Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Autoplaylist How-To (Read 1845 times) previous topic - next topic

Autoplaylist How-To

First off, I see a few questions on autoplaylist here on the forum, is there a FAQ, wiki or How-to written on autoplaylists? If so can you direct me to it.
Secondly, I am trying to create a new playlist based on another playlist. Example would be, I have a playlist of songs that need a rating that I play through.
I want to create a playlist that basically
Code: [Select]
%playlist% IS "name" AND %rating% IS PRESENT
is there a method to do this? Basically, I just want to call another playlist to create a playlist using rating may not be the best example.

Autoplaylist How-To

Reply #2
Secondly, I am trying to create a new playlist based on another playlist. Example would be, I have a playlist of songs that need a rating that I play through.
I want to create a playlist that basically
%playlist% IS "name" AND %rating% IS PRESENT

is there a method to do this? Basically, I just want to call another playlist to create a playlist using rating may not be the best example.

As far as I'm aware, it isn't possible to create an autoplaylist from the contents of another playlist, but I'm not sure if you were asking that. Anyway...

You can create a static playlist from the contents of another playlist using the Quick Search Toolbar component. It will allow you to search in foobar's database (as the Library Search does), a playlist or all playlists.

To use it (after adding it, of course), go to the playlist you want to search in, make sure Quick Search is set to Search In Playlist (click on the magnifying glass in the toolbar to set this), then enter your query which could simply be
rating PRESENT

The results should be sent to a new playlist.