Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Uppercase to Lowercase tagging? (Read 1326 times) previous topic - next topic

Uppercase to Lowercase tagging?

Is there a plugin for foobar2k that will fix things like this?

Vital Remains - Hammer Down The Nails - Icons Of Evil

I want it to be tagged properly, as such:

Vital Remains-  Hammer Down the Nails - Icons of Evil

Can anyone help with this? I've tried mass tagger, musicbrainz (which 100% of the time says no results) and quick tag and none are fixing it.

Reply #1
Properties, Format from other fields...
try $replace(%tag%, Of , of , The , the )

Reply #2
The checker included in the Tagbox component is usually pretty spot on, in my experience. The Correct Capitalization function is found via the dropdown menu arrow next to each item.

Reply #3
So you don't want uppercase or lowercase, you want Titlecase

Truth be told, there's 14 billion ways to do "proper" titlecase.

Fortunately, you can create masstagger scripts to handle this sort of thing for your entire library. Unfortunately, while you might find some examples around here on the forum, what you'll likely discover is that they're not going to 100% conform to your standards of what "proper" titlecase is, nor is a simple masstaggger script going to work on 100% of all the titles of your library all the time because titlecase is, *ahem*, rather arbitrary and will often have as many exceptions as there are rules.

Best of luck.
elevatorladylevitateme