Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Burning 24/96 FLAC to DVD-V? (Read 11294 times) previous topic - next topic

Burning 24/96 FLAC to DVD-V?

What's the best method to burn 24/96 FLAC to DVD-V?

I don't want a DVD-A because I don't have a compatible DVD-A player.

I have done a search on the forum and one thread refers me to this website
http://24bit.turtleside.com/

From that website, it seems that Lplex is the only free option to do it.

So is Lplex the best solution?

Reply #1
Try it.  Quality shouldn't be an issue if it doesn't alter the audio data.  All it's doing is creating a blank video with an LPCM track.

Reply #2
Try it.  Quality shouldn't be an issue if it doesn't alter the audio data.  All it's doing is creating a blank video with an LPCM track.

Just a question before I try it, if I drop 10 FLAC files into the program, after burning the .iso file, will the resultant DVD have the track indexes? E.g. I can jump straight to track 5.

Or will it be just a long music file, e.g. I will need to fast forward to track 5 like cassette tapes?

Reply #3
Never mind the previous question, just tried the software.

It can do both titles and chapters, very useful!

Reply #4
sorry can you clarify the difference between dvd-a and dvd-v?  is it just in how the material is written or is there an actual difference in the disc?  thanks.

Reply #6
What's the best method to burn 24/96 FLAC to DVD-V?

I don't want a DVD-A because I don't have a compatible DVD-A player.

I have done a search on the forum and one thread refers me to this website
http://24bit.turtleside.com/

From that website, it seems that Lplex is the only free option to do it.

So is Lplex the best solution?

Step by Step Guide to Burn 24-bit/48kHz FLAC to DVD Audio, 24-bit /96 kHz FLAC to DVD-A, 24-bit /192 kHz FLAC to music DVD at FLAC to DVD Audio Solution

Reply #7

Welcome. You have likely started using the search function to look for already-answered questions rather than asking them anew - that is generally much approved upon. Beware though, that this forum has a fairly long archive. If you do not glance at the dates, it means that not only do you risk picking up ten years old answers which are obsolete by now - you may also risk posting in threads which have been inactive for so long that the original poster will not benefit from your reply, and that is maybe not the best use of your valuable time :-)