Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Search members posts in Google Chrome malfunctioning (Read 6896 times) previous topic - next topic

Search members posts in Google Chrome malfunctioning

Everytime I click "Search Find Member's Posts" in Google Chrome, I'll get this:

Sorry, the board administrator has enabled search flood control. Please wait at least 4 seconds before trying again.

It (appearently) has nothing to do with flood, as I can wait infinitly before clicking and still get the message.

it works perfectly fine in IE.
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #1
Can you explain how you are getting to the link "Search Member's Posts" please?  I can't find that option.

If you mean "Find Member's Posts" (edit: click user's name to display dropdown in normal thread view), that is working fine for me in Chrome 1.0.154.53.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #2
Can you explain how you are getting to the link "Search Member's Posts" please?  I can't find that option.

If you mean "Find Member's Posts" (edit: click user's name to display dropdown in normal thread view), that is working fine for me in Chrome 1.0.154.53.

Yep that's the one, sorry.

Weird, I'm using the same version...

Reply #3
Hmm... that is weird.

I'm sorry, I can't think of a reason.  Perhaps Garf can, with his knowledge of the flood control.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #4
The link in the page appears to be:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....er&mid=6695

... which when clicked, for me, redirects me to:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....sult_type=posts

Perhaps this page redirection is somehow kicking in the flood control for you...

Although, the forum seems to rely on such redirects (e.g.: "View New Posts"), so surely they'd fail as well.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #5
The links work fine. I.e. if I copy the link and paste it manually into my browser, it works fine. Only if I click it directly I'm responded by the flood control...

Reply #6
Maybe you should try the latest beta? I'm using Chrome 2.0.169.1, and Find Member's Posts works fine for me.
Happiness - The agreeable sensation of contemplating the misery of others.

Reply #7
I still can't get it to work. Now I'm on Win 7/Chrome 4... Seriously am I the only one with this problem???

Reply #8
You are not the only one.

Xp with Chrome 4.0.220.1

Can not say it never works, but I generally will also get the 'flood' message.

terry

Reply #9
I googled a bit, and found this from anoter IPB forum:

It's not exactly a Chrome bug, it's just trying to do what it's told. What happens is Google Chrome sends two page requests which is what triggers the flood control. One request is generated by a JavaScript onClick event and the other is generated by the HTML link itself. The problem is really a result of the way the forum is coded.

You can get around it by right-clicking instead of left-clicking.

...and it works