Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Comparing two linear phase eq (Read 3890 times) previous topic - next topic

Comparing two linear phase eq

I  wanted to compare the "performance" of two different commercial eq in linear phase mode.

Unfortunately from one eq to an other, the settings does not behave exactly the same.
So to get around this problem I  used the vst analyzer from Christian Budde , and tweaked the settings so that 
we get a same frequency response for both eq (or quite similar).

So I've uploaded  :
the unmodified snippet : "snippet normal.flac"
one with bass boost in linear phase mode with fab filter pro Q (setting "maximum latency") : "snippet - LP fab filter pro q.flac"
one with bass boost in linear phase mode with Electri-Q: "snippet - LP  electri q.flac"
bonus : bass boost in minmum phase mode, with fab filter pro Q : "snippet - min phase.flac".

I've done the eq processing both inside foobar, using the command "convert".

Settings:
Fab Filter pro Q, bell at 40 hz, boost of 6 db, Q= 1
Electri-Q, bell at 40 hz,  boost of 6.2 db ,  BW=1.9

I  failed at the ABX  test (for both eq in LP mode) , but I  thought someone might have more "discerning" ears than me.