Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Could somenone compile LameCom (Lame ACM codec) with LAME3.9 (Read 4470 times) previous topic - next topic

Could somenone compile LameCom (Lame ACM codec) with LAME3.9

Lame ACM Codec and LameCom (the module which mounts the Lame encoding engine) are freely available on the web. LameCom offers Lame 3.70 CBR 24-320kbps mono/stereo, but sourcecode is included in the distributed file. Would it be difficult to add joint stereo to the settings?

Having no experiences in these matters, could someone make a compile using 3.90 --alt preset cbr? Pretty please? 

ephemeros

Reply #1
Where can I get it? Never saw in the Web...

Reply #2
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22lame+acm...le+Search&hl=en

You can find it at doom9.org too (jap. documentation only): downloads - audio stuff (full listing)

Dates back from early 2001, but still based on official Lame 3.70
I'd love to see a newer version, so if there's a quick and dirty way to do it myself, I would. Can someone tell me how to?  --alt-presets should be mapped to stereo (->joint-stereo) and mono settings 

ephemeros

----
"I know kung-fu"

Reply #3
I've looked at before, but I had another look yesterday. The biggest problem is that the source provided is not complete!!! So any other thoughts disappear quite rapidly.

Without the rest of the source, there's nothing can be done really.

john33

Reply #4
Too bad 
When I have some time (next week) I'll try to contact the author -though he seems to have disappeared. I guess this is the only known Lame ACM project...

Reply #5
All may not be lost!! I just noticed that an experimental ACM has been added to the Lame CVS. Early days, but with a little patience it looks like there will be an official ACM quite soon!!

john33