Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.6 (Read 1889678 times) previous topic - next topic

CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.5 (current)

Reply #2275
Setting C2 to yes is not desirable in an EAC style log.

If C2 pointers are used, why would you want the log to say they weren't?

Did you try setting "EAC style log" to false in the options?

Well, yeah, but that produces CUERipper's native log format, which doesn't say whether C2 pointers were used at all.

Reply #2276
As a longtime user, I'm happy to see that 2.1.5 is forthcoming.  However, even in the new beta, when running Verify on .ape or .tak files, it seems like the ACCURATERIP* tags aren't being updated, as they are in .flac files.

I have tested this using embedded and track-separated .ape and .tak files, and examining/reloading tags in the latest Foobar2000. 2.1.4 behaves the same way. I only noticed this because I use embedded .tak files maintained by CUETools to store/port my CD collection.

Is this something I'm doing wrong, or a minor bug?

Reply #2277
Hope to see the new FLAC v1.3.0 being added to CUETools v2.1.5 before it gets officially released.

Reply #2278
Is there an archive of older versions of cuetools (and cueripper)?
2.1.4 and 2.1.5 fail to rip a number of CDs that rip flawlessly for me on EAC.
I'd just like to roll back to a version that works.

Reply #2279
It would be better for everyone involved if you could provide details about the problem and the affected CDs so that Gregory could attempt to fix the issue, thus saving you from having to miss out on newer features simply to avoid a problem that almost certainly is fixable.

I would recommend a source of older versions that can fill the gap until such time as Gregory can address the issue, but I am not aware whether or not such a thing exists.

Reply #2281
Samsung TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203B drive
Tested with CUERipper 2.1.4 & 2.1.5 only
On extremely scuffed/scratched/dirty discs and some discs longer than 74 minutes, I get

some time after the Error Correction bar lights up. The rip aborts at this point and there are no log files written.
Cleaning/polishing the disc does prevent the exception on some.
korth

Reply #2282
Sorry for offtop, but I need the source code for CUETools 1.9.5a very much!
Please, help me.

Reply #2284
Looks like it, thank you.

Previously, source code of the  older versions could be easily downloaded from the first page. It was very convenient.
Let version is the old, but I'm satisfied with everything, especially with interface. There is just a pair of functions that I would like to add.

Reply #2285
Are there plans to make CUETools work with single-track albums? Currently, if I drag the track (of which the album consists), it gives me an error saying that I didn't input an album. In order to get around this, I have to create a dummy CUE sheet, which can be a bit of a hassle.

Reply #2286
Currently, if I drag the track (of which the album consists), it gives me an error saying that I didn't input an album. In order to get around this, I have to create a dummy CUE sheet, which can be a bit of a hassle.

You can drag m3u playlist

Reply #2287
Is it not possible to browse through network shares with CUETools? I have my music library located in one and even though it's added into my music library, CUETools doesn't seem to see it.

Reply #2288
Some other things I noticed:

- When transcoding to the same path as source files, it asks you if you want to overwrite, yet says source = dest is not possible if you confirm. Can't it transcode to a temp file, then rename it to overwrite the source as the prompt suggests is possible?

- When transcoding an album that has multiple track artists, CUETools insists on picking the first track artist as album artist in batch mode, messing up the tags. Suggestion: allow to customize that, for example set to predefined string/leave album artist empty/prompt on multiple track artists

- Is it possible to process ONLY the .cue files? As it is now, you have to go to each directory and explicitly tick only the .cue, else  which is rather cumbersome if you want to transcode your whole library. I tried looking into scripting, but there seems to be no documentation on the syntax/object properties

- Would be nice to have an option to ALWAYS save .cue as utf-8, looks like it didn't made into 2.1.5

Reply #2289
Is it not possible to browse through network shares with CUETools?

I'm running CueTools in an XP Virtual Machine on Linux, with a Samba file server on another Linux box. I can browse/verify/repair over the network using an SMB share.

Reply #2290
- Would be nice to have an option to ALWAYS save .cue as utf-8, looks like it didn't made into 2.1.5

I agree completely, but from what I've deduced, if there are no Unicode chars in a file, then utf-8 == ASCII. There would have to be some kind of header/footer added using utf-8 only chars to actually make the file utf-8.

Reply #2291
Detailed log, CD-Extra data track bug

A bug-fix was made in 2.1.4 but it did not completely fix the issue in the log. This still wasn't fixed in 2.1.5.

disc without data track (partial log)
Code: [Select]
[CUETools log; Date: 6/20/2013 6:45:11 AM; Version: 2.1.5]
[CTDB TOCID: eAEwOGhXm4Xc9lIzrRUM__ZsbMo-] found.
        [ CTDBID ] Status
        [8e0dd717] (69/91) CD-Extra data track length 01:28:38, Accurately ripped
        [af00bb3f] (03/91) Accurately ripped
        [8e0dd717] (04/91) CD-Extra data track length 01:08:69, Accurately ripped
        [11936b70] (01/91) CD-Extra data track length 01:28:38, No match
        [d17bf126] (01/91) CD-Extra data track length 01:28:38, No match
        [8e0dd717] (02/91) CD-Extra data track length 01:30:38, Accurately ripped
        [a32d2d44] (01/91) CD-Extra data track length 01:28:38, No match
disc with data track (partial log)
Code: [Select]
[CUETools log; Date: 6/20/2013 6:43:53 AM; Version: 2.1.5]
CD-Extra data track length 01:28:38.
[CTDB TOCID: eAEwOGhXm4Xc9lIzrRUM__ZsbMo-] found.
        [ CTDBID ] Status
        [8e0dd717] (69/91) Accurately ripped
        [af00bb3f] (03/91) Has no data track, Accurately ripped
        [8e0dd717] (04/91) , Accurately ripped
        [11936b70] (01/91) No match
        [d17bf126] (01/91) No match
        [8e0dd717] (02/91) , Accurately ripped
        [a32d2d44] (01/91) No match
Note the missing alternate data track length info on a disc with data track.
korth

Reply #2292
I'm running CueTools in an XP Virtual Machine on Linux, with a Samba file server on another Linux box. I can browse/verify/repair over the network using an SMB share.
For me on win7, the multiselect browser doesn't show any network entries, just computer and local db. If I mount the share as a drive it does list it, but I'd like to see it actually browse the whole network instead.

I agree completely, but from what I've deduced, if there are no Unicode chars in a file, then utf-8 == ASCII. There would have to be some kind of header/footer added using utf-8 only chars to actually make the file utf-8.
Actually, as Gregory said, currently it only saves the .cue in utf-8 if there are characters not in your codepage. So since I run this PC in Japanese locale, no .cue is saved in utf-8 for my music, making me convert it manually for other PCs I have.

Reply #2293
ive used cuetools for years and never had any problems. but all of a sudden its not working.

it cannot decode flac files. or any files. if i go into settings theres no decoders available to choose from anymore?

i redownloaded the program. tried the latest stable and latest dev build. ive cleared all settings. ive made sure all of the runtimes are installed. im at a loss here.. ive googled around for an answer and cant find anything.

im running windows 7 x64, and ive successfully used cuetools on this windows install, it just stopped working and has gotten this issues.

could someone please help me?

Reply #2294
ive cleared all settings

By that do you mean you deleted the settings file from
C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\CUE Tools\
(or deleted the whole folder) while CUETools wasn't running?
korth

Reply #2296
What's the latest change to your system before it stopped working? Any new antivirus software or service packs or anything like that by any chance?
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #2297
What's the latest change to your system before it stopped working? Any new antivirus software or service packs or anything like that by any chance?

nothing like that that i can remember. just normal software. its been a few months since i last used it so i cannot be totally sure. but in the case of anti virus, no. and nothing like a service pack.

Reply #2298
Bug report - CUETools 2.1.5 (12 June build)

Encode - Selecting wav for audio output gives unhandled exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
korth

Reply #2299
2.1.5 Bug Report

- On repair Disc Number and Total Discs are not padded ( 1/2 and 2/2 vs 01/02 and 02/02) to match existing meta data

- After repairing a disc, I keep all the good tracks from a rip and just move the corrected track into the original directory, and then I re-verify. With 2.1.5, I cannot re-verify without the dummy cue. For some reason, after copying a repaired track to a directory to replace the bad track 2.1.5 can ONLY see the first 2 tracks, and then reports the disc is not in the database. And it always seems to be the first to track even though neither was repaired....