Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Splitting .wav's (Read 2955 times) previous topic - next topic

Splitting .wav's

Hi,

Does anyone know of a good freeware program to split .wav files? Some of my albums have "hidden" tracks and I need to split the last track and the hidden track into separate .wav files.

Thanks for your help

- Dave

Splitting .wav's

Reply #1
Hi,

Does anyone know of a good freeware program to split .wav files? Some of my albums have "hidden" tracks and I need to split the last track and the hidden track into separate .wav files.

Thanks for your help

- Dave

If you visit my 'Other' page at Mirror 1 (link at foot of homepage), you'll find a prog called 'Splitter'. It will split wave files on the basis of adjustable lengths of silence and an adjustable threshold of silence. If your 'hidden' track is identifiable this way it might work for you.  It'll cost you nothing but a little time to find out!!

Splitting .wav's

Reply #2
You can do this with Exact Audio Copy ("Tools" > "Split WAV By CUE Sheet") or via the command-line with SHNTool, but if you need another solution I would recommend CD Wave (unrestricted/uncrippled shareware), since it allows for simple visual placement of your index points once you've loaded the WAV.

- M.

Edit: Oops... beaten out by john33, and feeling rather foolish that I didn't think of his program as well! Sorry about that, John. Forgive my oversight?

Splitting .wav's

Reply #3
Edit: Oops... beaten out by john33, and feeling rather foolish that I didn't think of his program as well! Sorry about that, John. Forgive my oversight?

Hey, no problem. You offered more options than I did!!

Splitting .wav's

Reply #4
CDwave works well for me.  I use it to record LP's  You can specify the track splits, name them, and mark any which shouldn't be saved (like before the
first track starts, or the silence at the end if you wandered off when the record finished) .  There is no cut/paste/pop filter etc, so do that in
another editor.

Splitting .wav's

Reply #5
great suggestions - thanks guys. i tried out a few of the programs and decided to use cd wave. i'm really quite impressed with it - easy to use and free!  thanks again.  dave.