Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4575580 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #4600
ok, i will try that another time. Will let you know the results...

It was the component Playlists Dropdown. Let's see if I can get something else for that instead, or find out what if it conflicts with something else.

Columns UI

Reply #4601
Console panel 0.3 released. Changes:
  • By popular demand, a Clear command
  • You can now configure the font of the panel
  • Increased the maximum number of messages displayed

Columns UI

Reply #4603
libpng binary updated to version 1.2.29.

Columns UI

Reply #4604
Album List Panel 0.3 released for testing. Changes:

* Supports Item properties panel
  * Supports unified Columns UI Colour and Font configuration
  * Supports exporting appearance settings to FCL files
  * Filter query syntax updated
  * Misc bug fixes and changes

Columns UI

Reply #4605
eeek im at work and cant test it out here.. been waiting for an update forver.. cant wait!!

Columns UI

Reply #4606
wow a lot of update
thanks a lot

Columns UI

Reply #4607
Album List Panel 0.3 released for testing.
Thanks for updating this component. It seems there's a little bug (or it's me doing something wrong) with the option 'Middle button action:add to playlist'. First i have to left click an item to make the middle click adding the desired item on the current playlist. Then if i try to middle click another item it's the previous selected item which get added not the current one. It was not behaving this way before.

Columns UI

Reply #4608
Try 0.3.1  Thanks for the report.

Columns UI

Reply #4609
 Perfect. It's working again. Thank you.

Columns UI

Reply #4610
Musicmusic, I've got a filtering problem. I've got four filter panels on top of each other under a tab stack.

If I choose the composer Bax, then the genre "Tone Poem", all tone poems are correctly opened in the playlist. But the "Work" filter does also show the Symphonies as you see. But the Symphonies aren't genre tagged as Tone poems, and also the Symphonies are not added to the playlist (which is correct).

I hope you see what I mean. It seems if I make changes to the "genre" filter, the "work" filter shows no reaction, as if it's not bound to changes in the genre filter.

Vice versa the filters behave correctly: if I select all Symphonies in the work filter, the "tone poem" genre disappears in the genre filter.

I already rescanned media library, I also swapped the filters in the layout, I tried really hard but can't find the cause of this.

Any idea?

This describes how exactly the tracks are tagged:
Symphonies: %GENRE%="Classical"
Tone poems: %GENRE%="Classical; Tone Poem"

Columns UI

Reply #4611
what's with console?!

ntl cui component should be much higher in official wiki

as i can remember when i double click the status bar the actual playing track was shown in the middle of the playlist, but now it remembers the last window position!? interesting but is that more functional? (in the middle you're expecting it, but history, you can't always rec where the track was - if you are looking for something fast for ex)

edit: an what's with item properties - is it suppose to replace classic track info?

Columns UI

Reply #4612
Thanks for all the recent updates musicmusic! I like the clear option for the console .

I was wondering if it would be at all possible to have a facets like view for the filter panel? Basically displaying any of the filter fields side by side (maybe an option for vertical / horizontal stack?). Something like this:

I think I had mentioned this a while ago, but I can't remember.
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

Columns UI

Reply #4613

Columns UI

Reply #4614
I was wondering if it would be at all possible to have a facets like view for the filter panel? Basically displaying any of the filter fields side by side (maybe an option for vertical / horizontal stack?). Something like this:
Cpt. Obvious asks: "Do you simply want multiple filters below a horizontal splitter, Commander Keiko?"

Columns UI

Reply #4615
what's with console?!

Huh?

ntl cui component should be much higher in official wiki

Huh?

as i can remember when i double click the status bar the actual playing track was shown in the middle of the playlist, but now it remembers the last window position!? interesting but is that more functional? (in the middle you're expecting it, but history, you can't always rec where the track was - if you are looking for something fast for ex)

Preferences > Display > Columns UI > Status Bar > Action to perform when doubleclicking on status bar
np: 4'33"

Columns UI

Reply #4616
Huh?
Huh?

where is the config for console?

when i double click the status bar the actual playing track was shown in the middle of the playlist, but now it remembers the last window position and it's not shown in the middle of it!

Columns UI

Reply #4617
When I listen to a mp3 in mini view I see my foobar very small with artist and track infornation.
But I use some .asx files that haven't a properly name like "?" - radio station.
Is it possible to except .asx files for track information and instead add a text like "this is a stream"?

I added this:
$if($strcmp($lower($replace(%filename_ext%,%filename%,)),.asx),
$alignabs(2,5,%_width%,15,,)RADIO STREAM!!!)

But this only adds Radio stream! through the text %artist% and %track%.

Here's the code for mini view.

Code: [Select]
// mode 4: Mini View
$button(20,2,0,0,16,16,,,WINDOWSIZE:470:$get(full):LEFT:TOP,)
$button(20,2,0,0,16,16,/images\plus.png,/images\plush.png,'PVAR:SET:mode:1',TOOLTIP:"Playlist View")
$button(360,2,0,0,16,16,/images\miniprev.png,/images\miniprevh.png,Previous,TOOLTIP:"Previous")
$button(375,2,0,0,16,16,
$if($or(%ispaused%,$not(%isplaying%)),/images\miniplay.png,/images\minipause.png),
$if($or(%ispaused%,$not(%isplaying%)),/images\miniplayh.png,/images\minipauseh.png),Play or Pause,TOOLTIP:" Play/Pause ")
$button(390,2,0,0,16,16,/images\mininext.png,/images\mininexth.png,next,TOOLTIP:"Next")
$button(410,2,0,0,16,16,/images\hide.png,,hide,TOOLTIP:"Minimize")
$button(430,2,0,0,16,16,/images\exit.png,,Exit,)
$if(%_isplaying%,
$font(Verdana,8,bold,231-237-241)
$alignabs(40,0,325,$get(mini)...

Columns UI

Reply #4618
You could use something like $if2(%artist%,Radio Stream!) or maybe $if(%length%,%artist%,Radio Stream!) in place of %artist%, and similarly for %title%. Or you could use $if2(%artist%,%url%), which sometimes looks ok.

Columns UI

Reply #4619
Cpt. Obvious asks: "Do you simply want multiple filters below a horizontal splitter, Commander Keiko?"

Well yes that could work if I were using CUI. However, I am still using that UI that dare not speak it's name around here, and it's a bit more difficult to set that kind of thing up . I guess it's a bit selfish asking for such a feature since it is possible by other means, but it would just make things that much easier for me .
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

Columns UI

Reply #4620
Musicmusic, I've got a filtering problem. I've got four filter panels on top of each other under a tab stack. [...]
It seems you are describing how they are meant to work: filtering is one-way / hierarchical.

Bidirectional filtering is not really a practical thing.. I can explain my view if you wish

where is the config for console?
You can only configure the font.

when i double click the status bar the actual playing track was shown in the middle of the playlist, but now it remembers the last window position and it's not shown in the middle of it!
Not here. Which playlist view and do you have it directly in a standard splitter or something like panel stack splitter.

Well yes that could work if I were using CUI. However, I am still using that UI that dare not speak it's name around here, and it's a bit more difficult to set that kind of thing up . I guess it's a bit selfish asking for such a feature since it is possible by other means, but it would just make things that much easier for me .
Just go and toggle the 'filter precedence' option..

Columns UI

Reply #4621

Why do you think I answered "Preferences > Display > Columns UI > Status Bar > Action to perform when doubleclicking on status bar" to that question of yours?

If you happen to use Columns UI (which I assume you do, going by the thread you posted this in) that's exactly where you configure what should happen if you double click the status bar.

You might want to set that to "View/Columns playlist/Activate now playing", at least that's what works for me.
np: 4'33"

Columns UI

Reply #4622
Musicmusic, I've got a filtering problem. I've got four filter panels on top of each other under a tab stack. [...]
It seems you are describing how they are meant to work: filtering is one-way / hierarchical.

Ah, I didn't realize it works top down, but now I see it. If it's not too complicated, yes, please describe why this is.

Columns UI

Reply #4623
Not here. Which playlist view and do you have it directly in a standard splitter or something like panel stack splitter.

Code: [Select]
horizontal splitter
|
-verical splitter
  |
   -tabs...
|
- NG Playlist
|
- Peakmeter

i thought you cange it for some purpose, but it's working here like i said (f2k 0.9.5.5, CUI 0.3.4.1)

@leak: you can see it now, i think (although is not much of a problem)

Columns UI

Reply #4624
Squeller:
Well let's say you had an artist and genre filter. You select a genre which filters the artist list. Now you select an artist, which will filter the genre list, leaving only that artist's genres. problems:
-there's now no easy way to switch genre again
-it's no longer clear why the artist list is in the state it is

then you could go select that genre and you would be left with one artist and one genre...

basically, you could try and alter the behaviour so it doesn't work like I describe, but in any case I don't see how it wouldn't be a bunch of hacks and be completely unpredictable and/or unusable. if you disagree feel free to explain

i thought you cange it for some purpose, but it's working here like i said (f2k 0.9.5.5, CUI 0.3.4.1)

@leak: you can see it now, i think (although is not much of a problem)
If it is already in view, it will just select it. I don't think anything has changed there...