Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Facets (foo_facets) (Read 780849 times) previous topic - next topic

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #425
replace %artist% with $caps(%artist%)

oh... after all this time digging through the titleformatting sheet and not seeing this... thanks:-)

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #427
is it possible to strip a space prefix?

i tried $caps($stripprefix(%artist%,the,$char(32))) (also with 20) and it doesnt work

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #428
$trim(%artist%)

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #429
I've got a weird problem that I can't figure out.

I have an Occasion field, and in Facets it shows some right, some wrong. For example, two of twenty songs I have aren't showing up right.

Here's how I have it set up:

The Occasion is set as %<occasion>% for Facets.
Almost all the songs show the multiple tags as separate tags, like Party; Roadtrip shows as Party and Roadtrip separately in the list in Facets.
However - two songs, no matter what I do, show as just one tag with the semicolons. Like Party; Roadtrip (all in one line).

I have tried to go back and make sure that Occasion=OCCASION is in the official tags (it is), is in the multivalue (it is and is working with most of the songs). I have gone to the non-working songs and chosen to split the tags, but it doesn't work. Any suggestions (maybe I am missing something stupid). The files are writeable and I can change them, but they just still won't separate

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #430
How are those tracks displayed in an %occasion% playlist column?

Party, Roadtrip = tagged as multiple values
Party; Roadtrip = tagged as single value with semicolon

Edit: Solved here, WMA has a limited set of multivalue fields.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #431
How are those tracks displayed in an %occasion% playlist column?

Party, Roadtrip = tagged as multiple values
Party; Roadtrip = tagged as single value with semicolon

Edit: Solved here, WMA has a limited set of multivalue fields.

Thanks so much, you actually had helped me solve this through a related problem with the ; vs , showing up in the Text Display thread I'd opened (I didn't realize they were related at first). I will be converting my WMA's. Thanks soooo much!

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #432
I'm experiencing behavior that does not seem to be working as intended, but any clarification is appreciated:

I use Facets in library viewer mode and Simplaylist as my playlist viewer with 1.1.14 beta 1.  I have selected Facet's selection action as "none" and double click action as "send selection to playlist, keep playing playlist (default)".  With these settings, when I double left click on something in a Facets filter, the Simplaylist view changes to the selection, and what is playing keeps on playing, and what is playing switches from appearing as playlist 'library selection" to the playlist "library selection (playing)".  Lets call this the "normal" behavior for this example, and what I prefer to happen all the time.

But the above does not occur when I select something in a Facets filter that also includes the song that is currently playing.  When this happens, the playist "library selection" is overwritten by the new filter selection and the playlist of what is currently playing is wiped out.  Playback is never interrupted and the song "playing" indicator highlights the currently playing track in teh new "library selection" playlist without interruption.  Let's call this the "exception" behavior for this example.

Is this "exception" behavior as intended, or should the "normal" behavior be the only behavior?  Are there settings I'm forgetting to prevent the exception above, or prevent anyone from duplicating or understanding my situation?  Thanks for any insight.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #433
hi there,

first I want to say Facets is amazing!

Is it possible to add "Statistics" -> Creation Date? Last Modified doesn't work for me, because after several scans from audio players, its useless to sort after this criteria.

Would be very nice for me

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #434
i would second "Statistics" -> Creation Date

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #435
I don't understand what do you want to say? I haven't got "Statistics" -> Creation Date
Should it be there?

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #436
I have selected Facet's selection action as "none" and double click action as "send selection to playlist, keep playing playlist (default)". (...) when I select something in a Facets filter that also includes the song that is currently playing [, ] (...) the playist "library selection" is overwritten by the new filter selection (...)

Is this "exception" behavior as intended, (...)?

Yes. The idea is that playback can continue in the selection playlist if the currently playing track is still part of the new selection. Would it help if all previous tracks were required instead of only the playing one?

Is it possible to add "Statistics" -> Creation Date?

Unfortunately, foobar2000's file system API does not provide this information. This has been a feature request for quite some time:

Core
  • Feature: Access to file creation time through title formatting.

Alternatively, use the playback statistics component to store the time a track was added to the library; available under statistics, first and last added. It defaults to the current time on installation though.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #437
Is this "exception" behavior as intended, (...)?
Yes. The idea is that playback can continue in the selection playlist if the currently playing track is still part of the new selection. Would it help if all previous tracks were required instead of only the playing one?

Yes, it would help if all previous tracks were required to be in the new selection to trigger overwriting the playing selection.  Not only help, but eliminate the issue as I see it.  Thanks for considering this!

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #438
Thumbnail caching?

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #439
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees, thumbnail caching would probably be the biggest improvement i can imagine - at least with huge libraries (thousands of albums) building up the covers each time can be quite annoying...

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #440
yeah, +1 for the caching feature request. It would be very useful.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #441
Wouldn't it be better to have that cache as foobar2000 feature rather than one in facets? So that different components (f.e. SimPlaylist) can rely on that feature too or that titleformatting variables are possible that gives back if a file has a referenced cover.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #442
yes, good idea - a foobar-wide covercache related to the path-specifications in the preferences page

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #443
Hi, I've been using facets for a few days now and have a little problem. When I select a 2CD album in a "Album" column then it shows double first, second, third, .... tracks in the "Track" column without grouping them according to the cd number. I use tags id3v2 version 2.4 synced via Picard from musicbrainz. So far I solve it by adding the "Bonus Disc" phrase to the "Album Title" value in tags of tracks from the second disc but I gues this is not the most elegant solution. So is it possible to group tracks in the "Track" column by the disc number while keep sorting them by the track number? Thanks.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #444
Hi, I've been using facets for a few days now and have a little problem. When I select a 2CD album in a "Album" column then it shows double first, second, third, .... tracks in the "Track" column without grouping them according to the cd number. I use tags id3v2 version 2.4 synced via Picard from musicbrainz. So far I solve it by adding the "Bonus Disc" phrase to the "Album Title" value in tags of tracks from the second disc but I gues this is not the most elegant solution. So is it possible to group tracks in the "Track" column by the disc number while keep sorting them by the track number? Thanks.

Either:

Album Name (Folder Name)
- CD 1
- CD 2

or:

Rename (File Operations > Rename to "[%discnumber%.]%tracknumber% - %title%")
1.01 - Title
1.02 - Title
2.01 - Title
2.02 - Title

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #445
yeah, the second option is better, it doesn't require to edit tags. Is it possible to hide the value %discnumber% in the "track" column? Because I have some albums like ghosts from nin where the track number is present already in the track name field so it looks like: "1.01 - 1 Ghosts I".

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #446
Hi, I've been using facets for a few days now and have a little problem. When I select a 2CD album in a "Album" column then it shows double first, second, third, ....

If you are using simplaylist which is preffered with facets then you could try this too:

Code: [Select]
[Disc:%discnumber%]

try this inside simplaylist subgroups, it will do as you expect.

have a look at this

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #447
The simplaylist plugin certainly looks good but unfortunately it's only a playlist replacement, I use the "Track" column in the library section where there's no disc number grouping other than the option of adding the %discnumber% variable to the "Track" facet column. So currently it looks like this. Anyways I'm quiet happy with the layout right now.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #448
Hi,

What parameters do I need to set to play my entire music collection randomly using the Facets plugin?

I have tried various combinations of settings without success.

Thanks,

Mike Duffy

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #449
The very top of the facet item says "All(n of albums)" in case of album facets n: number of albums, clicking over it result in the playlist which would have all the library collection

Now change the playback order to random and start playing.