Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Speaker set (Read 7431 times) previous topic - next topic

Speaker set

Reply #25
How likely do you think it is that you'll be able to find speakers you like locally for auditioning?

I would again recommend that you first listen to any prospective speakers before you buy.

Yes, when I listen to music I use the stereo to multichannel interface of the receiver.

Hmm. Do you think the Pioneer pair would work acceptably as a pair of surrounds?
edited spelling

Speaker set

Reply #26
Stop by your local Tweeter (if you have one) and check out the Tivoli TDHT1 set.  $279 gets you 5 satellites and a sub, and they blow away the Z-680s and the ProMedia 5.1s (being home theater speakers, and not PC).  I currently have some MidiLand S4 7100 Plus speakers hooked up to my receiver and am looking to upgrade, and the TDHT1 sats put out more bass WITHOUT the subwoofer (which is also nice) than my system does with it.  They're quite impressive.

Information about them on the net is unfortunately sparse, but you can see a pic and a little information here.