Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FB2K basic customization (Read 1899 times) previous topic - next topic

FB2K basic customization

Hi,

I'm new to FB2K and have some difficulties to get what I want.
To begin with, here's the layout I made. It's simple, efficient, quite exactly what I need and mostly inspired by my former winamp layout:

Now, here's where I'm blocked (I did intensive research, found almost outdated info)
1. how can I change titlebar/toolbars/elevators/borders/searchbar etc.... colors to match the vintage theme I made with CUI ? (please do not tell me to theme windows, that's irrelevant)
2. how can I add a text/an image to the empty artowrk panel (upper left) ?
3. how can I change toolbars buttons/volume/seekbar image and replace the playback dropdown list with a simple repeat/repeat-one/no-repeat button ? (sure there's neat scripting behind this)
4. how can I fix/prevent resizing of FB2K window ?

I know all of those points can be done, but I didn't find how they can.

Thanks for your help !

FB2K basic customization

Reply #1
1. how can I change titlebar/toolbars/elevators/borders/searchbar etc.... colors to match the vintage theme I made with CUI ? (please do not tell me to theme windows, that's irrelevant)
2. how can I add a text/an image to the empty artowrk panel (upper left) ?
3. how can I change toolbars buttons/volume/seekbar image and replace the playback dropdown list with a simple repeat/repeat-one/no-repeat button ? (sure there's neat scripting behind this)
4. how can I fix/prevent resizing of FB2K window ?

FAQs but since I've been wasting time with foobar recently including those:
1. Don't tell me? I won't then :-). Borders: panel stack splitter (PSS). Scrollbars - hide or partially hide with PSS, use different playlist: WSH panel mod or EPLaylist.
2. What do you mean by "empty artwork panel": empty panel full stop, custom text only when there's no image, custom cover and text? Stock answer: PSS or WSH panel mod scripts.
3. Buttons: CUI, PSS or WSH panel mod, Volume and seekbar - WSH panel mod (marc2000 has some scripts), playback dropdown list - I don't know, maybe PSS, if not WSH panel mod(?)
4. !Banned and not recommended! component that starts with h and rhymes with bucks, you can use it !at your own risk! also to remove title bar and replace it with PSS or WSH panel mod scripts. You lose the right to complain if something doesn't work.

FB2K basic customization

Reply #2
FAQs but since I've been wasting time with foobar recently including those:

I've read some FAQ, some with lots of 404 links, some without anything interesting.
Could you please point me to this FAQ ?

1. Don't tell me? I won't then :-). Borders: panel stack splitter (PSS). Scrollbars - hide or partially hide with PSS, use different playlist: WSH panel mod or EPLaylist.
2. What do you mean by "empty artwork panel": empty panel full stop, custom text only when there's no image, custom cover and text? Stock answer: PSS or WSH panel mod scripts.
3. Buttons: CUI, PSS or WSH panel mod, Volume and seekbar - WSH panel mod (marc2000 has some scripts), playback dropdown list - I don't know, maybe PSS, if not WSH panel mod(?)

OK, thanks a lot for those trails. I'll dig on PSS and WSH 
About artwork panel, I mean to display something (text or image) when there's nothing displayed in there.

4. !Banned and not recommended! component that starts with h and rhymes with bucks, you can use it !at your own risk! also to remove title bar and replace it with PSS or WSH panel mod scripts. You lose the right to complain if something doesn't work.

Oops, let's forget this then. I'll try to fix certain panels ratios instead.

Thank you !

FB2K basic customization

Reply #3
file>preferences>display>album art>front cover>stub image path

that lets you set an image to be displayed when there is no art for the current track.

FB2K basic customization

Reply #4
Damn, that was so simple.
Thank you !