo something else. It just doesn't pick up all actions.
Hope you can fix. Cheers for the awesome component

Reply #166
Hi, I have a problem with columns choices being reset whenever I change position of the SimPlaylist using Layout editing mode. Could the column choices somehow be remembered?

I started to use this plugin some days ago after switching from columns_UI as it is not being developed anymore (it seems).

Reply #167
(...) I have a case where one file is 22kHz instead of 44.1kHz like everything else, so it becomes separated with a copy of the album art showing. I understand that in my group pattern I have %samplerate%.

This is similar to what has earlier been requested for genres and codec profiles, and could be solved with a set of functions analogous to $meta and $info, listing all values in a group, which (like statistics) are ignored when grouping tracks.

I didn't realise the Facets default sort order setting impacted the SimPlaylist display.

Just to clarify, it defines the order of selected tracks, regardless of where they are sent to (playlist, playback queue, converter, properties dialog, masstagger, etc.) or which playlist view is used.

(...) I'm getting unreliable behaviour from undo/ctrl-z. It does work, at least, but sometimes when I remove tracks from a playlist and then undo, it appears to undo something else. It just doesn't pick up all actions.

Fixed for the next update, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I have a problem with columns choices being reset whenever I change position of the SimPlaylist using Layout editing mode.

In the default user interface, each newly created UI element has its own configuration. Use cut/copy/paste UI element commands to preserve it.

Someone asked how I configured my simplaylist above, so here's an explanation: (...)

Thanks for this post and your screenshot, by the way, it is always interesting to see how people make use of custom tags. Lately, I have been thinking about how to handle long tracks with multiple titles (such as Close to the Edge).

Reply #168
Thanks Frank, looking forward to it!

And awesome, inspiring work by Northpack. I'll have to try something similar sometime. Maybe a special character to indicate a subtitle, I'll think about it

Reply #169
And awesome, inspiring work by Northpack. I'll have to try something similar sometime. Maybe a special character to indicate a subtitle, I'll think about it

Ah right, I understand why you did it the way you did, Northpack. I'm not bothering with Programme Title for now, although once I've ripped more of my classical collection I may well add it! But Subtitle Index is brilliant.

Reply #170
When I start Foobar the simplaylist element looks like this:

As soon as I move an element (a playlist for example or re-size the window), the view immediately fills the window and it looks normal again.

Is there a way to fix this? Thanks!

Reply #171
This is similar to what has earlier been requested for genres and codec profiles, and could be solved with a set of functions analogous to $meta and $info, listing all values in a group, which (like statistics) are ignored when grouping tracks.

Sounds good. Please consider including a function like that in a future release of SimPlaylist, thank you.

Reply #172
Hello everybody, i downloaded and copy foo_simplaylist.dll to Componets folder. But I don't know how to use this

Reply #173
With so much information provided, it is hard to know how to help. 

What version of Foobar2000? It has been a long time since it is appropriate to load components by copying to the components folder. The only items residing there are related to the core. Components go in the user-components folder within their own named sub-folder. You can do it manually, but it is quite handy to have foobar2000 automatically install components for you via the install button on the components preference page. 

What problem are you having? Can't get foobar2000 to find simplaylist as it is in wrong location, or you do not know how to load a component into your configurations. http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...ut_Editing_Mode

Reply #174
Hi Tpijag!  i used Foobar2000 v1.1.7 . I go to Preferences >> Components >> Installed Components >> click "SimPlaylist" >> Install. I see nothing change and I don't know what to do next?

ps: I found folder "user-components" in folder foobar 2000.