Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_single_column_playlist (Read 735992 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_single_column_playlist

Reply #175
If any of you have glass.png laying around from russell's home stereo display I dicovered that it makes a nice effect for selected items under this component:
Code: [Select]
$if(%_selected%,$imageabs(0,0,images\glass.png,))

Reply #177
Unfortunately there are no transparency/alpha levels available for the image function, however due to the nature of the transparent gradient image all you gotta do is shift it vertically to achieve the same effect. I found this to work nicely:

$if(%_selected%,$imageabs(0,-10,images\glass.png,))

Thanks for the suggestion FofR it looks much nicer now

Reply #178
I think I've found a bug, but I'm not sure if this was posted already..

If you switch Edge-Style to "none", you can't change the Row height. Nice Component, though. I really like it. Go on like this!

Reply #179
Is there any way to have the albums sort themselves by artist, and then by date (if available), and then album title?

Also, non-global hotkeys still won't work for me with this plugin. It seems a few other people have the same problem, but not everyone, anyone have any idea why?

Reply #180
I think I've found a bug, but I'm not sure if this was posted already..

If you switch Edge-Style to "none", you can't change the Row height. Nice Component, though. I really like it. Go on like this!

Mmm, I think you can. But thing is, you have to apply the row height then move foobar around. Try stetching it and it should change. Kind of annoying but it works.

Reply #181
@Earthworm, usually I restarted foobar after changing row height.. it works.

Is there any way to have the albums sort themselves by artist, and then by date (if available), and then album title?

Also, non-global hotkeys still won't work for me with this plugin. It seems a few other people have the same problem, but not everyone, anyone have any idea why?

try this:
%artist%$num(%date%,4)%disc%%album%$num(%tracknumber%,2))|%_path%

put it in pref > general > sort incoming files by:

Reply #182
I can change my row height and click either Apply or OK and the changes are immediately apparent without foobar so much as skipping a beat of the music. However, as mentioned previously regarding the flickering bug I am still using the August 30th version of this plugin. Can anyone verify if the row height bug is restricted to the newer release?

Reply #183
try this:
%artist%$num(%date%,4)%disc%%album%$num(%tracknumber%,2))|%_path%

put it in pref > general > sort incoming files by:

That seems to do the trick when manually adding directories, but not when getting tracks from the album list, which is how I usually get them.

Reply #185
FEATURE REQUEST: I would like to request that this component add a field where we can enter a custom sort string, and then I would like for the component to automatically apply that sort any time the playlist changes.

I use a playlist for online radio stations that I routinely add and remove entries from and there simply is no way to auto-sort this list.  I think that if this component were to implement it's own sorting then it would solve not only your issue but mine as well.

Reply #187
How do I make my text have a big left margin (for album art etc)?

If I use padding it pads on the right too and looks ridiculous.

This is what I have at the moment:

Suggestions for cleaning things up?
hi

Reply #188
^^ woah, looking good. Mind posting the code for it?

Reply #189
Not until I make it useable.

How do you detect if there is cover available/the image exists?

Else there's ridiculous looking gaps?
hi

Reply #190
Not until I make it useable.

How do you detect if there is cover available/the image exists?

Else there's ridiculous looking gaps?

You could draw a no cover image first and then draw the album art after (on top), so if there's no album art, then the no cover image should just display.

I think that would work...

Reply #191
Woo.

I'll try it.

Any ideas on the old padding issue?
hi

Reply #192
Tool:

If you use $alignabs() functions before each chunk of text it should be a simple matter to adjust the horizontal values by a constant amount to create the left margin without affecting the right.  You can also apply that constant amount to your $drawrect() functions so that the margin also applies to background coloring and selection bars.

I dont know how practical this approach would be with your code but that's how I'd go about it.

Reply #193
Woo.

I'll try it.

Any ideas on the old padding issue?

I'm not too sure but couldn't you add the left aligned text last, meaning under the right aligned text in your code so that way the left aligned text would be the only thing padded.. I'm not sure if that's possible, but you get my meaning? Sorry if I sounded ignorant there, I'm not too good with code.

Reply #194
I'll give it a go.

e: Arrrgh it seem sso much work. Maybe give it another go tomorrow.

Anyhow, I've been playing and made a no-art thing.

The shineyness is overlayed on all art, btw.

Is there any way I can wrap text in that left column?

EDIT: I worked out how to use alignabs properly, and thus made:

/cheers
hi

Reply #195
I'll give it a go.

e: Arrrgh it seem sso much work. Maybe give it another go tomorrow.

Anyhow, I've been playing and made a no-art thing.

The shineyness is overlayed on all art, btw.

EDIT: I worked out how to use alignabs properly, and thus made:

/cheers

Simply beautiful! But if i understand it correctly you had to manualy resize all the images in order to fit
the borders?
Favourite artist:CD-R
Favourite album:700MB

Reply #196

I'm still learning this whole scripting thing and I'm not great at it yet, so this might not be useful advice, but can't you use $alignabs() on the names of the artists/albums etc, and then make the bounding rectangle short enough that it fits under the album art and high enough that it can fit three lines or so, while aligning the text at the top left of that rectangle?

Man that's a long sentence, I hope it helps. I don't think that allows you to make it so that the line underneath moves down if necessary, though that would be nice, but perhaps it's a start.

Reply #197
Yeah I think I'll try alignabsing that text on ze left.

Simply beautiful! But if i understand it correctly you had to manualy resize all the images in order to fit
the borders?

Indeed, did a batch job in irfanview!
hi

Reply #198
What did tool++ is just amazing but i dont really want to copy all my covers. I have already done it for Rockbox, and two copies of my covers is enough for me.
I hope one day we will be able to give fullpath for images

Congrats to terrestrial for his plugin and to all of you for giving life to it.

Reply #199
Indeed, did a batch job in irfanview!

Does IrfanView create the PNG required as well? How about the problem of moving the files to relative paths?
I really want to implement this but the hassle of configuring my music collection is forcing me to wait.

Also this component really doesn't like auto hide