Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Oggdropxpd V1.6 Released For Testing (Read 20002 times) previous topic - next topic

Oggdropxpd V1.6 Released For Testing

Reply #25
First, I am currently only looking at the separator as a single character. However, I did wonder whether that would be good enough!

I just realized that your example in the tag configuration window is kind of shitty then. The separator "-" has a space before and after it.
But i'd rather see OggDropXP not being so picky with different separators than having a corrected information text in the tag configuration window. 
Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one! (Benjamin Franklin)

Reply #26
First, I am currently only looking at the separator as a single character. However, I did wonder whether that would be good enough!

I just realized that your example in the tag configuration window is kind of shitty then. The separator "-" has a space before and after it.
But i'd rather see OggDropXP not being so picky with different separators than having a corrected information text in the tag configuration window. 

I dont think it is shitty, I think john33 give a good example, maybe someone wanted the space there.  The  new tagging system is MUCH better than before!

Reply #27
I dont think it is shitty, I think john33 give a good example, maybe someone wanted the space there.  The  new tagging system is MUCH better than before!

I didn't mean that the new tagging system is shitty at all,  i'm really happy and thankful for the improvements regarding the tagging system. (btw it's still a mystery to me how fast john33 implemented the new tagging system)

I just had troubles with it, because it simply doesn't allow space after and before the separators. Personally i think filenames without spaces kind of annoying (hard to read). Since version 1.6 is still in beta stage i just wanted to point out the problem that the example on the tag configuration window is not a good example. There is space before and after the separator, i like it that way, but unfortunately OggDropXP doesn't support it that way, so it's not a good example if the example shows a filename that leads to problems with the tagging feature. To solve the problem the space in the example could just be left out. Or the example could stay as it is and OggDropXP has to be improved, so that the example is a valid filename for the tagging feature. I'd be happy with both, but would definitely prefer the last. 

It's totally up to john33 ... we'll see what he wants to do!

EDIT: Why the hell do i always write OggDropXP instead of OggDropXPd?
Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one! (Benjamin Franklin)

Reply #28

Once upon a time it was called OggDropXp, but too many people confused with winXP(it was around the same time when winXP becomes generally used).  To futher avoid the confusion it becomes OggDropXpd.

Reply #29

Once upon a time it was called OggDropXp, but too many people confused with winXP(it was around the same time when winXP becomes generally used).  To futher avoid the confusion it becomes OggDropXpd.

Actually, the 'd' was added when I added the decoding to it!! 

@quellcore: You're right about the example! A case of more haste, less speed needed, I think. I'm currently adding the stripping of one space either side of the 'separator', if present, and I've extended the number of fields options to 6. That should be done later today.

Also today, hopefully, I'll complete the rename on tagging option.

Reply #30
oggdropXPd V1.6 beta 5 now available at Mirror 1, below. 

Tagging: The Separator should be specified as a single character, it should only accept one! If present, a single space character will be stripped from each side of the Separator during processing. The number of fields that can be specified for each of great-grandparent, grandparent, etc., has been increased to 6, ie., %%%%6 is possible. Adding categories to 'Genre' is not included as yet.

File Renaming on Tag has been implemented and I think is OK. At least, my testing suggests it's working correctly! You may specify what fields you like using the same naming convention.

That's all for now! 

Oh, BTW, I've made the dlls separate downloads.

Reply #31
What can i say, NICE WORK !   

Soren

Reply #32
As i expected: Tagging and Renaming works perfect now (as far as i've tested that) .... WOW ... thanks
But unfortunately it doesn't produce any ogg's that i can play, still the same problem as mentioned in earlier postst. Filesize in the range of 10-30 kb and just tag info inside, i can view the tag info of the files in Winamp ... Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp 
What scares me most that it seems to be that i'm the only one having that problem! I'm running WinXP SP1 (german), oggdropXPd V1.5 works but oggdropXPd V1.6 beta x doesn't regarding encoding ... tried to feed oggdropXPd V1.6 beta 5 with *.wav and *.ape !!!

EDIT: If at least one other person out there could verify the problem that i have, it wouldn't solve the problem but i could really sleep better tonight.

Reply #33
hello

i cant start oggdropxpd
it said missing "grabbag.dll"

Reply #34
i cant start oggdropxpd

Get the OggdropXPd dlls zip package at mirror1 at Rarewares where you got OggDropXPd 1.6beta5

Reply #35
i cant start oggdropxpd

Get the OggdropXPd dlls zip package at mirror1 at Rarewares where you got OggDropXPd 1.6beta5

got it thanz

Reply #36
As i expected: Tagging and Renaming works perfect now (as far as i've tested that) .... WOW ... thanks
But unfortunately it doesn't produce any ogg's that i can play, still the same problem as mentioned in earlier postst. Filesize in the range of 10-30 kb and just tag info inside, i can view the tag info of the files in Winamp ... Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp  
What scares me most that it seems to be that i'm the only one having that problem! I'm running WinXP SP1 (german), oggdropXPd V1.5 works but oggdropXPd V1.6 beta x doesn't regarding encoding ... tried to feed oggdropXPd V1.6 beta 5 with *.wav and *.ape !!!

EDIT: If at least one other person out there could verify the problem that i have, it wouldn't solve the problem but i could really sleep better tonight.

i got same problem as you.

i delete the oggdropXPd.ini file.
and restart the program then it work again.

Reply #37

Great!
But unfortunately it doesn't produce any ogg's that i can play, still the same problem as mentioned in earlier postst. Filesize in the range of 10-30 kb and just tag info inside, i can view the tag info of the files in Winamp ... Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp  :huh:

Have you tried what damner suggested? If that didn't fix it, please try this version: here. This is compiled without the lossless decoding support.

Reply #38
hi john

i found that the tag info in ape don't tranfer to the ogg.
can you add this feature?

Reply #39
hi john

i found that the tag info in ape don't tranfer to the ogg.
can you add this feature?

Hi! I was afraid someone might ask for this at some point!!  I'll look into this at some time. It won't be too soon, I'm afraid, because I'll need to look at the same for FLAC, I guess. I have no idea how much work may be involved, so that's why I won't make any commitment on timescale.

Reply #40
Have you tried what damner suggested? If that didn't fix it, please try this version: here. This is compiled without the lossless decoding support.

I tried to delete config file and i tried your latest test version, nothing worked!
But then i finally got it to work. I tried to figure out what i've done that it finally worked ...
I deleted the config file, but that alone doesn't solve the problem.  You have to encode at least one file without modifying the encoding options ...  after that i have been able to change whatever i wanted.
So, just again to make it clear ... I had to:
1.) Delete any existing config file
2.) Start OggDropXPd (a new config file is created)
3.) Encode one file without modifying the encoding options (it seems that you can change everything else, tagging setup, etc...)
4.) Change every option you want to change and be happy    and encode/decode whatever you want

... I know it sounds strange but i tried it several times and to verify that! John, can you reproduce it with my instructions? Try to modify the encoding settings right after a new config file has been created and before you are doing anything else. Then try to encode something.
John, thanks again for trying to help me with your test version, anyway! I'm really happy that it works now, even with the regular 1.6beta5!

Reply #41
Oh No! The problem seems to be more dificult. Changing the encoding quality seems to cause the problem generally. I tried to cange the quality in the config file, encoding works then, but changing the quality in the encoding configuration window leads to the problem. After that problem i have to delete the config file again, to get OggDropXPd to work properly again!

Reply #42
Oh No! The problem seems to be more dificult. Changing the encoding quality seems to cause the problem generally. I tried to cange the quality in the config file, encoding works then, but changing the quality in the encoding configuration window leads to the problem. After that problem i have to delete the config file again, to get OggDropXPd to work properly again!

Hmmm. Thanks for the detailed info. I'll see what I can do to resolve this and report back later.

Reply #43
Hmmm. Thanks for the detailed info. I'll see what I can do to resolve this and report back later.

OKAY, I think i have been able to isolate the problem: It seems that the scaling factor setting is messed up when you enter the encoding options window.
Before opening that window the Scale in the config file is set to ScaleFactor=100.000000 ... after having entered the encoding options window (regardingless what you're adjusting there) it's set to ScaleFactor=0.000000 in the config file. With that scale factor the encoder doesn't create valid ogg's. When you exit OggDropXPd and change the value of the scaling setting in the config file back to something valid OggdropXPd is working again, unfortunately only until you enter the encoding options window again, voila! 

Reply #44
oggdropXPd V1.6 beta 6 uploaded and available at Mirror 1.

No feature changes. Hopefully, bug fixes, especially with regard to quellcore's problem!!

Reply #45
oggdropXPd V1.6 beta 6 uploaded and available at Mirror 1.
No feature changes. Hopefully, bug fixes, especially with regard to quellcore's problem!!

:'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  You can guess what happened  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(
Still the same problem: When i open the encoding options window and 'push' accept and exit OggdropXPd you can find the  :x entry ScaleFactor=0.000000 in the config file. I didn't change anything on the encoding opions window, i just hit accept. Even trying to change the scale factor fails in encoding options window ... After closing OggDropXPd there's still the ScaleFactor=0.000000 in the config file.
And as it has been in the beta5 i can change it in the config file itself and OggdropXPd works again ('works again' means it encodes ogg's that can be played).
But nice to have a beta built that has been created for me basically.    THANKS
It's still unbelievable, nobody else has got that problem? Anybody out there who can confirm what almost made me pu#e and sh#t on my PC?

EDIT: Maybe this information helps >>> when you can already find ScaleFactor=0.000000 in the config file and i open OggDropXPd and the encoding options window i find the following right under the Scale Factor field: will result in a Volume change of: -1.#INF dB

Reply #46
@quellcore: I just uploaded a very slightly revised compile, compiled using different optimisations. Can you try this one please? It's still called beta 6.

Reply #47
@quellcore: I just uploaded a very slightly revised compile, compiled using different optimisations. Can you try this one please? It's still called beta 6.

I tested it, unfortunately nothing changed!

Reply #48
I tested it, unfortunately nothing changed!

Damn!!  Can you remind me what system you're running please? Processor and OS, really.

Reply #49
Damn!!   Can you remind me what system you're running please? Processor and OS, really.

AthlonXP1600 on VIA KT133A, OS WinXP SP1 (But german  )

EDIT: @john: Take a break, i feel kind of guilty for keeping you so busy with a problem, that just occurs on my system.
I'll have a beer for your in a sec. It could be much worse, at least i can use your great tool/frontend, i just can't change encoding options in the window, have to do it in the config file. It's not perfect, but okay! If others might report similar problems in a couple of weeks, then it might be useful to find a solution for that problem. I really appreciate your help. Thanks again!
btw: have you tried to set ScaleFactor=0.000000 in the config file? Did the same happen to you then? ((just a short file with ogg extension but nothing just tag info inside)