Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: is a "smart" shuffle play possible? (Read 2308 times) previous topic - next topic

is a "smart" shuffle play possible?

I recently posed this question in the general Hydrogen Audio forum as it wasn't specifically about foobar, but I thought it might also be fruitful to provide a link here.

topic in General forum

To summarize, I'd love the ability to have a "shuffle" playback mode where songs from already-played albums or artists would not be repeated for a user-specified time period.  (I picture an option along the lines of "smart shuffle -- do not repeat songs from played artists/albums/genres/etc. for the next ## tracks...or the next ## hours of playback.... or the next ## calendar days/weeks according to the system clock").

I haven't a clue how one would go about implementing such a thing or whether it would be too burdensome a task, but I think it would be a wonderful feature.

Itazura

Reply #1
It would be a great plugin, or even feature.

Reply #2
I'm kind of working on something like this in my spare time, but I'm not great with C and my spare time keeps shrinking.  So it might be a while, sorry...but if you have any suggestions for it, I'd definately try to incorporate them.