Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_dumb (Read 311235 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_dumb

Reply #575
File    : A94FINAL - Deep in her Eyes.S3M
by    : Introversion Software
Game: Uplink  (Steam Game)
Title  : Deep in her Eyes

The author of this module is Skaven aka Peter Hajba, a former Member of the PC demo group "Future Crew", working at Remedy (Max Payne, Alan Wake) nowadays. Probably the music was not licensed by Introversion Software?

foo_dumb

Reply #576
File    : A94FINAL - Deep in her Eyes.S3M
Game: Uplink  (Steam Game)
Title  : Deep in her Eyes

The author of this module is Skaven aka Peter Hajba, a former Member of the PC demo group "Future Crew", working at Remedy (Max Payne, Alan Wake) nowadays. Probably the music was not licensed by Introversion Software?

oohh..  yah I found this in the tags "  Composed # Skaven / FC"
I bought the 4 game pack off of Steam back 2009-2011 at some point...
anyway I found the loose audio files so I added them to my music collection

foo_dumb

Reply #577
Yeah, the new fast seeking for modplay/playptmod doesn't perform any mixing when skipping ahead, which includes running any samples between ticks. Changing this behavior is possible, but would require significant work.

foo_dumb

Reply #579
Here the module plays flawlessly, no crash. Did foobar2000 create crash log? If so, please post it here.

If you have difficulties finding the root of the issue try with a clean installation of foobar2000 and foo_dumb being the only additional plugin. If that runs fine continue adding back one plugin at a time and check again. Note that it might be not related to a plugin but to a certain configuration setting.

To save your current foobar2000 installation from being overwritten simply rename the folder, e.g. add a fullstop character to the folder name (foobar2000!). This way you can easily return to your previous setup once you have identified the problem or use it as a reference to tweak your fresh installation of foobar2000.

foo_dumb

Reply #582
Both of those crashes have been fixed.

foo_dumb

Reply #587
Last versions of foo_dumb crash foobar on start if it is running under EMET, triggering "caller" mitigation.
Tried 1.0.151 on 1.3.8, and 1.3.7.

foo_dumb

Reply #588
Okay, I am not sure if anyone checks these forums, but here goes.

I love the dumb decoder for Foobar. However, I decided to update foo_dumb, and now modules that previously decoded properly are now garbled in some cases, and don't pay properly in others.

Some examples (these can be readily downloaded from ModArchive):
checkered_subgliep.mod (completely garbled)
yf-nebulae.it (the lead does not play correctly, missing notes; play in modplug to verify)

There are some others, but my library is large enough that I don't remember all of the ones that don't play properly right now.

-S

foo_dumb

Reply #589
Please try the .it with XMPlay as well, as with the "modplay/playptmod" option enabled in Preferences by default, it plays .it files with BASS if BASS accepts them.

As for the .mod, I'll forward your report to 8bitbubsy, the author of playptmod, who may be able to look at it.

foo_dumb

Reply #590
Fixed the bug for the .MOD file you mentioned.
It was as simple as adding header ID "CD81" as "8ch MOD w/ normal period range" to the loader. I took the time to analyze quite a few CD81 files, and none of them had extended periods in the note data, so I assume that CD81 can't do notes outside C-1..B-3. It's from an Octalyzer tracker for Atari STe/Falcon030.

foo_dumb

Reply #591
Fixed the bug for the .MOD file you mentioned.
It was as simple as adding header ID "CD81" as "8ch MOD w/ normal period range" to the loader. I took the time to analyze quite a few CD81 files, and none of them had extended periods in the note data, so I assume that CD81 can't do notes outside C-1..B-3. It's from an Octalyzer tracker for Atari STe/Falcon030.

Oh my gosh - you guys rock! I can't believe you managed to push this out the same day! I expected at least a week before anyone even read this!

I was actually coming back to add another mod which was completely garbled, but this has been entirely fixed now. Thank you guys so much.

Also, your suggestion of disabling 'use playptmod/modplay' fixed the .it file. If playptmod is necessary to play the aforemention mods though, then I can leave it on and ignore the missing notes for now. I am just impressed the devs are still active!

-S

foo_dumb

Reply #592
I was already suggesting you try reporting your .IT file to Ian Luck, whose code is being used when that checkbox is enabled, at least for .IT files. I'll forward your file to him anyway, but the best I can do to describe your issue is to quote your posts.

E: Reported, and found to be broken in XMPlay as well.

foo_dumb

Reply #593
Captain, captain, condition red, regression alert! I found the below mentioned issue, which had been fixed, to be present again in v1.0.153. Yes indeed, it's your favorite ol' module again.

[...]I found a few things to report using the latest foo_dumb release v1.0.134.

Test.xm: foo_dumb's ft2play does not play the entire module but ends playback after 10 seconds, default foo_dumb processes it fine.

foo_dumb

Reply #594
Captain, captain, condition red, regression alert! I found the below mentioned issue, which had been fixed, to be present again in v1.0.153. Yes indeed, it's your favorite ol' module again.

Back to condition green. Well, never mind, it seems to be just a temporal anomaly. I can't reproduce the issue anymore after I restarted foobar2000. Then again, I witnessed a couple weird behaviour regarding handling of modules lately, each disappeared after a restart of foobar2000. Will try to catch and report any such weird issue next time... hmm, I'm wondering what's going on here.

foo_dumb

Reply #595
[...]I witnessed a couple weird behaviour regarding handling of modules lately, each disappeared after a restart of foobar2000. Will try to catch and report any such weird issue next time... hmm, I'm wondering what's going on here.

I just identified the root cause of the issue. Another input plugin which I had installed named ZX Tune Player also supports quite a lot of the module tracker formats similar to foo_dumb, yet not as accurate. It registers its supported file extensions in foobar2000 just like any every input plugin does. So I ended up with a lot of file formats registered for two plugins, foo_dumb being the first entry and foo_input_zxtune coming second. Obviously sometimes the second plugin entry of a certain file format was chosen instead of the first registered plugin. Unfortunately there is currently no way to edit file extensions in the file type association list in order to remove a second registered plugin entry, hence I was forced to uninstall the ZX Tune Player plugin until further.

I hope that both the missing edit feature of the file association list and the issue with competing input plugins can be addressed with a future update of foobar2000? That would be great.

EDIT: fixed grammar

foo_dumb

Reply #596
Last versions of foo_dumb crash foobar on start if it is running under EMET, triggering "caller" mitigation.
Tried 1.0.151 on 1.3.8, and 1.3.7.

1.0.153 still crashes on 1.3.8 when running with EMET.

foo_dumb

Reply #597
Then maybe you can kindly ask Ian Luck to reduce his paranoia and hand you some unpacked copies of bass.dll, to mitigate your heightened paranoia.

foo_dumb

Reply #598
Or ask someone to deprotect his DLLs, which will be illegal.
If I had my way, I would pack my DLLs with my executable compressor (and soon to be VM/encryptor). But then end users might bitch due to the retardness of some AVs.

foo_dumb

Reply #599
Thanks for making this great plugin, sounds very crisp and clear. The only thing which seems odd is the way the way the volume is handled at times, clearly louder on some tracks than the playback in the actual trackers. Sometimes the Replaygain peaks go beyond 1.00, which seems to be countered with a limiter. Is there a way to make the playback not go beyond the original peaks? I've noticed the issue especially with this track, which has a normal peak of 0.99 in any tracker program, but 1.43 if I play it in Foobar.