Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC or MediaMonkey? (Read 5169 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC or MediaMonkey?

Hi i have a quick question i want to archive some of my cd box sets for high quality back ups would i use MediaMonkey ripping using flac or EAC?I hope someone can help me out thanks

EAC or MediaMonkey?

Reply #1
Hi i have a quick question i want to archive some of my cd box sets for high quality back ups would i use MediaMonkey ripping using flac or EAC?I hope someone can help me out thanks

I never used Media monkey to rip CDs, so i guess i can just say it would depend on whether or not it supports Accuraterip and secure ripping.

Whichever program you end up using, i suggest you look up tutorials (maybe other members here can recommend some?) on how to configure it to make sure it's right. It's not fun to rip half your collection then realize you've done something wrong.

Personally, i use EAC and this guide.

EAC or MediaMonkey?

Reply #2
Media Monkey does support  AccurateRip, though I've read some people say it's been polluted by virtual drives. I used EAC but lately I have been loving CueRipper. It has the MediaMonkey codec APE so you can rip your CDs to that and compress them a bit more than with FLAC or WavPack, though I believe decompression times are worse with APE. But for storage only you get slightly better compression.

EAC or MediaMonkey?

Reply #3
Media Monkey does support  AccurateRip, though I've read some people say it's been polluted by virtual drives.
I shall leave it to other users to comment on the claim about pollution of ARDB, but it should be noted that such a problem would affect all AR-using applications and would by no means be exclusive to MediaMonkey, as this quote might be interpreted as implying.

I used EAC but lately I have been loving CueRipper. It has the MediaMonkey codec APE so you can rip your CDs to that and compress them a bit more than with FLAC or WavPack, though I believe decompression times are worse with APE. But for storage only you get slightly better compression.
Another thing that should be noted is that Monkey’s Audio (a.k.a. APE) is, analogously to the above, standalone and not specifically related to MediaMonkey.