Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Peakmeter for Columns UI (Read 207498 times) previous topic - next topic

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #225
What about transparent window background?

either that or a background image would be a nice addition. would also be nice to make the peak indicator a bit wider. this is a pretty sweet component, i've always wanted a peakmeter for foobar.

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #226
gradients look great, can't wait to test this out.

keep up the good work!!!

foo_pm, can you give us another preview version, please?
Your plugin is one of the most useful ui plugins.
Thank you.
Thank you for the motivation  The next version (0.0.4.1 alpha) will include color-gradient-mode (mentioned before) and a mode in which you can use your own textures (images). For the most part it's implemented, but not tested. So please wait until the next version is presentable.

Hmmm..., i told in this post that i implement this in version 0.0.5. But i think i'll wait until panels ui development proceeds.

either that or a background image would be a nice addition. would also be nice to make the peak indicator a bit wider. this is a pretty sweet component, i've always wanted a peakmeter for foobar.
Thank you! Good idea. I will think about a background image and a customizable size for the peak indicator.

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #227
There is one ting i would like to see implemented in a future release is a possibility to disable the tooltip for channels peek and RMS.

And thanks for a great plug-in

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #228
There is one ting i would like to see implemented in a future release is a possibility to disable the tooltip for channels peek and RMS.

And thanks for a great plug-in
Thanks! This will be part of the next version (0.0.4.1 alpha).

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #229
any updates? really looking forward to more features

btw great plugin 

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #230

btw great plugin 
Thanks! The new version 0.0.4.1 alpha will be released In a few days. The version will include, among other things:
- customizable range (-100 ... +27 dB)
- color-gradient-mode for the main bar
- image-mode with foreground and background image for the main bar

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #231

btw great plugin 
Thanks! The new version 0.0.4.1 alpha will be released In a few days. The version will include, among other things:

can't wait for it 

thanks

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #232
foo_pm
please, can you add bpm counter too?

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #233
first of all, i really love this plug-in. 
my request, it would be nice if the channel textbox can be positioned on either left, right, top or bottom.

thanks for the great  plug-in!

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #234
Wohooooo!
We are waiting! ;-)
Sorry, but i really want to try out the new functions.
Does peakmeter support transparency in the next version?

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #235
foo_pm
please, can you add bpm counter too?
nice idea, but i'm sorry to say that something like that is not planned.

first of all, i really love this plug-in. 
my request, it would be nice if the channel textbox can be positioned on either left, right, top or bottom.

thanks for the great  plug-in!
Thanks! I'll try to implement this in one of the next versions.

Wohooooo!
We are waiting! ;-)
Sorry, but i really want to try out the new functions.
Does peakmeter support transparency in the next version?
Thanks! A customizable background image will be part of the next version (0.0.5.x). When i got the time, transparency will be released too. EDIT: now you can try it out 

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #236
A new version is released (0.0.4.1 alpha).

Some of the new features are:
- optional reset on track change
- zoom factor will be saved now (optional)

You can get it here: Peakmeter 0.0.4.1 alpha. Please backup your previous version!

Please notice a new requirement for W2K: GDI+.

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #237
Finaly!  Thanks a lot, going to test it
Thinking Outside The Box

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #238
The new features are great!
But I miss one thing. Main bar background is always displayed solid, and in previous version it used the same texture as the foreground, so it looked as on/off LEDs. Can this be fixed?

Thanks!
If age or weaknes doe prohibyte bloudletting you must use boxing

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #239
But I miss one thing. Main bar background is always displayed solid, and in previous version it used the same texture as the foreground, so it looked as on/off LEDs. Can this be fixed?

Thanks!

I noticed this as well. I was trying to find an option for it, but ended up using an image for right now. It would be great if this were fixed so I didn't have to use an image however .

Great progress so far, and I am looking forward to transparent mode so I can keep this viewable in in config ^___^.
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #240
A new version is released (0.0.4.1 alpha).

You can get it here: Peakmeter 0.0.4.1 alpha. Please backup your previous version!

Wow, I didn't like the new color scheme and wanted to revert to 0.4.0 alpha but using 0.4.1 messed up my foobar.cfg and the color scheme didn't go back to the default for 0.4.0.  The "Reset All" button in 0.4.0 alpha doesn't reset the colors, well now I know!

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #241
Is great that this new version supports easier tweaking of the ranges, but is still kinda  slow to change every range 1 by 1... maybe a checkbox or something like that would be nice.
Thanks again for this component!

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #242
When i use image-mode with foreground and background image for the main bar, i can not change the image.
I hope you will fix this for the next release

And thanks for the great component

Edit, i found a useful piece of software, so you can make your own color-gradient images  http://www.devenezia.com/downloads/gradient/index.html

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #244
When i use image-mode with foreground and background image for the main bar, i can not change the image.

+1  Also the relative path to images will be great..
Thinking Outside The Box

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #245

Thanks!

I noticed this as well. I was trying to find an option for it, but ended up using an image for right now. It would be great if this were fixed so I didn't have to use an image however .

Great progress so far, and I am looking forward to transparent mode so I can keep this viewable in in config ^___^.
Thanks both! It's fixed. You can get the new version here: Peakmeter 0.0.4.2 beta

Is great that this new version supports easier tweaking of the ranges, but is still kinda  slow to change every range 1 by 1... maybe a checkbox or something like that would be nice.
Thanks again for this component!
Thanks. Yes, you are right. I will remember this for a future version.

And thanks for the great component

Edit, i found a useful piece of software, so you can make your own color-gradient images  http://www.devenezia.com/downloads/gradient/index.html
Thanks. It's fixed in the current version 0.0.4.2 beta.

+1  Also the relative path to images will be great..
Thanks for this suggestion. Relative paths would be nice, particularly for shared configs.

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #246
Thanx for your reactivity foo_pm 

waiting for relatives path too

bye

Br3tt

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #247
Hi, foo_pm!
Thanks a LOT for the plugin. This is how one should go about writing ones. No resource hog and highly customizable. Nearly perfect for me. To make it absolutely perfect, could u pls look at:
1. Additional bars: now they can only be _both_ on top or to the left of the main bars (depending on the meter orientation). Could u add an option for _each_ additional bar just like for labels: bottom/right & top/left?
2. Another request for peak value text boxes and smoother falling of peaks.
3. Customizable main bar peak height for vertical (width for horisontal orientation) or some other way to see them easily.
4. In vertical orientation the label is right or left justified. Could you make it also center justified (for 2 vertical main bars with one instance of lables between them)?

Thanks again.

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #248
Thanx for your reactivity foo_pm 

waiting for relatives path too

bye

Br3tt

Hi, foo_pm!
Thanks a LOT for the plugin. This is how one should go about writing ones. No resource hog and highly customizable. Nearly perfect for me.
  Thank you very much!
To make it absolutely perfect, could u pls look at:
1. Additional bars: now they can only be _both_ on top or to the left of the main bars (depending on the meter orientation). Could u add an option for _each_ additional bar just like for labels: bottom/right & top/left?
Nice suggestion and easy to implement. I think this will be part of the next release. 
2. Another request for peak value text boxes and smoother falling of peaks.
At this time the implemention of peak value text boxes is not planned.    I think an option to modify the falling of peaks is necessary and will be realized in a future version. 
3. Customizable main bar peak height for vertical (width for horisontal orientation) or some other way to see them easily.
Ok, i'll think about it.
4. In vertical orientation the label is right or left justified. Could you make it also center justified (for 2 vertical main bars with one instance of lables between them)?
Good idea!    I'll try to implement this.

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #249
ahm, peakmeter not compatible atm with latest foobar v0.9.5b3, right?