Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: replaygain.exe on mpc's has no effect in foobar? (Read 3657 times) previous topic - next topic

replaygain.exe on mpc's has no effect in foobar?

Hi all,

I searched for this but I couldn't find an answer.

I used replaygain.exe --auto on an mpc file, and it seems to do its job. If I use the --listall tag it lists an -8.47 dB adjustment. But when I load the file in foobar, it plays at the original volume. I have ReplayGain mode set to album gain in Preferences -> Playback. If I do replaygain through foobar itself, then it plays at the adjusted volume.

So do tags written by replaygain.exe have any effect in foobar, or do you have to apply replaygain through foobar?

Reply #1
Have you done rightclick file -> database -> reload info from file in foobar?

Reply #2
Hi all,

I searched for this but I couldn't find an answer.

I used replaygain.exe --auto on an mpc file, and it seems to do its job. If I use the --listall tag it lists an -8.47 dB adjustment. But when I load the file in foobar, it plays at the original volume. I have ReplayGain mode set to album gain in Preferences -> Playback. If I do replaygain through foobar itself, then it plays at the adjusted volume.

So do tags written by replaygain.exe have any effect in foobar, or do you have to apply replaygain through foobar?

I'm pretty sure this belongs in the foobar forum... Mods?

Reply #3
I've no problem with songs Replaygained with either the RG executable or Foobar upon playback.  MOF, for my playlist I coded a "*" before the song title if the song was RG'ed.  Did you try reinstalling Foobar?

Reply #4
Have you done rightclick file -> database -> reload info from file in foobar?

this has been the solution to times where i have forgotten to apply replaygain to my mpc files and applied the replaygain outside foobar2000.