Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: stuck with wrong search bar - I want Media Library Search (Read 2086 times) previous topic - next topic

stuck with wrong search bar - I want Media Library Search

Good sirs.
I've spent more than an hour trying to get the search bar in the upper right to give me useful results like the "Media Library Search Box" does.
What is that upper-right search bar good for? How would I replace it with Media Library Search?

Thanks

Reply #1
That's a filter search.  You could add Quick Search Toolbar.  Or you could create a keyboard shortcut to Media Library Search: Prefeences > Keyboard Shortcuts.
Geopoliticus Child Watching the Birth of the New Man

Reply #2
I installed it and it's acting just like the old search box. I hit enter and nothing happens.

problems with my other components, I suppose

Thanks though.

Reply #3
I assume you've set up your media library right?  Prefs > Media Library > Music folders > Path
Geopoliticus Child Watching the Birth of the New Man

Reply #4
My center panel shows the whole directory structure of my music folder, so that's right.

Reply #5
Is that ColumnsUI? What version of fb2k are you running?

I don't see playlist tabs above what appears to be your playlist. Do you know how to change playlists?
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #6
very latest Foobar. 1.1.16 or something like that.
It is ColumnsUI, and I never used or installed playlists. I just like the directory listing.
Maybe the problem is, I have to have a playlist somewhere?

Reply #7
Yes, since the Quick Search Toolbar shows its hits in its own playlist (so it does what it is supposed to do, you just can't see it).

You can set both the search results and the library viewer playlist to be auto-focused though so it'll switch between the two automatically (for that, go to Preferences/Media Library and check the two boxes at the bottom, also Preferences/Media Library/Quick Search and check Set focus checkbox as well). However using an actual playlist switcher/tabs would the more logical choice in general in my opinion.

Reply #8
Thx
got lots to attempt now!