Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4586958 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #6550
just add a color for selected text $set_style(text,000000,ffffff) this shows a black normal text and a white selected text
if you in the columns ui preferences just press string help

Columns UI

Reply #6551
New to foobar, and it looks excellent, one feature that draws me to it, is the fact that i can put in multiple genre's, but im battling a bit with multiple artists, here is the deal.

I am using foobar with the Columns UI component (not sure if it makes a difference)

I am using the filter view( the one with Genre / Artist / Album) on the top.

I want to sort my music in a specific way, say for instance Bad Meets Evil's album, has two artists, Eminem and Royce Da 5'9'", so in the songs metadata, i have Artist as Eminem;Royce Da 5'9" and Album Artist is Bad Meets Evil.

I want the album to be displayed under Eminem, Royce and Bad Meets Evil, so if i go to Preference -> Display -> Colums UI -> Filter -> And make Artist's field Artist, the album shows under Eminem and Royce, but there is no Bad Meets Evil, if i change it to Album Artist, the album shows up under Bad Meets Evil, but not Eminem, or Royce. All to this far is quite understandable.

So i thought changing the filed to Artist;Album Artist would solve the problem, but it did not, it shows the artist, but not the album artist, and changing to Album Artist; Artist shows the album artist and not the two artist, so in other words, it reads the first field, but not the second.

How can i solve this?

Columns UI

Reply #6552
If you use "artist view" f2k searches the fields in the order %artist%, %album artist%, and some other. Using "album artist view" will force f2k to change the sarch order to %album artist%, %artist%, and some other. This is important, because f2k chooses always the first field found that contains a value. The Problem you have, is the expected and normal behavior.

To solve this problem you can on the one hand add the album artist to the artist field ("Eminem;Royce Da 5'9";Bad Meets Evil") or on the other hand generate a custom filter (if that's possible with CUI, dunno that), filtering items according to %album artist% and %trackartist%. The last field is only present, if album artist differs from artist and will show the contents of the artist field. This should cause f2k to display the items the way you want.

Columns UI

Reply #6553
can on the one hand add the album artist to the artist field ("Eminem;Royce Da 5'9";Bad Meets Evil")

hahaha, i was looking for a complex solution, the easy, clear one, never even came to mind!

Thanks a bunch, I believe that will sort it out for me !

filtering items according to %album artist% and %trackartist%. The last field is only present, if album artist differs from artist and will show the contents of the artist field. This should cause f2k to display the items the way you want.

If i do Decide to pursue the "more difficult" way, how would i go about doing this?

Keep in mind, i want this feature, so i dont mind change to DUI, if CUI cant do it.

Thanks for the help!

Columns UI

Reply #6554
If the first one is good for you, then congratulations!

With the second option, I think, I cannot help you. But if I'm forced to guess, it could follow something like %album artist%[', '%track artist%]|... (the rest of the query) instead of simply %album artist%|... or %artist%|...

Columns UI

Reply #6555
Hi,

I'm new to columns UI, so please forgive my stupid question.
I tried to use the default layout with fiters and NG playlist which works fine for FIlter Results playlist, but it doesn't seem to work with my other playlists that are created from the flac files on my harddrive. Is it woking for files in library? If that is the case, how can I turn off them when I switch to another playlist?
Any help is appreciated!!

Columns UI

Reply #6556
I have made my own topic, because im not quite sure where this fits in.

I am using the ColumnsUI component and also tried it with the panel stacker addon.

Basically, i want this layout, as a beginning, to start playing around with the different settings in foobar (im still a newbie)

Easy, right? nope.... According to the above pic, to me, its clear that the layout should look like this:

but with the above layout, i get this :

I have tried it all ways, but cant seem to get foobar to recognize the horizontal splitter before the NGPlaylist, it keeps on making it a vertical one?

Lastly, how would i go about adding another horizontal splitter inside the last filter, to make space for a album art view? i.e:

Columns UI

Reply #6557
Try a Vertical Splitter.

HTH.

Alessandro

Columns UI

Reply #6558
i have tried vertical splitters aswell, still the same!

Columns UI

Reply #6559
Hi guys. I'm looking for, and if there is a way to make the playlist (NG) automaticaly scroll with changing songs, but without the cursor following the current playback.

To be more exact: If I use the "cursor follows playback" it's great, and the playlist is scrolling when the song that is being played now is going outside of the current window. I'm looking for exactly same feature but without the cursor following the currently playing song. So when the song switches to some that is outside of the currently displayed songs, the playlist will scroll to the next song to display it, BUT the cursor will stay to where it was placed before.

Anything doable like that in foobar? I'm using Columns UI with Stack Panel Splitters.

cheers

Columns UI

Reply #6560
Hi, you might want to try the following setup:

Did this with a clean install of foobar and columns ui.
Hope this helps!

Columns UI

Reply #6561
I suspect the problem endlesslyonline is having is the same exact problem I ran into when I was trying to use CUI for the first time - The horizontal and vertical splitters do opposite things compared to their DUI equivalents.
Where the DUI's "Horizontal Splitter" would immediately insert a horizontal line (thereby splitting the screen vertically,) CUI's "Horizontal Splitter" is its own container that sorts every sub-item horizontally within it.

It took about half an hour of trial and error for me to figure that one out, lol.

Columns UI

Reply #6562
Hello! I'm quite new to Columns UI but I was wondering if it's possible to merge two different panels with each other; in example "Item Details" with a visualization of your choice.

You could add a splitter, but I would like to have the visualization under Item Details. Is that possible?

Columns UI

Reply #6563
Hi, you might want to try the following setup:

Did this with a clean install of foobar and columns ui.
Hope this helps!

I suspect the problem endlesslyonline is having is the same exact problem I ran into when I was trying to use CUI for the first time - The horizontal and vertical splitters do opposite things compared to their DUI equivalents.
Where the DUI's "Horizontal Splitter" would immediately insert a horizontal line (thereby splitting the screen vertically,) CUI's "Horizontal Splitter" is its own container that sorts every sub-item horizontally within it.

It took about half an hour of trial and error for me to figure that one out, lol.

Thanks to you both,

@kahvitronic - Thanks that layout worked.

DarkScythe - That was a nudge in the right direction, atleast now i understand the layout and how it works.

Columns UI

Reply #6564
Hello. The default sort order of Foobar2000 is kind of horrible, as it seems to go by Album name. I've checked the settings, but I can't find where the sort order settings are.

What I'm interested in is changing the default sort order (which foobar always reverts to) to something like track number, album, date, artist  (with artist being the last one sorted by).

I'm using Columns UI, which I suppose is deprecated, but I don't think that it's relevant.

Columns UI

Reply #6565
Well, what you use is actually vital for the way you change the grouping and ordering
EsPlaylist (for CUI) has a dedicated TF string, where you can set up how you want your files to be grouped. But I am persuming you use NG-Playlist...?

Columns UI

Reply #6566
Columns UI, which I suppose is deprecated
Um, no. Why would you think that? A quick glance around the forum or Knowledgebase should have been enough to convince you that the reality is quite the opposite.

Columns UI

Reply #6567
Hi guys. I'm looking for, and if there is a way to make the playlist (NG) automaticaly scroll with changing songs, but without the cursor following the current playback.

To be more exact: If I use the "cursor follows playback" it's great, and the playlist is scrolling when the song that is being played now is going outside of the current window. I'm looking for exactly same feature but without the cursor following the currently playing song. So when the song switches to some that is outside of the currently displayed songs, the playlist will scroll to the next song to display it, BUT the cursor will stay to where it was placed before.

Anything doable like that in foobar? I'm using Columns UI with Stack Panel Splitters.

cheers

Anybody has any clue?

Columns UI

Reply #6568
I've checked the settings, but I can't find where the sort order settings are.

How items get sent to the playlist is usually determined by whatever (e.g. windows shell, media library viewer, a playlist file) you are sending them to the playlist from.

So, what are you sending them from?
elevatorladylevitateme

Columns UI

Reply #6569
Well, what you use is actually vital for the way you change the grouping and ordering
EsPlaylist (for CUI) has a dedicated TF string, where you can set up how you want your files to be grouped. But I am persuming you use NG-Playlist...?

How do I know what type (of what? Playlist manager?) I'm using? If I go to settings ? display ? columns ui and select "quick setup" under "Setup" I can selsect a bunch of NG playlist layouts. I think I started from one of those, so I suppose I'm using NG-Playlist.

I've checked the settings, but I can't find where the sort order settings are.

How items get sent to the playlist is usually determined by whatever (e.g. windows shell, media library viewer, a playlist file) you are sending them to the playlist from.

So, what are you sending them from?
From the media library viewer, always. I'm using one of those NG Playlist layouts, which I suppose is "from the media library viewer"?
My typical way of listening to music consists of selecting the artist in the artist pane of the NG Playlist and then browsing the songs.

This terminology might be easy to understand as a developer, but as an end user I don't really understand how Foobar2000 is built.

Columns UI

Reply #6570
Hello! I'm quite new to Columns UI but I was wondering if it's possible to merge two different panels with each other; in example "Item Details" with a visualization of your choice.

Columns UI

Reply #6571
@ Mooe

What about something like this?

+ Horizontal Splitter
---- Album List
---- + Vertical Splitter
-------- Playlist View
-------- + Horizontal/Vertical Splitter (depending on what you want)
------------ Item Properties
------------ Visualization

I'm a bit confused though, since the picture shows you'd like to put the visualization next to the item properties panel, but you are saying under instead. Whatever the case is, you can simply switch between the two type of splitters to do whichever job.

Columns UI

Reply #6572
I think I found a bug with Columns UI, this doesnt happen with foobars default ui.

The comment sections text overlaps each other in the Item Properties Panel.

You can find the file in question here: http://up.servut.us/34370

Columns UI

Reply #6573
@ Mooe

What about something like this?

+ Horizontal Splitter
---- Album List
---- + Vertical Splitter
-------- Playlist View
-------- + Horizontal/Vertical Splitter (depending on what you want)
------------ Item Properties
------------ Visualization

I'm a bit confused though, since the picture shows you'd like to put the visualization next to the item properties panel, but you are saying under instead. Whatever the case is, you can simply switch between the two type of splitters to do whichever job.

Sorry, the picture must have confused you. I actually meant that I want Item Details above the visualization, like they are sort of "merged" together