Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_upnp (Read 1627557 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_upnp

Reply #1625
I think I may have found a bug.

After I upgraded to the latest version (0.99.41), my remote Internet Foobar2000 server is not reconnecting on startup, even though I have checked the "reconnect on startup" box. Instead, I must connect manually every time I start Foobar2000. It was working correctly with previous versions. I am currently running 0.99.41 on both my Foobar2000 server and Foobar2000 client.

In addition, there is another issue that has been around for some time now (not just the latest version). My current setup consists of a Foobar2000 server running at my home. I connect to it remotely using a Foobar2000 client at my workplace. Unfortunately, several other people at my workplace seem to be running UPnP servers (about 5-7 servers on a very large LAN). These UPnP servers connect slowly (I don't know why), but this causes my Foobar client to hang upon startup. I usually need to wait 15-20 seconds (sometimes more) until all of the servers have connected successfully and show up in the window. Would it be possible to perform the UPnP discovery and connection attempts in a separate thread to prevent Foobar from hanging? Or perhaps you could provide the option to turn off local UPnP discovery, since I only need to connect to a remote server.

Anyway, thanks for developing this plugin. It really beats transcoding all of my music to MP3s and syncing them to an iPod or other device.

foo_upnp

Reply #1626
I think I may have found a bug.

After I upgraded to the latest version (0.99.41), my remote Internet Foobar2000 server is not reconnecting on startup, even though I have checked the "reconnect on startup" box. Instead, I must connect manually every time I start Foobar2000. It was working correctly with previous versions. I am currently running 0.99.41 on both my Foobar2000 server and Foobar2000 client.

In addition, there is another issue that has been around for some time now (not just the latest version). My current setup consists of a Foobar2000 server running at my home. I connect to it remotely using a Foobar2000 client at my workplace. Unfortunately, several other people at my workplace seem to be running UPnP servers (about 5-7 servers on a very large LAN). These UPnP servers connect slowly (I don't know why), but this causes my Foobar client to hang upon startup. I usually need to wait 15-20 seconds (sometimes more) until all of the servers have connected successfully and show up in the window. Would it be possible to perform the UPnP discovery and connection attempts in a separate thread to prevent Foobar from hanging? Or perhaps you could provide the option to turn off local UPnP discovery, since I only need to connect to a remote server.

Anyway, thanks for developing this plugin. It really beats transcoding all of my music to MP3s and syncing them to an iPod or other device.

Thanks for reporting, I've fixed both issues for 0.99.42 (not too far off).
Auto reconnect is indeed not working in 0.99.41. And when it worked in previous versions, it could block foobar2000 main thread (UI) in some cases, when other UPnP devices are not responding timely.

foo_upnp

Reply #1627
Hello, bubbleguuum and everyone at the forum.

First off, thank you bubbleguuum for the remote server restart function on UPnP v0.99.41. Last week I've been tinkering with my media library tree and I could seriously have used it back then. Oh well.

Anyway, I was curious about my current media library tree, so I've decided to venture on editing the xml. Main reason was that I (like many out there, I guess) have an imperfect library, with many tracks without sufficient metadata info (no artist, no album, no genre, etc.), and would be (somewhat) more difficult to find on a remote acess (which I use, by the way).

So, I came up with the following (and I had no previous experience with xml scripting):

<SubTree label="Tracks">
<spec>$trim($caps($padcut(%title%,3)))_</spec>
</SubTree>

This creates the "Tracks" node, which in turn displays all tracks in the library, first by the first letter of the title (using the split tree nodes function), and then by the first 3 letters from the track, followed by "_". I'm hoping to improve this, by adding all titles starting with numbers on a separate node ("[0-9]" for example), and the same for all non-letter-starting titles (with ..., ( , [ , ?,etc.). The original nodes achive this (with the [Other] subnode, which is what I'm trying to replicate.

I'm guessing it has something to do with object containers, but I'm not proficient enough in scripting to be sure.
Is it possible?

foo_upnp

Reply #1628
Hi, first off, thanks for the plugin and bubbleupnp. I've been using them for the last few days and while most things are working fine there's one problem (and apologies in advance if this has already been answered, I did look. Sometimes the first track in a queue will repeat itself. This is only intermittent, although I can't pin down any specific circumstance that cause it. Bubble reports the correct next playing track, it just isn't played next when the first track ends.

Thanks for any help you can offer. I'm using the latest versions of foobar, upnp and bubble. Foobar is both server and renderer.

Cheers

Doug

foo_upnp

Reply #1629
Hi, first off, thanks for the plugin and bubbleupnp. I've been using them for the last few days and while most things are working fine there's one problem (and apologies in advance if this has already been answered, I did look. Sometimes the first track in a queue will repeat itself. This is only intermittent, although I can't pin down any specific circumstance that cause it. Bubble reports the correct next playing track, it just isn't played next when the first track ends.

Thanks for any help you can offer. I'm using the latest versions of foobar, upnp and bubble. Foobar is both server and renderer.

Cheers

Doug

Known bug introduced in 0.99.41 due to gapless support. Will fix for 0.99.42.

foo_upnp

Reply #1630

Cheers

Doug

Known bug introduced in 0.99.41 due to gapless support. Will fix for 0.99.42.

Thanks

foo_upnp

Reply #1631
Maybe I found a bug (or a feature).

Everytime I close foobar no matter which playlist is open and reopen it always the playlist of "Upnp controller" is the standard playlist. When I remove this playlist, this behaviour doesn't occur. Is this only a setting?

foo_upnp

Reply #1632
I'm browsing the UPNP lib served by foobar2k using a Yamaha AV-Receiver. Everything works great, but I have this little wish: Is it possible to get rid of the MediaLibrary folder that is shown when I'm browsing the library?

The receiver (and also the iPad soft PlugPlayer) shows always the MediaLibrary folder which I have to select before getting Albums, Artists etc.

Any tricks to skip this extra level?

Regards,
klaus.

foo_upnp

Reply #1633
Hello,

Here is one thing that should be improved, from my point of view.

When you select a Music Render from de Controller, it automatically subscribes to RenderingControl service. Well, it would be nice that when you close Controller (or exits foobar) it unsubscribe from all active subscriptions, just to keep the house clean.

EDIT: or at least let the user select the value for header "Timeout: Second-XXX" where XXX now it's 1800 (30 minutes)

That's it. I think you are doing a tremendous job here. Actually I am using foobar2000 + this complement as main test tool for a new device I am working on (well, the company I work for...  )

foo_upnp

Reply #1634
Hello,

I hope I'm posting this on the right thread. I'm next to illiterate when it comes to streaming / server stuff.
I was using Foobar2000 with the upnp component to stream music (including FLACs) to my WDTV Live Hub from my PC (Win 7 64bit). It worked fine for over a year, but now, with no apparent reason, it stopped working. I've installed newer versions of all software to no avail.
The "UPNP controller" window recognizes the WDTV and I can select it as the target device. However, when I press play nothing happens. The music doesn't play, and the controller reads "stopped." I've fiddled around with the settings, but nothing seems to work. Curiously I can access the Foobar2000 server and playlists from my WDTV end, but since I want to play music without the TV being on this doesn't help.

Any advice would be appreciated.

This is from my foo_upnp.log file.

0.000: foo_upnp::on_init(199)/6344: INFO: foo_upnp: version 0.99.41
0.003: PLT_UPnP::Start(150)/6344: INFO: Starting UPnP...
0.003: media_tree_root_node_t::load_ml_filters_from_file(188)/6344: INFO: file C:\Users\Avenius\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\foo_upnp_ml_tree.xml do not exists
0.004: standard_media_tree_root_node_t::load_ml_filters(579)/6344: INFO: loaded default Media Library filters
0.011: PLT_UPnP::AddDevice(224)/6344: INFO: Starting Device...
0.011: PLT_HttpServer::Start(127)/6344: INFO: HttpServer listening on 0.0.0.0:56923
0.013: PLT_UPnP::AddDevice(224)/6344: INFO: Starting Device...
0.013: PLT_HttpServer::Start(127)/6344: INFO: HttpServer listening on 0.0.0.0:1598
initialized in 0.017s
0.120: FbMediaServer::CheckAuthentication(397)/6924: INFO: received LAN request: http://192.168.0.11:56923/DeviceDescription.xml (User-Agent: INTEL_NMPR/2.1 DLNADOC/1.50 Intel MicroStack/1.0.1423)
0.131: FbMediaServer::CheckAuthentication(397)/6924: INFO: received LAN request: http://192.168.0.11:56923/X_MS_MediaReceiv...3941ec/scpd.xml (User-Agent: INTEL_NMPR/2.1 DLNADOC/1.50 Intel MicroStack/1.0.1423)
0.138: FbMediaServer::CheckAuthentication(397)/6924: INFO: received LAN request: http://192.168.0.11:56923/ConnectionManage...3941ec/scpd.xml (User-Agent: INTEL_NMPR/2.1 DLNADOC/1.50 Intel MicroStack/1.0.1423)
0.152: FbMediaServer::CheckAuthentication(397)/6924: INFO: received LAN request: http://192.168.0.11:56923/ContentDirectory...3941ec/scpd.xml (User-Agent: INTEL_NMPR/2.1 DLNADOC/1.50 Intel MicroStack/1.0.1423)
created 21712 path registry entries in 0.423s
0.506: FbMediaServer::CheckAuthentication(397)/6680: INFO: received LAN request: http://127.0.0.1:56923/DeviceDescription.xml (User-Agent: FDSSDP)
3.3138: FbMediaServer::CheckAuthentication(397)/5236: INFO: received LAN request: http://127.0.0.1:56923/DeviceDescription.xml (User-Agent: Microsoft-Windows/6.1 UPnP/1.0 Windows-Media-Player-DMS/12.0.7601.17514 DLNADOC/1.50)
loaded Media Library tree in 3.823s
4.4689: PLT_UPnP::Stop(191)/6344: INFO: Stopping UPnP...
4.4739: PLT_HttpListenTask::DoRun(491)/2668: WARNING: PLT_HttpListenTask exiting with -20021 (NPT_ERROR_CANCELLED)
4.4739: PLT_HttpServerSocketTask::Read(195)/6680: WARNING: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20021 (NPT_ERROR_CANCELLED) [(res)]
4.4739: PLT_HttpServerSocketTask::Read(195)/2208: WARNING: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20021 (NPT_ERROR_CANCELLED) [(res)]
4.4842: PLT_HttpListenTask::DoRun(491)/3548: WARNING: PLT_HttpListenTask exiting with -20021 (NPT_ERROR_CANCELLED)
4.4842: PLT_HttpServerSocketTask::Read(195)/6796: WARNING: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20021 (NPT_ERROR_CANCELLED) [(res)]
4.4842: PLT_HttpServerSocketTask::Read(195)/5804: WARNING: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20021 (NPT_ERROR_CANCELLED) [(res)]
4.4895: PLT_HttpServerSocketTask::Read(195)/6888: WARNING: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20021 (NPT_ERROR_CANCELLED) [(res)]

foo_upnp

Reply #1635
Hello!

Another kind of bug:

You are playing a song through Controller, put Pause and then, from foobar2000 playlist you right-click to a different song -> UPnP Controller -> Play on UPNP_DEVICE and what you get is a resume from old song in Pause instead of a Play of the new selected song.

Bye!

foo_upnp

Reply #1636
When you select a Music Render from de Controller, it automatically subscribes to RenderingControl service. Well, it would be nice that when you close Controller (or exits foobar) it unsubscribe from all active subscriptions, just to keep the house clean.

It does already that. Subscriptions are unsubscribed on renderer change, panel removal or exiting the app.

foo_upnp

Reply #1637
Hello,

I hope I'm posting this on the right thread. I'm next to illiterate when it comes to streaming / server stuff.
I was using Foobar2000 with the upnp component to stream music (including FLACs) to my WDTV Live Hub from my PC (Win 7 64bit). It worked fine for over a year, but now, with no apparent reason, it stopped working. I've installed newer versions of all software to no avail.

Even if you do not have that exact model, there's a bug with the latest WDTV Live Streaming firmware that prevents FLAC to play (bug report)
The only solution is to revert to the previous firmware.

You can also try the previous version (0.99.40) of the plugin and report if it works (link)

foo_upnp

Reply #1638
You are playing a song through Controller, put Pause and then, from foobar2000 playlist you right-click to a different song -> UPnP Controller -> Play on UPNP_DEVICE and what you get is a resume from old song in Pause instead of a Play of the new selected song.

Ok, thanks for reporting.

foo_upnp

Reply #1639
Thanks a lot for the info! It seems that I had only been trying with FLACs since I know noticed that streaming MP3s works fine. I hope WDTV fixes the problem.

Cheers

Hello,

Even if you do not have that exact model, there's a bug with the latest WDTV Live Streaming firmware that prevents FLAC to play (bug report)
The only solution is to revert to the previous firmware.

You can also try the previous version (0.99.40) of the plugin and report if it works (link)

foo_upnp

Reply #1640
Bubbleguum, is there a place/preference/setting where I can feed foo_upnp a path to non-embedded artwork for album art streaming?

foo_upnp

Reply #1641
When playing music from my NAS on PC 1 and controlling playback from PC2, I can change the volume, pause and play, but I cannot skip to the next track.
It would also be handy if I could minimize foobar without minimizing the upnp control window along with it.

foo_upnp

Reply #1642
Suggestion: make the http:// or https:// prefix a dropdown box on the "add remote UPnP server" page. It took me hours to figure out that I couldn't connect with just my domain:port alone, I went through practically every single network related option before I noticed that the example mentions a http:// prefix.

foo_upnp

Reply #1643
Also, would it be possible to make the playlist entries load on-the-fly instead all-at-once? For example, in increments of 100 entries as I scroll down? Loading my bigger playlists (15k entries) through internet takes many minutes, even with the server machine having a fast cpu and 25mbit upload.

foo_upnp

Reply #1644

It does already that. Subscriptions are unsubscribed on renderer change, panel removal or exiting the app.

Ok, it's weird because I only get unsubscribed on render change; panel removal or FB2K exit does not unsubscribe me from anywhere. I cheked it on FB2K 1.1.16 and foo_upnp 0.99.41.

I'll do more testing ASAP.

Thanks!

foo_upnp

Reply #1645
I'm having problems using this plugin with Xbox 360. My library is 50% Apple Lossless and 50% MP3, there are only a handful of songs in WMA or AAC. The xbox sees the library just fine and will play anything that is not lossless. The only way I can get my Apple Lossless to play, is to set up Foobar to always transcode to MP3. If I try the whole "always decode to LPCM" and except WMA, MP3 and AAC, the lossless will not play. Any suggestions?

foo_upnp

Reply #1646
hi

since the last plugin update i have some problems with this plugin. I try to use it with an android device. Before the update, it just worked. But now, if i start the upnp server, and then check it from the android device(using upnplay app), the server isn't in list. But if i stop and start the server, it immediately appears in the app, and works as is should. But if i quit from the upnp client, and start it again, i need to restart the upnp server in foobar too, to make it appear. It seems this server plugin only broadcasts once that "im here", when the server is started.

Why is this? Is there a fix for it?

foo_upnp

Reply #1647
The UPnP Media Server could not be started. Port 56923 *might* be in use by another application or foo_upnp instance.

I am still facing this error message, almost on every start of foobar2000. foobar2000 (v1.1.16) / foo_upnp (v0.99.41) is started on my computer automatically at boot time. When this message appears, the foo_upnp server cannot be started, and therefore foobar2000 is not found by UPNP clients like "BubbleUPnP".

I already reported this phenomenon in posting 69664/813221 of Nov 4 2012.

Does anyone have a hint how I can solve this problem? Am I the only person facing this problem?

Interestingly, the error message text slightly changed in the very last version of the foo_upnp plugin:

v0.99.40: "UPnP Media Server could not be started. Port 56923 might be in use by another application"
v0.99.41: "The UPnP Media Server could not be started. Port 56923 *might* be in use by another application or foo_upnp instance."

foo_upnp

Reply #1648
now i've found the problem... the junk Cisco EPC3925 cable modem/route, which block the mulicast packets between lan and wlan.

foo_upnp

Reply #1649
Can you make a workaround for this problem? A lot of users have the same problems around the world with this modem-router, and cisco don't cares about it as usual.
But as i wrote, the server appears on clients when it's started, i don't know how it's work, but it would be nice if we have an option that advertises the server with that method, instead of the standard multicast method.