Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Some aac files not playing in itunes (Read 4994 times) previous topic - next topic

Some aac files not playing in itunes

I have an aac file that plays fine in all of my other devices other than the ipod touch 5g I own.

In foobar it tells me that it is an aac file low complexity 192kbs.

But in the ipod it just skips over it automatically. Furthermore, it skips over the next track, even though it plays fine.

Reply #1
In foobar, try the "optimize mp4 layout" option on that file and see if that fixes it.  Hardware devices can be extremely picky about MP4 container layout.  Unusual (even if perfectly valid) layouts occasionally fail.

Reply #2
In foobar, try the "optimize mp4 layout" option on that file and see if that fixes it.  Hardware devices can be extremely picky about MP4 container layout.  Unusual (even if perfectly valid) layouts occasionally fail.

no, that's not it.

Reply #3
It might be stored as MPEG-2 AAC (ISO/IEC 13818-7).
IIRC, iPods (and QuickTime) accepts only MPEG-4 AAC (ISO/IEC 14496-3) stored in MP4.
If this was the case, you can fix it by remuxing like the following:
Code: [Select]
ffmpeg -i foo.mp4 -c:a copy bar.mp4

Alternatively, you can use hex editor to modify 1 byte (search for "esds", and rewrite 0x67 to 0x40 near after esds).