Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: convert a wav or a mp3 file in a flac file (.raw) (Read 4118 times) previous topic - next topic

convert a wav or a mp3 file in a flac file (.raw)

hi I need to convert a wave file ( or a mp3 file) in a flac file with  output in RAW format with one channel  and 8000hz.
Can I do it with a batch file? is it possible?

Reply #1
Let me see if I understand:

You want to take MP3 or FLAC files and decode them to raw PCM files that have been resampled to 8KHz mono.

Is that correct?  For a command line program that can be called from a batch file, sox is probably your best bet.

Reply #2
Let me see if I understand:

You want to take MP3 or FLAC files and decode them to raw PCM files that have been resampled to 8KHz mono.

Is that correct?  For a command line program that can be called from a batch file, sox is probably your best bet.

thanks fot the fast answer
yes i have to convert a wav or a mp3 file to 8khz mono.
:-)
how can i use sox?
I am not an expert in batch I usually use  vb.net

ps is possible to do it without any software?