Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New tool: React - [Run EAC Tasks] (Read 288342 times) previous topic - next topic

New tool: React - [Run EAC Tasks]

Reply #475
You are tagging the FLAC image with "ARTIST=@artist@".  foobar will use this over the cuesheet entries.  I would use "ARTIST=@cdartist@", or leave it (and the other tags) off altogether and let the cuesheet do the work.

As I posted a little way back, EAC will pass the track 2 artist as @artist@ for an image for some reason.

It's possible you got this from my config (can't remember what I use) but I'm afraid I have so few VA albums, and my image is for archive only, I haven't noticed this issue.  Sorry for the confusion if so.

Edit: I see I am actually using -w "ARTIST=@cdartist@".  This would still cause problems with foobar 0.9 it seems, but as I say, I've never seen this issue as I just archive the image.  It seems the most sensible move would be to just not set that tag at all, or even use a different command depending whether the album is VA, e.g.:

Code: [Select]
IF [@cdartist@] EQU [Various] (
  @encdir@\TAG.EXE -t  "ALBUM=@album@" -t "YEAR=@year@" -t "GENRE=@genre@" -t  "COMMENT=@comment@" -t "FREEDB=@freedbid@" -t "CRC=@crc@" -f  "CUESHEET=@cuesheet@" -f "EACLOG=@eaclog@" "@image@"
) ELSE (
  @encdir@\TAG.EXE -t "ARTIST=@artist@" -t  "ALBUM=@album@" -t "YEAR=@year@" -t "GENRE=@genre@" -t  "COMMENT=@comment@" -t "FREEDB=@freedbid@" -t "CRC=@crc@" -f  "CUESHEET=@cuesheet@" -f "EACLOG=@eaclog@" "@image@"
)
I'm on a horse.

Reply #476
This is over my head but I'm really trying to learn. What would this address? It seems like it would would use the Artist field and make CD Artist the same if it is not a Various. Would you not use the Basename for comparison? Since it looks like Basename is taken from the .wav, would this change the need for $artist$" to start the  ImageNaming string? Would changing the $artist$ introduce a loop? I only see $artist$ used later in the "Disc info" line and it seems that would be easier to change using your first example.
I really shouldn't worry about the code behind REACT as yet.  I shouldn't have posted that in my reply to you really, but I was just using the opportunity to conclude some previous work.

You're right, if the CD is not VA @artist@ and @cdartist@ will be the same, but that does make sense.  $CmdLine[2] is basically "<basename>.wav" so is virtually the same.  Using this code you'd still need to begin your image with $artist$ - as far as I can see that is the only way at the moment to check for VA albums.  Take t from me, the code is sound as it is - it is basically tycho's original, but checking for "Various" instead of "Various -".
I'm on a horse.

Reply #477
Synthetic Soul,
Thanks for all your input, patience, and help. I really do appreciate it. I've just been trying to work out the last few kinks in my naming configurations and tags. I certainly didn't mean to imply there were problems with Tycho's work, I was just trying to follow the logic in the code. REACT is a huge time saver and greatly appreciated. I'll try your tagging suggestions and maybe leave everything off and let foo use the cue sheet. I also want to try and find a Tag.exe and lame.exe comand line soIution in my config file. It seems like foo is getting all the info, it's just showing up in different places with the different versions of the track. I may just end up using REACT for the FLAC image and cue and then use foo to convert to mp3 and tag then.
Thanks for everything. Hopefully I won't have too many more questions.
Guinness Is Good For You!

Reply #478
Your questions are welcome, as is your interest in the source - I just always like to go one step at a time. 

If you are happy to not embed the cuesheet and use foobar to create your MP3s then that's great.  However I would say that you are very close to doing what you originally intended.  I believe the config below would do the basics:

!Description=FLAC -5 image with -V3 new MP3
!ImageExt=flac
!CuesheetExt=flac.cue
!WaveGainAnalysis=1
!destdir1=@musicdir@\FLAC -5\$cdartist$
!destdir2=@musicdir@\MP3 -V3 new\$cdartist$\($year$) - $album$
!destdir3=@musicdir@\Logs

@encdir@\FLAC.EXE -5 -f --replay-gain "@source@" -o "@image@"
@encdir@\TAG.EXE -f "CUESHEET=@cuesheet@" -f "EACLOG=@eaclog@" "@image@"
SET trackName=$n - $~t
IF "$cdartist$"=="Various" SET trackName=$n - $~t ^($~a^)
@encdir@\ACDIR.EXE --overwrite --output "@destdir2@\%trackName%.mp3" --pipe "@encdir@\LAME.EXE -V3 --vbr-new --scale @scale@ --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --ta $#a --tl $#T --tt $#t --tn $#n --ty $#r{DATE} --tg $#r{GENRE} --tc $qAG applied: @gain@$q - $#o" "@sourcecuesheet@"
DEL "@source@"
MOVE "@eaclog@" "@destdir3@"
MOVE "@sourcedir@\@basename@.*" "@destdir1@"
@encdir@\CREATE-M3U.BAT "@destdir2@" "$cdartist$ - ($year$) - $album$"

Edit:  Here's a better (read "working" version of CREAT-M3U.BAT also:

@ECHO OFF
CLS

REM CREATE-M3U.BAT Written by Neil Popham, 2005 (neilpopham@bigfoot.com)

SET batchname=CREATE-M3U.BAT
SET version=1.1.0
TITLE=%batchname%, Version %version%

REM Set the name of the playlist to create in each folder
IF [%2] EQU [] (SET playlist=playlist.m3u) ELSE (SET playlist="%~2.m3u")
REM Create list of valid file extensions
SET validExtn=.mp3.mp2.mp1.mpc.mp+.mpp.ogg.aac.mac.ape.flac.fla.wv.shn.ofr.ofs.ogg.m4a.mp4

REM Add another delimiter to the end so I can search for .<ext>.
SET validExtn=%validExtn%.

REM Check a folder has been passed
IF NOT EXIST %1 GOTO NoParams
IF %~z1 GTR 0 GOTO NoParams

REM Remove all existing "playlist.m3u" files otherwise files will be appended
FOR /R %1 %%G IN (%playlist%) DO IF EXIST %%G DEL "%%G"

REM Iterate through every file and pass the path to :WriteToPlayList
FOR /R %1 %%G IN (*.*) DO CALL :WriteToPlayList "%%G" %playlist%

GOTO:EOF

REM ======================================================================
REM WriteToPlayList : Adds the file to the playlist, if the extension fits
REM : %1 The file to process
REM ======================================================================
:WriteToPlayList
REM Check that the file extension is valid
SET extn=%~x1
IF [%extn%] EQU [] GOTO:EOF
SET tmpExtn=%validExtn%
CALL SET result=%%tmpExtn:%extn%.=%%
REM If no match found in list of extensions exit function
IF [%result%] EQU [%validExtn%] GOTO:EOF
REM Escape ampersand and caret
SET tmpString="%~nx1"
SET tmpString=%tmpString:^=^^%
SET tmpString=%tmpString:&=^^^&%
REM Remove quotes
SET tmpString=%tmpString:"=%
REM Write filename to playlist
ECHO %tmpString%>>"%~dp1\%~2"

REM =======================================
REM NoParams : a folder has not been passed
REM =======================================
:NoParams
ECHO To run this script, please pass a folder as a parameter.
ECHO.
ECHO Press any key to exit
PAUSE >NUL

REM ===============
REM Version History
REM ===============
REM 1.0.0    ----------    Initial Version
REM 1.1.0    2006-11-01    Fixed bug when hypens used.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #479
Thanks,

I'll give this a try tonight. I must have missed your earlier post about EAC being the cause of the 2nd track artist listed for the whole album. That explains it. As for foobar, I was just thinking that if I need it to rewrite the metadata anyway to fix the track 2 info, then I may just do a batch FLAC to mp3 conversion and metadata rewrite [or have the metadata taken from the cue sheet as per your suggestion] at the same time. It would save me a little time ripping the CD in REACT and I could just walk away during long foobar sessions.

BTW, once I get this going, my next quest is to fully understand your .bat file. But I'll save that quest [and questions] for the future.

Thanks for all your time.

EDIT: Now that I think about it. I don't have that many VA albums. I guess I can just fix the metadata for this in foobar after the fact and get on with it.
Guinness Is Good For You!

Reply #480
Problems Ripping to FLAC images and gapless MP3 (For use on a Rockbox ipod)

I would appreciate any help. I have read through this thread and the WIKI and I am still struggling.

Am I correct in expecting REACT using the attached config and ini files to give me both FLAC images and MP3 files when I press F10?

REACT.ini

[Settings]
Config=FLAC_MP3
Version=1.0
EAC=C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\EAC.exe
musicdir=C:\
encdir=C:\Program Files\REACT\Encoders
LogFile=
CodePage=1252
MinimizeCompressionWindow=0
ProcessPriority=1
TracksHotKey={F4}
TracksHotVal=+{F5}
SaveTracksCuesheets=0
ImageHotKey={F10}
ImageNaming=$artist$ - $album$
Sla_Bks_Col_Qst_Bar_Quo_Ast_Lt_Gt=-|-|-||!|'|#|[|]
Debug=1

FLAC_MP3-tracks.txt

!Description=Tagged FLAC and mp3 files with RG album and track tags

!destdir1=@musicdir@\My Music FLAC Images\$cdartist$ - $album$
!dest1=@musicdir@\My Music MP3\$cdartist$ - $album$\$track$ - $title$
!Various-dest1=@musicdir@\My Music MP3\$cdartist$ - $album$\$track$ - $title$ ($artist$)

!destdir2=@musicdir@\My Music MP3\$cdartist$ - $album$\$track$ - $title$

echo.> "@dest1@.tmp"
@encdir@\Tag.exe --nocheck -t "ARTIST=@artist@" -t "ALBUM=@album@" -t "TRACK=@track@" -t "TITLE=@title@" -t "YEAR=@year@" -t "GENRE=@genre@" -t "TOTALTRACKS=@numtracks@" -t "FREEDB=@freedbid@" -t "CRC=@crc@" "@dest1@.tmp"
move "@source@" "@dest1@.wav"

if @islast@==1 (
  move "@eaclog@" "@destdir1@\eaclog.txt"
  move "@trackscuesheet@.
  • .cue" "@destdir1@"
      cd /d "@destdir1@"
      @encdir@\Glob.exe -v -c @encdir@\flac.exe -f -5 --replay-gain *.wav
      echo @encdir@\Tag.exe --fromfile "%%INPUT_NAME%%.tmp" "%%INPUT_NAME%%.flac" > encode.bat
      echo @encdir@\lame.exe -V5 --vbr-new --nogap --scale %%ALBUM_SCALE%% --tc "AG appl:%%ALBUM_GAIN%%,TG:%%TRACK_GAIN%% dB" "%%INPUT_NAME%%.wav" "@destdir2@\%%INPUT_NAME%%.mp3" >> encode.bat
      echo @encdir@\Tag.exe --fromfile "%%INPUT_NAME%%.tmp" "@destdir2@\%%INPUT_NAME%%.mp3" >> encode.bat
      echo del "%%INPUT_NAME%%.wav" "%%INPUT_NAME%%.tmp" >> encode.bat
      @encdir@\WaveGain.exe -a *.wav --exec call encode.bat
      del encode.bat
    )

FLAC_MP3-image.txt

!Description=FLAC -5 image with -V5 new MP3
    !ImageExt=flac
    !CuesheetExt=flac.cue
    !WaveGainAnalysis=1
    !destdir1=@musicdir@\My Music FLAC Images\$cdartist$ - $album$
    !destdir2=@musicdir@\My Music MP3\$cdartist$ - $album$
    !destdir3=@musicdir@\Ripping Logs

@encdir@\FLAC.EXE -5 -f --replay-gain "@source@" -o "@image@"
    @encdir@\TAG.EXE -f "CUESHEET=@cuesheet@" -f "EACLOG=@eaclog@" "@image@"
    SET trackName=$n - $~t
    IF "$cdartist$"=="Various" SET trackName=$n - $~t ^($~a^)
    @encdir@\ACDIR.EXE --overwrite --output "@destdir2@\%trackName%.mp3" --pipe "@encdir@\LAME.EXE -V5 --vbr-new --scale @scale@ --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --ta $#a --tl $#T --tt $#t --tn $#n --ty $#r{DATE} --tg $#r{GENRE} --tc $qAG applied: @gain@$q - $#o" "@sourcecuesheet@"
    DEL "@source@"
    MOVE "@eaclog@" "@destdir3@"

At the moment I get only FLAC and cue  files in the following folder:

c:\My Music FLAC images\Artist - Album\ - Which I want. :-)

but I only get these files in a folder called C:\My Music MP3\Artist-Album\

01 - track name  (a folder)
    02 - track name (a folder)
    01 - track name.tmp
    02 - track name.tmp
    01 - track name.wav
    02 - track name.wav

The directory is correct but no mp3's.

Where am I going wrong? (I have removed the album art lookup on purpose, I scan my own).

Thanks

Biggy

Reply #481
If you want FLAC image with MP3 tracks only FLAC_MP3-image.txt is relevant.  Use F10 to start, and it should do what you want.  It does for me (tested).
I'm on a horse.

Reply #482
Some questions from a REACT novice.  I have read the forums and I think I have a decent configuration but have some questions.  I am using REACT to rip flac tracks and lame.  I am also trying to add album art to both album folders.  Below is my code.  This works 95% of the time but there are occasions when eac copies wav files and none of the encoding initiates.  I cannot find the common denominator of these events and usually, I just rip again and everything is fine.  Is there something wrong with my code?  Is there a better way to do this?

Also, are there advantages to ripping flac images? I want to be able to play flac files at home on a stereo and play mp3 at work and with a portable player.  I thought that becuase I am interested in being able to play flac tracks, it would be easier just to create these.  Is this correct.  I really appreciate the effort that goes into a project like this and the time that advanced users have given to share their knowledge. 

React.ini
[Settings]
Config=FLAC_MP3
Version=1.0
EAC=C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\eac.exe -usefua
musicdir=E:\Temporary Music
LogFile=
CodePage=1252
MinimizeCompressionWindow=1
ProcessPriority=1
TracksHotKey={F4}
TracksHotVal=+{F5}
SaveTracksCuesheets=0
ImageHotKey={F10}
ImageNaming=$artist$ - ($year$) $album$
Debug=0

Config
[FLAC_MP3-tracksif not "@track@"=="@numtracks@" goto end]
!Description=Tagged flac and mp3 files with RG album and track tags

!destdir1=@musicdir@\FLAC\$cdartist$\$album$
!dest1=@destdir1@\$track$ - $title$
!Various-dest1=@destdir1@\$track$ - $title$ ($artist$)

!destdir2=@musicdir@\MP3\$cdartist$\$album$

echo.> "@dest1@.flac.tmp"
@encdir@\Tag.exe --nocheck --ape2 -t "ARTIST=@artist@" -t "ALBUM=@album@" -t "TRACK=@track@" -t "TITLE=@title@" -t "YEAR=@year@" -t "GENRE=@genre@" -t "TOTALTRACKS=@numtracks@" -t "FREEDB=@freedbid@" -t "CRC=@crc@" -t "ENCODEDBY=EAC + REACT" "@dest1@.flac.tmp"

if not "@track@"=="@numtracks@" goto end
if not exist "@eaclog@" goto end

move "@eaclog@" "@destdir1@\EAC_log.txt"

cd /d "@destdir1@"
@encdir@\Glob.exe -v -c @encdir@\flac.exe -f -5 --replay-gain *.wav
for %%i in (*.flac) do @encdir@\Tag.exe --fromfile "%%i.tmp" "%%i"
echo @encdir@\lame.exe -V0 --vbr-new --scale %%ALBUM_SCALE%% --tc "AG appl:%%ALBUM_GAIN%%,TG:%%TRACK_GAIN%% dB" "%%INPUT_NAME%%.wav" "@destdir2@\%%INPUT_NAME%%.mp3" >> encode.bat
echo @encdir@\Tag.exe --fromfile "%%INPUT_NAME%%.flac.tmp" "@destdir2@\%%INPUT_NAME%%.mp3" >> encode.bat
echo del "%%INPUT_NAME%%.wav" "%%INPUT_NAME%%.flac.tmp" >> encode.bat
@encdir@\WaveGain.exe -a *.wav --exec call encode.bat
del encode.bat
start @encdir@\albumart.exe "@artist@" "@album@" "@destdir1@\folder.jpg"
start @encdir@\albumart.exe "@artist@" "@album@" "@destdir2@\folder.jpg"
:end

Reply #483
If it works most of the time then there can't really be anything wrong with your config.  I suspect that this is one of those times when the log is not getting created quick enough, but that's a total guess.  You could try amending the first few lines to the code below, to see if a two second pause solves this:

echo.> "@dest1@.flac.tmp"
@encdir@\Tag.exe --nocheck --ape2 -t "ARTIST=@artist@" -t "ALBUM=@album@" -t "TRACK=@track@" -t "TITLE=@title@" -t "YEAR=@year@" -t "GENRE=@genre@" -t "TOTALTRACKS=@numtracks@" -t "FREEDB=@freedbid@" -t "CRC=@crc@" -t "ENCODEDBY=EAC + REACT" "@dest1@.flac.tmp"
PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 2000 >NUL
if not "@track@"=="@numtracks@" goto end
if not exist "@eaclog@" goto end

(notice the addition of the line beginning "PING")

With regard to tracks vs image, I dug out this thread.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #484
If you want FLAC image with MP3 tracks only FLAC_MP3-image.txt is relevant.  Use F10 to start, and it should do what you want.  It does for me (tested).

Thanks for the confirmation that I only need to use F10.

Do you mean you tested my FLAC_MP3-image.txt and it worked?
If so what versions of EAC and React are you using?

Biggy

Reply #485
Yes, I tested, and it worked fine.

I am using the latest EAC, and my amended REACT, 1.0.1.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #486
Yes, I tested, and it worked fine.

I am using the latest EAC, and my amended REACT, 1.0.1.

I appreciate your help in checking that. Is your amended REACT available for downloading, please?

Reply #487
Post #468

This will only help if yours is a various Artists issue.  I can't remember your circumstances and I'm in a rush!

Edit: Just had a quick check and my version shouldn't solve your issues.  Your symptoms look like an issue with your track config, not your image config.  Try the image config with REACT 1.0 and see.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #488
Synthetic soul,
Thanks for the help. So far so good.  I am ten for ten with the pause inserted. Just two more questions.  If I have a folder of wav files that didn't get encoded, is their a way to use react to get MP3 and flac files at the same time or am I better off just encoding twice using EAC.  Also, with my current setup, the eac log gets placed in my flac folder.  Is there a way to also copy this to my MP3 folder?  Thanks again.

Reply #489
I don't know about using REACT starting from WAVEs.

RE: Log file: try changing:

... to:
copy "@eaclog@" "@destdir2@\EAC_log.txt"
I'm on a horse.

Reply #490
First a round of thanks to tycho and Synthetic Soul for all their hard work.

What I would like to do is archive my collection in both FLAC tracks and MP3 tracks.  The original .ini files included with REACT are a great starting point for me and have worked quite well.  My concern is that the majority of my music has tracks that blend together.  While this is not a problem with FLAC, it is with MP3.  I may have the wrong forum for this question, but thought I would post it here in hopes that I can try it myself.  As we all know MP3's have gaps that most players can overcome, but my car player can not.  In the past, and with recent searches, it has been suggested the best way around this problem is to rip the CD as an image, encode the entire image as an MP3, then slice and dice it into tracks with ACDIR.  Unfortunately I do not know how to use ACDIR.  Can someone point me in a direction that will incorporate CUE sheet integration and REACT to accomplish this?

Thanks

Reply #491
In the past, and with recent searches, it has been suggested the best way around this problem is to rip the CD as an image, encode the entire image as an MP3, then slice and dice it into tracks with ACDIR.
No, you are confused.  The norm is to use ACDIR on a WAVE image to create track MP3s (which is its purpose).

If you don't want gaps on your car stereo you will need to just rip to MP3 image - the cuesheet will do you no good on your car stereo so you will essentially have one big track.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #492
No, you are confused.  The norm is to use ACDIR on a WAVE image to create track MP3s (which is its purpose).

If you don't want gaps on your car stereo you will need to just rip to MP3 image - the cuesheet will do you no good on your car stereo so you will essentially have one big track.

Thanks for the clarification.  I know that my car can not read a CUE sheet, but is there a program that can take CUE sheet input and cut up the mp3 image?  Or could you point me in a general direction?

Thank you

Reply #493
And then you're back to having track files with gaps. 

If you don't want gaps on your car stereo your only option is a single file.

If you do want to split into tracks (and therefore have gaps) you should split the WAVE image to tracks (using ACDIR), not encode the WAVE image to MP3 and then split.

NB: FYI: If you do ever need to split an MP3 using a cuesheet (never preferred over splitting a WAVE) my suggestion would be pcutmp3.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #494
Ahh, it is all starting to make sense to me now.  Thank you for your patience Synthetic Soul.  I have inquired about this for a very long time, but have had no one to actually discuss the merits of it with.  So I guess I will have to live with the clicks between tracks in the car. 
Thanks again.

I guess I'm off to rip my collection.

Reply #495
excellent programm !! took me a while to figure things out...and I tried to create my own FLAC_Lame config, which wasn't working...

But than I saw the FLAC_MP3 txt, and I was a happy man. Thx for your efforts. 

Guess, that you have to use EAC 0.95 as I had problems with earlier versions. Does anyone know, whether I can use two version of EAC on same PC ?

and another one comes to my mind: is there a way to rip two cd's from two drives in one go ?

Reply #496
REACT 2 has been released.

Please post all responses regarding version 2 to the new REACT 2 thread.

Many thanks to tycho for continuing to develop this superb ripping tool.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #497
SyntheticSoul -

After a long absence I am back!

It looks as though things have changed quite a bit in the months since I've been gone, and I wanted to know if any substantive changes have been made since you gave me your last bit of brilliance for my FLAC/MP3 setup.

Here's what you gave me previously, around Post #299: SS Files

react.ini (C:\Program Files\REACT\react.ini)

[Settings]
Config=FLAC-MP3
Version=1.0
EAC=C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\EAC.exe
musicdir=C:\Music
CodePage=1252
MinimizeCompressionWindow=1
ProcessPriority=1
TracksHotkey={F4}
ImageHotkey={F10}
ImageNaming=$artist$ - $album$
Debug=0
TracksHotVal=+{F5}
SaveTracksCuesheets=0

FLAC-MP3-image.txt (C:\Program Files\REACT\Config\FLAC-MP3-image.txt)

!Description=FLAC image with -V2 MP3
!ImageExt=flac
!CuesheetExt=flac.cue
!destdir1=@musicdir@\FLAC\$cdartist$\$album$
!destdir2=@musicdir@\MP3\$cdartist$\$album$

@encdir@\FLAC.EXE -8 "@source@" -o "@image@"
@encdir@\TAG.EXE -t "ARTIST=@artist@" -t "ALBUM=@album@" -t "YEAR=@year@" -t "GENRE=@genre@" -t "COMMENT=@comment@" -f "CUESHEET=@cuesheet@" -f "EACLOG=@eaclog@" "@image@"
MOVE "@eaclog@" "@destdir1@"
SET trackName=$n - $~t
IF "$cdartist$"=="Various" SET trackName=$n - $~t ($~a)
@encdir@\ACDIR.EXE --overwrite --output "@destdir2@\%trackName%.mp3" --pipe "@encdir@\LAME.EXE -V2 --vbr-new --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --ta $#a --tl $#T --tt $#t --tn $#n --ty $#r{DATE} --tg $#r{GENRE} - $#o" "@sourcecuesheet@"
@encdir@\CREATE-M3U.BAT "@destdir2@" "$cdartist$ - $album$"
DEL "@source@"

create-m3u.bat (C:\Program Files\REACT\Encoders\create-m3u.bat)

@ECHO OFF
CLS

REM CREATE-M3U.BAT Written by Neil Popham, 2005 (neilpopham@bigfoot.com)

SET batchname=CREATE-M3U.BAT
SET version=1.0.0
TITLE=%batchname%, Version %version%

REM REM ##############################
REM PLEASE CONFIGURE THESE VARIABLES
REM Set the name of the playlist to create in each folder
IF [%2] EQU [] (SET playlist=playlist.m3u) ELSE (SET playlist=%~2.m3u)
REM Create list of valid file extensions
SET validExtn=.mp3.mp2.mp1.mpc.mp+.mpp.ogg.aac.mac.ape.flac.fla.wv.shn.ofr.ofs.ogg.m4a.mp4

REM Add another delimiter to the end so I can search for .<ext>.
SET validExtn=%validExtn%.

REM Check a folder has been passed
IF NOT EXIST %1 GOTO NoParams
IF %~z1 GTR 0 GOTO NoParams

REM Remove all existing "playlist.m3u" files otherwise files will be appended
FOR /R %1 %%G IN (%playlist%) DO IF EXIST %%G DEL "%%G"

REM Iterate through every file and pass the path to :WriteToPlayList
FOR /R %1 %%G IN (*.*) DO CALL :WriteToPlayList "%%G"

REM ========================================================================
REM WriteToPlayList : Adds the file to the playlist, if the extension fits
REM : %1 The file to process
REM ========================================================================
:WriteToPlayList
REM Check that the file extension is valid
SET extn=%~x1
IF [%extn%] EQU [] GOTO:EOF
SET tmpExtn=%validExtn%
CALL SET result=%%tmpExtn:%extn%.=%%
REM If no match found in list of extensions exit function
IF [%result%] EQU [%validExtn%] GOTO:EOF
REM Escape ampersand and caret
SET tmpString="%~nx1"
SET tmpString=%tmpString:^=^^%
SET tmpString=%tmpString:&=^^^&%
REM Remove quotes
SET tmpString=%tmpString:"=%
REM Write filename to playlist
ECHO %tmpString%>>"%~dp1\%playlist%"

REM =====================================================
REM NoParams : a folder has not been passed
REM =====================================================
:NoParams
ECHO To run this script, please pass a folder as a parameter.
ECHO.
ECHO Press any key to exit
PAUSE >NUL

I'm not sure which of the different configurations discussed on this thread since I've been gone apply to what I'm doing or not, so I thought I would ask!  The only changes I made were to make it V1 instead of V2, and I have since upgraded to LAME 3.97 and FLAC 1.1.4.

Since reloading the software and starting to run these batches again, the only real problems I have had are:

1. The WAV file that gets created during the process does not get deleted (I have to manually delete after each disc).
2.  I often don't get m3u files, despite having the create-m3u.bat file installed in the folder as described above.

If anyone has any thoughts on this (in particular how I can correct any problems or enhance this process), I would greatly appreciate the info!  Sorry for the long post.

Thanks,
Sully

Reply #498
Since reloading the software and starting to run these batches again, the only real problems I have had are:

1. The WAV file that gets created during the process does not get deleted (I have to manually delete after each disc).
2.  I often don't get m3u files, despite having the create-m3u.bat file installed in the folder as described above.
1. Maybe you used to get EAC to delete the WAVE (checkbox on external compresion dialogue)?
2. As per my PM, you should try create-m3u.bat 1.1.0.

I see no reason to change anything else (not that I've scrutinised your INI). If it worked before it should work now.

I guess I should tell you that you really should move to v2.  However, as you know, I have not yet made the switch myself.  That said, I am not getting much time to provide support on this forum at the moment anyway; you may do best to ask for help in the v2 thread switching this config to a v2 config.  I really don't think it would be much effort.
I'm on a horse.