Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: standalone portable recorder (Read 1556 times) previous topic - next topic

standalone portable recorder

Looking for a nice solid state recorder, may have its own mics, must have at least two xlr inputs. Do they have some sort of tc generator i can record to dslr track as well? (for automagic sincronization in software later?)

Basicaly a rig will consist of canon 7d (used as video camera), tripod or steadycam, and this thingy that i cant even imagien yet.

maybe http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/6007...le_4_Track.html ?

Practically field tested suggestion are welcome, if you have to guess, please skip this one.
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

standalone portable recorder

Reply #1
I worked on a project where we used the Zoom H4n and (IIRC) a Tascam DR-100. Both seemed to work fine.

One slight annoyance with the Zoom is that it has clicky buttons for adjusting volume and if you use them during recording it will be heard on the recording. But otherwise it's a very popular recorder, used often for video.