Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: bitrate and elapsed time displayed 0.7.4b2 (Read 3595 times) previous topic - next topic

bitrate and elapsed time displayed 0.7.4b2

Using foobar2000 0.7.4b2.

The updated foo_input_std.dll has caused the bitrate display of the http stream to disappear.  It does not show up in the status bar.  I replaced the newer one 0.7.4b2 with an older version 0.7.3a and the bitrate display came back. 

The elapsed time counter of the new and old version from 0.7.3a (foo_input_std.dll) has stopped working.

I have not changed any configurations in foobar.  I just copy the select few files that I use and write over the older ones.

I found which dll was doing it by trial and error.

Can anyone confirm this??  Or did I bonk something by accident.

Reply #1
where do u find that foobar2000 0.7.4b2?
la vie est faite de morceaux qui ne se joignent pas.

Reply #2

Here

Reply #3

Where you find all the good stuff: Case's site

Reply #4
Updated foobar2000 0.7.4b3

Thank you, it now shows the bit rate of the stream.

The elapsed time is stuck on 0:00.

I use foobar2000 to listen to online music.  I just noticed that last night the bitrate of the stream was missing and the elapsed time was stuck at 0:00.  (0.7.4b2)

Not a critical problem.

I also noticed that foobar2000 is loading considerably faster than it had been.  Are there more optimizations being used?  I have an old machine that I use to experiment with.  It is an amd k6/2 at 333mhz with win98se and 256mb ram.  It is not the fastest thing I have but foobar is definately loading faster than it had been

Start up times on the console are down to high 200 to low 300 ms.  Previously this was in the high 600 to low 700ms.

Nice job.  Thank You.

edit grammer and tried to make it clearer.

Reply #5
Length is now frozen when it reaches the length of the file. Streams have a length of zero.

The reason for this change is to satisfy the complaints in this topic. It may or may not be here to stay. Feel free to lodge complaints there. Perhaps tell some people to fix their scripts to deal with the possibility of elapsed time exceeding the length of the file.

Reply #6
Length is now frozen when it reaches the length of the file. Streams have a length of zero.

Bad idea

I used to have: $puts(time,$if2(-%_time_remaining%,%_time_elapsed%)), to show remaining time for normal files and playback time for streams, but there seems to be no way to make it work now... Problems with elapsed time exceeding length would be at least fixable...

Reply #7
Thanks kode54 and Messer

OK thanks for the heads up.  I can live with that.

Reply #8
Thank You

Foobar2000 0.7.4 beta 4 both issues fixed.  Stream bitrate shown and elapsed time working.

Thank You