Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: not all album art will display (Read 1326 times) previous topic - next topic

not all album art will display

I'm making the switch from Winamp to Foobar and I hope my issue can be resolved simply. My collection consists of nearly 1400 albums all in flac files. Artwork is in each file and labelled as either "cover.jpg" or "folder.jpg". (None of the artwork is tagged. Just a separate file within each album folder) Everything loads into Foobar just fine except the artwork. Out of the nearly 1400 files It only loads art for less than 10% of them. There appears to be no pattern as to what displays and what doesn't. For example, out of 24 files for Joe Jackson, only 2 display the artwork. 8 files for King Crimson, 1 displays art. 20 files for Sam Phillips, and no artwork is displayed. Any suggestions?

Reply #1
i'm pretty sure both folder.jpg and cover.jpg are covered by the default settings found under file>preferences>display>album art. you can double to check to be sure and make sure each entry is on its own line. foobar will stop as soon as it encounter the first image it finds so you could put your preference first but it shouldn't really matter because it's unlikely you'd have conflicts.

also, can you just clarify that you're using a default setup with no 3rd party components. some older components might have their own preferences.

Reply #2
Are you certain they are strictly .jpg?

You can add these to the display preferences.

folder.*
cover.*

This will cover other formats it can read. eg: folder.png

Reply #3
Thank you both for the responses. I used a clean install of Foobar, no 3rd party components and verified that all artwork is titled folder.jpg or cover.jpg. I even deleted foobar and reloaded to see what would happen, Same thing. Deleted winamp and reloaded. Everything appeared as it should. I'm stumped. Would the way I organize my files have anything to do with it? For example, 6 albums by Annie Lennox, each in their own folder with artwork, all are in one folder named Annie Lennox.