Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar Youtube Radio (Read 57498 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar Youtube Radio

Reply #50
With Youtube track manager : "Search for similar artist / Open artist and similar artists" search results are quite good. Best than with "same artist station" of Youtube Radio.
My idiot question of the day: why do you call it "Youtube RADIO"?
For me radio is ...a radio station. I'm confused in my playlists of web/stream radios and youtube radios.

Well your problem is only that you don't like menu.
Both script works in same way, i think that now with latest: 'Youtube Track Manager' , there are no differences for 'similar artist' and 'genre'.
You can rename in menu "same artist station" with "Search for similar artist" or whatever you like, on line: 592,593.
I can also add ex.> ''Open Madona and similar artist..'' , as it is done in 'YT Track Manager'.

Only difference is that Wilb script has Album Manager, which can also be added(but i will not do this, because Wilb already did that).

Question: Why do you call it "Youtube Radio"?
Well, because it is Radio, not something else.
It's based on ''Last.fm Youtube Radio'' , and it works in same way.
So this should be called: 'last.fm Radio' or 'Youtube Radio'.
You can rename this, with your own name, - call it whatever you like..

Foobar Youtube Radio

Reply #51
@mire777
Yeah, I know all about the removal of api services, especially the full biography from lastfm. But at least for now the api's work with YouTube Track Manager and there is a choice of two. There is always the option of using html if they cease to work.

Echonest is now owned by Spotify. Following the aquisition by Spotify, Napster & Rdio removed their support. So I guess much of the echonest data now no doubt comes from Spotify users. Echonest say nothing is going to change with regard to availability of the api but we will have to wait and see.

The html method is not immune from failing either. I get biographies and album reviews from allmusic by an html method, and every time allmusic change the format of the web page the script breaks and has to be changed... But for now we have a choice of a number of working methods for you tube track management. I am happy for YouTube Track Manager to be on the first post of the page if the mods allow the change. To make YouTube Track Manager compatible with wsh panel mod 1.4.2 I think the changes are much the same as before - although there are more AppendTo menu items that would need to be changed to the old style - but YouTube Track Manager is still in beta and so there may be bug fixes to come.

Foobar Youtube Radio

Reply #52
@Mire777, I made search tests with the same artist, with different results. Your script is on my installed foobar and WilB's script is on a portable version.

Anyway, there are not many people posting here.

About radio...my confusion could be because I don't use last.fm. Its'not a problem

I could rename, but I'll have to remember to rename again everytime you update

Foobar Youtube Radio

Reply #53
@Mire777, I made search tests with the same artist, with different results. Your script is on my installed foobar and WilB's script is on a portable version.

Anyway, there are not many people posting here.

About radio...my confusion could be because I don't use last.fm. Its'not a problem

I could rename, but I'll have to remember to rename again everytime you update

Yes, i've noticed that not many people posting here.
So, I'w invite people to comment, and leave their suggestions.

-Question is how would you call this script?

@WilB i didn't receive response from the moderator i wrote.
So i will contact another to see is possible to change main post, and leave there both script.
I'll write you in pm about this..

Foobar Youtube Radio

Reply #54
Deezer, Echonest, Jango, last.fm and Rhapsody all seem to use radio
Pandora, Rdio and Slacker seem to call them stations
Spotify seems to use artist radio

So I don't currently have anything better to suggest since use of the terms radio or station are pretty standard ways used to describe artist and similar artist and genre type music playback by a number of well-known sources. Even though it is a little confusing compared with traditional radio. So I guess "radio" now has a new meaning...

Foobar Youtube Radio

Reply #55
Deezer, Echonest, Jango, last.fm and Rhapsody all seem to use radio
Pandora, Rdio and Slacker seem to call them stations
Spotify seems to use artist radio

So I don't currently have anything better to suggest since use of the terms radio or station are pretty standard ways used to describe artist and similar artist and genre type music playback by a number of well-known sources. Even though it is a little confusing compared with traditional radio. So I guess "radio" now has a new meaning...

Yes i agree..
All this (Deezer, Echonest, Jango, Pandora) are ''radio'', but your own personal radio, where you can chose what to listen by: genre,artist or some way of recommendation.
Today, you have your personal 'radio', and this is future in real meaning word - 'radio'.

Seems that YouTube also trying to become 'Radio'. It have biography, similar artist, recommendation metod, genre, playlists, lyrics.. etc..
All goes in that way that youtube become radio..
In a few years, they probably will.

So great is that we already now have 'Youtube Radio' in foobar.
Any other name for this - will be inapropriate.

Foobar Youtube Radio

Reply #56
"Seems that YouTube also trying to become 'Radio'"...... It seems its almost here already. Last.fm stopped there normal radio streaming service a few days ago in the face of competition. There new radio streaming player is in beta and plays music from youtube. Quote from last.fm: "On 26 March 2014, Last.fm announced they would be discontinuing their streaming radio service on 28 April. In a statement, the site said the decision was made in order to "focus on improving scrobbling and recommendations"." Further quote from another source: "Last.fm said it will continue to deliver personalized music to its listeners ... The difference is the music will not come from its own servers. Instead, music will be piped in from YouTube and VEVO onto the new player.The company, owned by CBS Interactive, struck a similar deal late January to plug into Spotify as a source. These two arrangements allow Last.fm to avoid paying music licensing fees while still delivering streaming music to its users."

Foobar Youtube Radio

Reply #57
For me, simple lady not very intelligent, radio means web radio /streaming radio. I choose radios for classical music, jazz, pop or news.
About Youtube Radio, for me it would be easier to call it Youtube music.
Today, I'm trying to have a new skin and make test on a foobar portable version where I have only the foo_Youtube component. It is more easy, no need for panels, buttons and scripts to find artists songs, concerts... 
Surely I miss important things.

Foobar Youtube Radio

Reply #58
For me, simple lady not very intelligent, radio means web radio /streaming radio. I choose radios for classical music, jazz, pop or news.
About Youtube Radio, for me it would be easier to call it Youtube music.
Today, I'm trying to have a new skin and make test on a foobar portable version where I have only the foo_Youtube component. It is more easy, no need for panels, buttons and scripts to find artists songs, concerts... 
Surely I miss important things.

Well with foo_youtube only, you cant find similar artist, you cant have recommendation what to listen.. So i prefer Youtube Radio. It works perfect. My playlist is always updated with new top artist and songs.. No need to go on web, and search what is new in music industry, or to type and search which new artist or songs exists. My script will inform me if something new appear... This is better way, i have all in one...

Foobar Youtube Radio

Reply #59
New version: Foobar Youtube Radio 0.0.11.
http://pastebin.com/qU8chyzn

Changes:

-Add track length (because of changes in foo_youtube.dll , track length now must be added trough parameter: ''3dydfy_alt_length'')
-Improved ''track naming'' (thanks WilB for implement this)
-Add support for DUI background (I missed to add this in previous version)
-'Add location' will no longer appear.

Thanks 3dyd for add ''skip analysis at clip info'' which helping to supress 'add locations' box.
Thanks WilB for improved 'track naming' which i used in this script.

Foobar Youtube Radio

Reply #60
Sooner than later..
There are new version: Foobar Youtube Radio 0.0.12.
http://pastebin.com/fMFB1GAU

Changes:

Added - ''Artist Variety (1-20)"
Added - ''Song  Hotness (1-20)"
Added - ''Tag  Hotness (27-100)"

Example:
Artist Variety (20)
Song  Hotness (1-3)
*Will play top songs from last.fm (for me works best).
You can also decrease Artist Variety - to play top artist.

Foobar Youtube Radio

Reply #61
New version: Foobar Youtube Radio 0.0.14.
http://pastebin.com/Q0r2cGBe

-Fixed minor bugs.
-Added custom playlist names.

When you open Radio, every playlist will be saved in format: ''YT Radio [%artist%]'' or ''YT Radio [%genre%]''.
You can change first part of name in properties: FB Playlist.
Every station will be saved in playlist, for later listening.

Example:

Station: 'Rachel Stevens' - will be open in playlist as: ''YT Radio [Rachel Stevens]''.

Foobar Youtube Radio

Reply #62
New version: Foobar Youtube Radio 0.0.15.
http://pastebin.com/6TFfjSTB

Changes:

-From now, Youtube Radio is only 'on' if Radio playlist is used, you must uncheck 'Youtube Radio' to have this playlist behave like an ordinary playlist.
In any other playlist than Youtube Radio, radio mode is automatically turned 'off'.

-'Search Video' will automatically open new playlist called> 'YT Radio [Search Videos]' , where you can add your search videos.

-'Open Same Video' will open new playlist called> 'YT Radio [Same Video]'.

Foobar Youtube Radio

Reply #63
New version: Foobar Youtube Radio 0.0.16.
http://pastebin.com/8Gj5gFLr

-Fixed minor bugs.
-Improved speed.

There probably will not be next version for now, except if something changes in foo_youtube component..
Or -if people have some requests..
For now this is final version..
Enjoy...

Foobar Youtube Radio

Reply #64
Thanks mire777

Foobar Youtube Radio

Reply #65
This is quick update for Youtube Radio:
YouTube has changed html tag for ''title'', because of this change in previous version there is absence of title names.

New version:
Youtube Radio 0.0.17.

Foobar Youtube Radio

Reply #66
Foobar Youtube Radio 0.0.18.
http://pastebin.com/UCLwVx86

'Track Naming' is fixed.
-Little fix in menu.

Now everything should work as expected..

Foobar Youtube Radio

Reply #67
Foobar Youtube Radio 0.0.19.
http://pastebin.com/hrD2eicv

Changes:
-Added 'Popular Tracks'.
For each artist in playlist, you can receive top tracks from last.fm.
Tracks are loaded in Playlist: YT Radio [Tracks: %artist%]

Foobar Youtube Radio

Reply #68
Foobar Youtube Radio 0.0.21.

Changes:
-Fixed minor bugs.

Link for download and instruction how to install , here: mire777.deviantart.com
All future updates will go through deviantart..

Foobar Youtube Radio

Reply #69
It possible to save this tracks offline listen later like in a  cache

Foobar Youtube Radio

Reply #70

You can download all tracks by clicking ''convert''. You can also download ''lame''(for converter) - and save all tracks as mp3. If this is what you need...
You can also automate this proces if you want to download all songs you listen in one folder, but i think that this is not good idea..
There might be songs you love and other you do not love.. So better is that you do: ''right click>convert'' only for songs you love.

Foobar Youtube Radio

Reply #71

You can download all tracks by clicking ''convert''. You can also download ''lame''(for converter) - and save all tracks as mp3. If this is what you need...
You can also automate this proces if you want to download all songs you listen in one folder, but i think that this is not good idea..
There might be songs you love and other you do not love.. So better is that you do: ''right click>convert'' only for songs you love.

How to automate??

Foobar Youtube Radio

Reply #72
How to automate??

First go to playlist, right click on track>convert>...
Make new preset with name ''Record'' enter 'path' where you want to save tracks..

Then:
Hold Shift>left click on YT button>configure
On line 45 you have this:

Code: [Select]
function on_playback_new_track() {
p.item_focus_change();
LOAD_ART();
}

Replace this line with this:

if (fb.ActivePlaylist==(GetPlaylistID(pls + " ["+ STATION +"]"))) {fb.RunContextCommand("Convert/Record");}
p.item_focus_change();
LOAD_ART();
}

Now when you play YT Radio, foobar will save all tracks in user defined folder.
To turn this off, comment out this line with ''//'':

//if (fb.ActivePlaylist==(GetPlaylistID(pls + " ["+ STATION +"]"))) {fb.RunContextCommand("Convert/Record");}
p.item_focus_change();
LOAD_ART();
}

Foobar Youtube Radio

Reply #73
New version (Foobar Youtube Radio 2.0)
-Updated title handling due to Youtube changes...

Link for download

Foobar Youtube Radio

Reply #74
How to automate??

First go to playlist, right click on track>convert>...
Make new preset with name ''Record'' enter 'path' where you want to save tracks..

Then:
Hold Shift>left click on YT button>configure
On line 45 you have this:

p.item_focus_change();
LOAD_ART();
}

Replace this line with this:

if (fb.ActivePlaylist==(GetPlaylistID(pls + " ["+ STATION +"]"))) {fb.RunContextCommand("Convert/Record");}
p.item_focus_change();
LOAD_ART();
}

Now when you play YT Radio, foobar will save all tracks in user defined folder.
To turn this off, comment out this line with ''//'':

//if (fb.ActivePlaylist==(GetPlaylistID(pls + " ["+ STATION +"]"))) {fb.RunContextCommand("Convert/Record");}
p.item_focus_change();
LOAD_ART();
}

Thanks mate!
Can you add a feature like lastfm similer tracks??