Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Donation for Frank Klemm's new PC (Read 89607 times) previous topic - next topic

Donation for Frank Klemm's new PC

Reply #150
And yes, it has 640 GB of hard disk space.

That's not a good way to motivate someone to work on audio compression.

Reply #151
Really impressive!   

Good work CiTay

Reply #152
What is new on this front?

Reply #153
What is new on this front?

Christian will pick up the PC from me soon, and if all goes well, he will deliver it to Frank within the next week!

Reply #154

That's not a good way to motivate someone to work on audio compression. 

"Normal" people only need the compressed data, but a programmer of a codec need both,
uncompressed and compressed data. That even more than "lossless" people need ;-)
--  Frank Klemm

Reply #155
After seeing the PC I'd bet CiTay has a secret tickle to keep the PC for himself and disappear mysteriously. 

Reply #156
After seeing the PC I'd bet CiTay has a secret tickle to keep the PC for himself and disappear mysteriously. 

Is there someone here in forum who can distinguish between real and faked images?
--  Frank Klemm

Reply #157

Is there someone here in forum who can distinguish between real and faked images?

Like, photoshopped images, or cd images?  If the latter, how can you fake one?    Enlighten me as to what you're talking about, please, Frank 

Reply #158

Like, photoshopped images, or cd images?  If the latter, how can you fake one?    Enlighten me as to what you're talking about, please, Frank 

Nevermind him, his humor is a little on the black side. Of course he meant the PC pics...

Reply #159
ChristianHJW was at my place today to pick up the new PC. He is really a nice person to talk to and quite motivated. Tomorrow he will visit Frank Klemm and deliver the PC to him, and he'll also take some pictures. I don't know how soon the pictures will be uploaded here, but Frank will definitely get his new PC tomorrow!

Reply #160
Citay. One last thing. Did you upgraded all devices firmware to the latest?. I am a upgrade firmware freak. Just a reminder. 

Reply #162
Citay. One last thing. Did you upgraded all devices firmware to the latest?. I am a upgrade firmware freak. Just a reminder. 

Yes, of course! Even the IDE controller has the newest firmware.

Reply #163

640 GB ought to be enough for everyone!

Reply #164
and he'll also take some pictures.

Forget the PC pictures, I want to see a picture of Frank 
flac > schiit modi > schiit magni > hd650

Reply #165

That's what i meant. I think you've all seen pics of the PC by now.

Reply #166
I’m somewhat experienced with building PCs, and I have to say that I’ve learned some things seeing the pictures and specs of Frank’s new computer.  Specifically sound dampening materials along with the silent power supply and cpu fan.

I’ve usually thought along the lines keep fans going to keep things cool, allowing some over-clocking ect.  After seeing Frank’s PC, I can’t believe I’ve been listening to my computer’s fans for this long.  Perhaps I’m just really behind the times or something, or just not paying attention to the technology.

Anyways, I advise anyone who is going to build a new PC soon to search a bit on the internet for building a silent PC.  There are sites that sell sound dampening materials, silent power supplies ect.

Again, nice job CiTay… in many ways I think my next pc build will mirror your’s for Frank.  Although I probably won’t be building it for another few years…

Reply #169
I am now about 60 km from Frank's hometown, sitting in a hotel with WLAN access, checking company emails. After another customer meeting this afternoon ( first one this morning was splendid, i should come here more often ) i will meet Frank in his appartment and hand over the PC to him.

CiTay made a great job with it, i had problems to hear if it's actually running yesterday when we did the last kernel upgrade downloads together. What a ride from CiTay's hometown ( West Germany ) to this place here ( East Germany ), about 400 km in 3 hours  ..... LOL ..... i arrived 0.45 AM here in the hotel, just enough time for a beer before going to bed, and dead tired .....

Reply #170
about 400 km in 3 hours  ..... LOL .....

Driving in Germany is something everyone should experience

Reply #171

Have you tried google image search ?
Vital papers will demonstrate their vitality by spontaneously moving from where you left them to where you can't find them.

Reply #172
Christian just called me, Frank has his computer! More later.

Reply #173
Whoohoo! Mission complete!

Reply #174
Have you tried google image search ?

I have now. Is this Frank?

http://www.drmh.de/drmh2/img_0979.jpg