Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is it possible to change output device via SDK? (Read 3476 times) previous topic - next topic

Is it possible to change output device via SDK?

Hi. It's my first post.

I'm trying to build a component.
And It will do the following things.
1. The component install a combo box at toolbar area. (pretty much like the official "Playback Order toolbar")
2. The combo box will be filled with output device list.
3. And the initial selection will be the current selected output device.
4. If user change the combo box selection, then the output device will change too. That's all.
It's very simple but it could be very very useful for users who have 2+ output devices
(or somebody who wanna change ASIO from/to WSAPI).

Now, here is my 2 questions.

Q1. Is it possible to install a combo box via SDK?
I've succeeded compiliing the foo_sample and looked around foo_sample's source and sdk, but i havent found anything named toolbar or something like it.

Q2. Is it possible to enumerate output devices and select one via SDK?

Thanks in advance.

Reply #1
1) No. (Or rather, while there is no service for toolbars, you could always make a proper UI element.)
2) No.
Stay sane, exile.

Reply #2
1) No. (Or rather, while there is no service for toolbars, you could always make a proper UI element.)
2) No.

OK, I see. Well then... Maybe I should file a feature request instead of making my own component.

Thanks Zao.

Reply #3
This would be a very nice feature to add to the UI!

Reply #4
OK, I see. Well then... Maybe I should file a feature request instead of making my own component.

I have 2 or even 3 soundcards and I have to open Options dialog and make some other clicks to switch between them. I dreamed about this fast user control. Maybe, You have already asked for this feature and... what?