Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can't add folders (Read 1801 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't add folders

Hi
Every time I try to use the "add folder" function there's a window with a "processing files" caption that disappears in ~5sec and no files are added to the playlist. I've tried reinstalling foobar but it keeps happening.
Any ideas?

Can't add folders

Reply #1
I rarely use this command but just tried it now with no problems.

Are you sure the folder(s) you're trying to add contain files of type associated with foobar?

Can't add folders

Reply #3
My earlier reply was not meant to be condescending, just the first line of troubleshooting since I (and I presume most all foobar users) aren't going to be able to replicate the behavior you described.

Are you able to drag & drop a folder onto a foobar playlist and have the files/tracks show up as they should?

Can't add folders

Reply #5
Where are your folders located?

Can't add folders

Reply #6
No, the same thing happens.

Since it works for us and not for you, we really need more details.

Can you add an individual file to a playlist using the Add Files... function from the affected folders?

Are you installed in portable mode?

Could you show us a screenshot of your File->Preferences->Shell Integration page?

What kind of files are you trying to add?
elevatorladylevitateme

Can't add folders

Reply #7
Where are your folders located?

The folders I'm having trouble with are on my main partition, that's 1816 folders inside one (I know that's a lot but when I had 1600 folders inside it foobar added them smoothly).
Can you add an individual file to a playlist using the Add Files... function from the affected folders?

Yes.
Are you installed in portable mode?

No.
Could you show us a screenshot of your File->Preferences->Shell Integration page?

What kind of files are you trying to add?

Mostly mp3 and flac files, with occasionally image and txt files in the folders (but it was never a problem before, foobar just ignored the non-audio files).

Can't add folders

Reply #8
Your "Restrict incoming files to" rule restricts incoming files to a file called "2Now Playing". Nothing else is allowed. I suggest removing that restriction.

Can't add folders

Reply #9
Yep, if you have any other questions about what a preference does, clicking the [?] button in the top right corner will take you to a wiki page, (Here, for example) which should provide a little more clarity. e.g.:

Restrict incoming files, exclude file types[/size]

Allows you to selectively ignore specific types of files in added folders.
"Restrict incoming files" should be set to "*" unless you explicitly want to allow only files matching some criteria to be added.
"Exclude file types" can be set to empty to allow all types. By default, it is set to "*.CUE" to ignore cuesheets when adding whole folders.
elevatorladylevitateme

Can't add folders

Reply #10
Thank you very much.