Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_dsp_xgeq (Read 250714 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #100
Nice job with this EQer! I can't use it for now (I would need 2-channel EQ) but it does provide improved sound and options.

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #101
Been working on (experimental) SSE optimizations, released in v0.2.2 - please let me know if you encounter any crashes.

edit: thanks for the comments, I've noted all the points you've mentioned

edit: v0.3.0 adds stereo mode, see the download thread for a changelog

edit2: once I get some positive feedback that everything is working as intended I'll update the official components page with the latest version
"I hear it when I see it."

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #102
I am amazed this is not converted to a official DSP >_>.

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #103
Hi xnor.  Great EQ.  Really enjoy the difference between this EQ and the default one.  I looked thru the thread so I wouldn't be re-asking my question and actually found it in post#45 but saw no followup. Can your EQ somehow be used with the equalizer split component?  If I launch equalizer split, I get two instances of the default EQ whether it is in my DSP area or not.  Can I get it to use yours?  Is this ability in your plans?  It is really useful to me.

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #104
@pcb121055:
See here for changelog (Version 0.3.0): http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....mp;#entry755011
This should answer your question. But notice that this version cannot automatically be updated, because xnor hasn't updated the official components page yet. You have to download and install it by hand.

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #105
Thanks for answering the question White_Shadow.

I have updated the components page with the latest version.

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #106
Same here, White_Shadow.  Thanks for the info.  I had an earlier version, brought down the new one and there was the stereo option (thanks xnor!).  RTA time this weekend!

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #107
No problem. Trying to help everyone...

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #108
Versions 0.3.0 and later don't work properly with hi-res recordings  24bit/96KHz...it sounds like reverb or echo effect

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #109
Wow what a funky effect.  Heh, I'm sorry for that and will look into it asap.

edit: should be fixed.

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #110
Wow what a funky effect.  Heh, I'm sorry for that and will look into it asap.

edit: should be fixed.

yeah, working great now... really quickly done  THANK YOU! I envy you your knowledge...

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #111
Ah! THIS was the problem. It never occurred to me to check the equalizer. BTW, I love it.

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #112
Thanks, glad you like it Bob.
Fixed another (more seldom) volume control bug that resulted in a few crashes. Thanks for submitting crash reports guys.

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #113
Please update to the latest version if you're using 0.3.x by either manually downloading and installing or clicking Help - Check for updated components in fb2k.

(I'm still receiving crash logs from version 0.3.2 - 0.3.4)

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #114
Thanks for such great plugin it defenetely much better than built-in one but i have a few questions. If it's set to mono (default) both channels sound great with curve selected but if you set to stereo only left (default) uses the curve right is still flat and there is no both option. So in order to stereo i have to either create a curve for each channel separately or create it for left save it and than export to right one. Right or using mono setting is correct way? Also to achieve noticeable results i have to draw it adjusting slider by slider doesn't work for me but unfortunately i'm bad drawer but after spending over 15 minutes was able to achieve result i'm enjoying but interested to know if anybody could share correct curve for Sennheier HD650 headphones

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #115
If it's set to mono (default) both channels sound great with curve selected but if you set to stereo only left (default) uses the curve right is still flat and there is no both option. So in order to stereo i have to either create a curve for each channel separately or create it for left save it and than export to right one. Right or using mono setting is correct way?

I already thought about renaming mono/stereo mode (maybe to single/dual?) because somebody could be confused. Mono mode means that each channel of your audio tracks is processed with the same EQ curve, so yeah, it's the right way to do it.

Stereo mode is for those who want to equalize the left/right channel independently. Stereo mode only works with 2-channel (stereo) tracks. Mono mode on the other hand works with any number of channels (your tracks can be mono, stereo, 5.1, 7.1 and so on).

Also to achieve noticeable results i have to draw it adjusting slider by slider doesn't work for me but unfortunately i'm bad drawer but after spending over 15 minutes was able to achieve result i'm enjoying but interested to know if anybody could share correct curve for Sennheier HD650 headphones

Drawing the sliders is just a quick way to set up a smiley curve for example but it's also a nice way to get a feeling for how (big) changes are going to sound. Btw, you can also adjust the sliders with the keyboard (tab for next slider, shift+tab for previous slider, up/down arrows keys for +-0.1 dB and page up/down for +-1 dB).

edit: v0.3.6 released. As requested, I added a View menu entry to open the EQ. (I know, the window is modal at the moment.) Thanks to kode54.

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #116
I already thought about renaming mono/stereo mode (maybe to single/dual?) because somebody could be confused. Mono mode means that each channel of your audio tracks is processed with the same EQ curve, so yeah, it's the right way to do it.

Stereo mode is for those who want to equalize the left/right channel independently.

Maybe Uniform / Independent? (English is not my native language)

Drawing the sliders is just a quick way to set up a smiley curve for example but it's also a nice way to get a feeling for how (big) changes are going to sound. Btw, you can also adjust the sliders with the keyboard (tab for next slider, shift+tab for previous slider, up/down arrows keys for +-0.1 dB and page up/down for +-1 dB).

It would be nice if these Tab/Shift-Tab also change "Band" dropdown list and gain value near it.

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #117
Thanks for clarification but you defenetely should rename them to prevent confusion. Does it mean that as version 0.36 you can have it in a tab instead of window cause window i was able to get with older versions by View -> DSP -> Graphic Equalizer ? By the way it shows up twice now in View menu it means you have DSP listed twice

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #118
Maybe Uniform / Independent? (English is not my native language)

Yeah I also thought about "Uniform" / "Independent (2 ch)". English is not my native language either.

It would be nice if these Tab/Shift-Tab also change "Band" dropdown list and gain value near it.

Yup, that's on the todo and will be in the next version.

@olegausa: My view menu doesn't have a DSP sub menu. Nope, this version doesn't offer a user interface element. It just opens the configuration dialog from the view menu.

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #119
Mine does plus has Graphic Equalizer option below while used to be just one DSP before version 0.36 Running version 1.1.10 of foobar on Win7 Pro 64-bit

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #120
There is a DSP component that adds the DSP sub menu under the View menu, and it shows all active DSPs. Selecting any will open its properties.

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #121
There is a DSP component that adds the DSP sub menu under the View menu, and it shows all active DSPs. Selecting any will open its properties.

Interesting. It's the VST plugin that adds this DSP menu. Actually, it added the same DSP menu twice. 

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #122
Just updated to version 1.1.11 menu looks same I have vst plugin so maybe it's the case but before version 0.36 i had only one DSP entry

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #123
Click on "View" menu and you'll see 2 "DSP" submenus. Move mouse left-right (so that fb2k opens other menus: "Playback", "Help" etc.) and return to "View". Now you can see 2 "foo_dsp_xgeq" submenus.

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #124
totally agree but as i said it's only with version 0.36 , version 0.35 had one DSP entry and no "foo_dsp_xgeq"