Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: A MP2 Fanatic Post (Read 10399 times) previous topic - next topic

A MP2 Fanatic Post

Reply #25
,May 5 2003 - 01:27 PM] No. I think the rumours (or plans) where more about making musepack able to output in MP2 format (obviouly, with less quality than MPC, but supposedly better quality than MP2 Encoders)

IIRC Frank Klemm once mentioned (in HA I think) a modified MPC encoder outputting MP2 compliant data.

And he wrote "Maybe SV8 can write a MPEG Layer 2 stream on demand."
This would be great for VCD/SVCD soundtrack 

A MP2 Fanatic Post

Reply #26
Hey, people, I use MP2Enc v0.10 from RareWares site... Is there any frontend to be used with this codec? BTW, I am very satisfied with it 

CDex.

A MP2 Fanatic Post

Reply #27
I still have that MPEG I/II filters package Syntrillium used to have on their site for free. Is the quality any good? I don't know since I haven't really played with it.

If anyone is interested in having it, let me know.

A MP2 Fanatic Post

Reply #28
Isnt MP2 Pre MP3 Meaning the quality is worse?

A MP2 Fanatic Post

Reply #29
I still have that MPEG I/II filters package Syntrillium used to have on their site for free. Is the quality any good? I don't know since I haven't really played with it.

If anyone is interested in having it, let me know.

It's as good as unmodded ISO code I believe.

A MP2 Fanatic Post

Reply #30

Not necessarily. MP3 isn't as much the 'next version', more so 'more fit for lower bitrates', where lower bitrates was around 128kbps. MP2 is no good at that bitrate.

A MP2 Fanatic Post

Reply #31

No. It's MP3 with less complexities for real time playback on slow hardware.

MP1, 2 and 3 refer to complexity levels, not versions.