Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playback Statistics component: version 3.0.1 (Read 203426 times) previous topic - next topic

Playback Statistics component: version 3.0.1

Reply #251
Robertina

Thank you very much!

/Levi

Reply #252
I have 2 songs sharing the same Statistic while they shouldn't.
Same %title%, same %Album Artist% which is Various Artists, different %Artist%, no other tags.
What's gone wrong there?

This sounds like a major flaw in how foobar2000 is handling %artist%.

Reply #253
hello peter,

it would be nice when the user could decide
either to select storage of playback statistics is stored on filepath (like version 2.9)
or is stored on tag-datas (like current version)

Reply #254
I have ~4000 tracks with playback statistics in my library. Without foo_playcount component foobar2000 idle cpu usage is ~4-5% every 60sec; with foo_playcount it's ~24% every 60sec. Is "Playback Statistics" component's behavior normal?

Reply #255
Everything was alright last night but today, all my rating stars have become blocks. What's the problem?

Reply #256
Generally a sign that you are using a font that does not support stars. Inside or outside of foobar2000 someone /thing changed.
What font do you currently have associated with play lists?

Reply #257
Everything was alright last night but today, all my rating stars have become blocks. What's the problem?

Probably a Windows 7 problem.  Restarting usually restores Unicode fonts which load at boot as blocks and won't fix otherwise.

(wish I knew why)

Reply #258

Probably a Windows 7 problem.  Restarting usually restores Unicode fonts which load at boot as blocks and won't fix otherwise.

(wish I knew why)

Seems like it was a Windows 7 update that screwed things up. Once I un-installed the update it seemed to work alright.

Reply #259
You can export playback statistics to an XML file and import them later, through Library => Playback Statistics menu commands, or through context menu on specific tracks. This can be used to easily transfer playback statistics between different foobar2000 installations or profiles.

I'm using Version 3.0.2 (the thread is for 3.0.1 but there doesn't seem to be one for 3.0.2) and somehow there isn't an Option to import statistics from xml in the context menu. Under "Library" there's still an option to import statistics for the whole library, but I only want to import statistics for a certain playlist which I exported earlier. I already looked under preferences->context menu, it's missing there too.

Reply #260
If you only exported the data from selected tracks, then only the statistics for those tracks in that file will be updated when the import command is used. It doesn't clear the statistics for files not contained in the imported file.

Reply #261
Well this is strange because I just tested it and it worked for a playlist containing one album. But for the playlist I needed it for, containing various tracks from various albums, it didn't and still doesn't work. I checked the playcounts in the xml and they are one lower than those of the files. I imported the xml and nothing changed.

Reply #262
There appears to be some intelligence in the playback statistics Import function.
When the imported times played is lower than the current one it is not overwritten.
When the imported date added of first played is newer that the current it is not overwritten.
When the imported date last played is older than the current it is not overwritten.

Think of it as an "update statistics" function.

You can however first select items in a playlist and choose "Reset statistics" from the Playback statistics context menu. (use shift+right click if it doesn't appear in by default in your context menu). After that only date added is left and you can import your values as you see fit.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #263
Well, okay, that explains it. Thanks.

Reply #264
Perfect, thank you! (:

EDIT:
ok, my joy was a bit too soon... when using with foo_last_fm radio it still tries to update tags ("path" to file in that case is FOO_LASTFM_RADIO://play.last.fm/user/<id>.mp3LASTFM ) - could it be also fixed? (:

Bump?
Could it be that only local files are updated and anything other is left be?

Reply #265
Hi,
i was just wondering
if this plugin or the official plugins could add a skipcount feature beside playcounts?
i am new to foobar and been searching the forums for past 3 days to know if there is a field to show skipped songs
please help
dr subodh

Reply #266
^^ there's no such component AFAIK, however I miss that feature from itunes.

Reply #267
Hi Peter, thanks for a wonderful component, got a feature request though!

Can we have the option to prioritise mp3 tags over the database?

Currently if I move between work and home the database overwrites the tag.

It would be great if it checked if the tag exists and uses that value first.

Reply #268
Foobar2000 does not overwrite your tags. It simply has a preference for use of the database unless you tell it otherwise.

From the documentation for the component.
Please note that this component takes over %rating%, showing rating according to its own database. If you store rating in tags, use $meta(rating) to access it. This behavior has changed in version 3.0, previous versions would fall back to tag contents when rating information was not present in the database.

Reply #269
Hey guys,

Just wondering for the ratings is there any possible way to make it out of 10 stars instead of 5? Thanks.

Reply #270
No, not with playback statistics component. But you can use the properties dialog, the quicktagger or the tagbox to add a number to your rating tag

Reply #271
I'm not 100% sure - but I had to do a reinstall of fb2k on a new Windows install, and I'm met with the following notification when fb2k starts: "Playback Statistics intialization failure: Unsupported format or corrupted file"

Does this mean that my playback statistics database is corrupted? If so, is there any way to fix it? It's years of data that I'd rather not lose
I placed database.dat in the fb2k "Roaming" directory under /AppData, and I'm using a standard installation.

Reply #272
I placed database.dat in the fb2k "Roaming" directory [...]

Takaji, database.dat belongs to the Media Library, not to the Playback Statistics component.

The Playback Statistics component v3.x stores its information in a file named "C653739F-14B3-4EF2-819B-A3E2883230AE" (or similar to that, no file extension) in folder "index-data".
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #273
The Playback Statistics component v3.x stores its information in a file named "C653739F-14B3-4EF2-819B-A3E2883230AE" (or similar to that, no file extension) in folder "index-data".

VERY good to know, thanks... now I know why I was having troubles!

Reply #274
if I format my PC, re-install foobar2000 with this plugin installed will I still have my stats for my music library?