Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Request] Random by Album (Read 8085 times) previous topic - next topic

[Request] Random by Album

I'm one of those people that enjoys listening to music by album, not just a song at a time.  I'm also crazy and want to forgo my freedom of choice of what I'm in the mood for and have Foobar do it for me.  So, Peter, could you code in an option to have random play by albums, so it'll play on album, then go to a new one.

I did a search and this was in a request thread almost a year ago, so I thought it would be okay to request it here.  If not, feel free to flame and torture me.

Reply #1
i agree... it is a great idea... most likely have to be a plugin of some sort tho... its kinda complicated

call it foo_juke or something.

Reply #2
Yes it's indispensable to implement "random album" in foobar, i've post a topic
about that last week but nobody seems to be interested...

Reply #3
  I figured it would be simple to implement something to do it through the ALBUM tags.  Or just have it require the database be enabled..

Reply #4
Yes, a random based on albums tags , play all the titles of the same album (in order) then random to another album name. no? (excuse-me for my poor english...)

Reply #5
it also involves knowing the first and last tracks of the album, as well as how many tracks there are on the album... this isnt too hard im sure, but also not too easy.

i like the idea tho.. i hope someone makes it.

Reply #6
It is possible to sort your playlist "randomly" buy album and then just use the linear playback.  Not exactly what your want, but it might help you somewhat.  Try a search I posted a sorting string a while back.

Reply #7
It is possible to sort your playlist "randomly" buy album and then just use the linear playback.  Not exactly what your want, but it might help you somewhat.  Try a search I posted a sorting string a while back.

this is a possibility, but less appealing than the idea of it randomly picking on the fly... at least in my opinion

Reply #8
i agree with spase ...

Great Idea! Would be really nice if someone coding it :-)

Reply #9
Yes, I'd like to have this capability too.

It has already been requested by spase before. See this thread.

It was also mentioned in this thread (check out the posts from floyd and silver_cpu on page 4). Note that these posts are almost nine months old.

zZzZzZz, are you reading this ?
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

Reply #10
Yes, I'd like to have this capability too.

It has already been requested by spase before. See this thread.

It was also mentioned in this thread (check out the posts from floyd and silver_cpu on page 4). Note that these posts are almost nine months old.

zZzZzZz, are you reading this ?

i dont think its peter's place to implements such an option... more of a plugin type thing.

Reply #11
just tossing in my 0.02euro worth of opinion :-)

I'd also love to see a Random by Album plugin/feature

Reply #12
Hey, what's that? Is that a bandwagon I see? Can I jump on too? 

I would get a lot of use out of this.

Reply #13
WYO!
地獄

Reply #14
I'd like to see something like this...

Reply #15
What if playback was made scriptable, kind of like the playlist has formatting?