Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4559442 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #6875
1) the text on the left hand side is defined by your windows theme. all the text that comes just to the right of Playing: can be customised to any colour using the $rgb function. look at file>preferences>display>columns UI>status bar>title format script.

2) not possible.

Thanks a lot for your quick answer.

1. No, it doesn't, my windows theme has the text color some yellow-ish, while that text is still black. There's no black text whatsoever in my windows theme. How do I upload a screenshot on this forum?
And about the text to the right of "Playing", the default color should be taken from the system as well. Having an rgb function is handy, but the default black color is hard-coded too.

2. That's down right unnatural, foobar's main feature is that it's highly customizable. I like my volume slider up top in the toolbar, right besides the control buttons. Now I have two sliders. No big deal really, but still ... why hard-coding something like that?

So, I ended up using the status _bar_ , not the status _pane_. That one is not usable for me, as the text is hardly visible on dark background.

Columns UI

Reply #6876
Just noticed the "abandonware" in the title of the thread and also that the last update of "Columns UI" was on February 2011. That's more than 3 years ago. So it looks like I'm barking at the wrong tree, there's no chance for these issues to get fixed. And any other, for that matter. That's sad

Columns UI

Reply #6877
1. No, it doesn't, my windows theme has the text color some yellow-ish, while that text is still black. There's no black text whatsoever in my windows theme.

ah, ok then. sorry about that. at least you have the option to remove it.

Columns UI

Reply #6878
I was clearing out my hard drive, and came across some Columns UI code.

So I stuck it on GitHub:
https://github.com/msquared2/columns_ui

All dependencies needed to compile the code is included; a VS2013 solution is in foobar2000/vc12.

Columns UI and related libraries are released under an LGPL licence.

Let me know if you'd like to be added as a collaborator on GitHub. (A good first task would be getting it up-to-date with the latest foobar2000 SDK...)

Columns UI

Reply #6879
We're glad to know you're alive.

Columns UI

Reply #6880
^indeed. 

i have a few suggestions if anyone takes this over:

as the .fcl importing/exporting feature is incomplete, it might be easier to remove the dialog than it is to fix it. since foobar v1, people can just share the entire .cfg file instead.
remove the artwork tab as it seems redundant now we have more advanced preferences in foobar v1 and above.
perhaps fix the item details panel so it can display entire fields that may be excluded due to LargeFieldsConfig.txt in foobar v1.3 and above.

Columns UI

Reply #6881
as the .fcl importing/exporting feature is incomplete, it might be easier to remove the dialog than it is to fix it. since foobar v1, people can just share the entire .cfg file instead.
It's not quite that simple, as the export mechanisms will do things like embed custom button images. FCL doesn't require restarting foobar2000 (as long as the panels used handle imports properly anyway), and there are command-line commands for imports (i.e. file associations possible).

I may spend a bit of time tidying up the code and adding some documentation. There are about ~65k lines of code, written over several years and largely undocumented...

Columns UI

Reply #6882
^fair point. IIRC, my main issue with .fcl files was that not all native CUI settings are exported/imported - one example being NG playlist grouping settings. i think there were a few other little things but i'm struggling to remember now. i think all 3rd party panel settings were fine.

good luck with the documentation. 

Columns UI

Reply #6883
Got rid of the [seemingly abandonware] tag. Probably not the most truthful after a fresh open-sourcing.

Thank you very much for the release, musicmusic.

Columns UI

Reply #6884
Welcome back musicmusic!

I'm really glad to see you're doing well.

Also thanks for releasing you're code.

Cheers.

Alessandro

Columns UI

Reply #6885
Wow! Welcome back musicmusic, thank you for Columns UI!

Columns UI

Reply #6886
^fair point. IIRC, my main issue with .fcl files was that not all native CUI settings are exported/imported - one example being NG playlist grouping settings. i think there were a few other little things but i'm struggling to remember now. i think all 3rd party panel settings were fine.
The lack of grouping settings sounds like an oversight on my part. TBH I could probably add groups to the export fairly easily. One thing the FCL mechanism does lack is obtaining required components in a more automated fashion (I won't tackle that one...)

good luck with the documentation. 
It definitely needs more documentation

Thank you very much for the release, musicmusic.

Also thanks for releasing you're code.

Wow! Welcome back musicmusic, thank you for Columns UI!
I was a bit late in releasing it, but no problem.

Columns UI

Reply #6888
i'm glad you're back.
i've been faithful to you always! 
more or less, minus is best

Columns UI

Reply #6889
Good to see that you're still alive, musicmusic. Let's hope there is someone skilled enough to take over your baby. Columns has been my UI since its release and it would be horrible if it were to vanish.

Columns UI

Reply #6890
While you're here , any hope for foo_dop?

I appreciate fighthing against Apple must be quite frustrating, but there's nothing like you're plugin out there.

Alessandro

Columns UI

Reply #6891
welcome back musicmusic

i'm glad you're back.
i've been faithful to you always! 
Thanks

Good to see that you're still alive, musicmusic. Let's hope there is someone skilled enough to take over your baby. Columns has been my UI since its release and it would be horrible if it were to vanish.
Good to hear from you Case. It would be a shame if it died, but it has better odds of survival now the code's out

While you're here , any hope for foo_dop?

I appreciate fighthing against Apple must be quite frustrating, but there's nothing like you're plugin out there.

Alessandro
In relation to releasing the source code:
One major problem is some of the cryptography code used came from someone else and I was asked not to release it. Ignoring that, I don't think I'm particularly comfortable with publicly releasing it anyway.

In relation to supporting new iOS versions:
It's an awful lot of work. The syncing method completely changed so it would need a lot of new code. Hence, it's very unlikely I'll do it.

Sorry that they aren't likely to be the answers you were hoping for

Columns UI

Reply #6892
Sorry that they aren't likely to be the answers you were hoping for
Don't worry, my hopes weren't much high.

Oh well, guess it's time to bite the bullet and install iTunes.

Regards.

Alessandro

Columns UI

Reply #6893
Good to have you back musicmusic.
Most people thought that something bad happened to you. (those "you are alive!" comments are not hyperbolic in nature)

Columns UI

Reply #6894

So I stuck it on GitHub:

All dependencies needed to compile the code is included; a VS2013 solution is in foobar2000/vc12.

Let me know if you'd like to be added as a collaborator on GitHub. (A good first task would be getting it up-to-date with the latest foobar2000 SDK...)

Holy crap, I didn't think I'd see you post again. It's awesome that you've released the source for the project, I'm sure there will be some people eager to take it on.

Columns UI

Reply #6895
Kudos for open sourcing Columns UI! I've seen doing such really breathe live into projects before: example Dolphin-Emu was dead until it went open source now it has dozens of contributors in its repository.

Columns UI

Reply #6896

So I stuck it on GitHub:

This is the best surprise ive gotten in a long time. Ive started using CUI since 2012 and now I can finally thank you for it. Lets hope someone picks up development for this!

Columns UI

Reply #6897
Welcome back, musicmusic. Thanks for the public release of Columns UI!

Columns UI

Reply #6898
One quick question about columns ui filters.

Is it possible for filter to list items in alphabetical order, but to ignore 'The', 'A', 'An',...? Exactly as facets do?

Something like this...

Porcupine Tree
Prince
The Prodigy
Propellerheads
The Psychedelic Furs
Pulp

But not 'Prodigy, The', or just 'Prodigy' to be listed. So, prefixes are ignored in actual sorting, but they are displayed normally.

Columns UI

Reply #6899
^ The list is sorted based on what you see.