Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_wave_seekbar (Read 810931 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #825
just updated, and now I get this message:

Code: [Select]
Failed to load DLL: foo_wave_seekbar.dll
Reason: This component is missing a required dependency, or was made for different version of foobar2000.

I checked the component folder, and it's there... I see 4 files in it

I have directx 11 btw and windows 7...

Read the first post and get all required files.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #826
@Alexa

Have you installed the Visual Studio Redistributable and the DirectX Redistributable as explained here? (Scroll up to "Links")

Ah... Andreasvb was faster. Missed that. Sorry for spamming.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #827
Just to mention (a bit of offtopic). Still using an "interim" release 0.2.13.1 since July when I encountered a leak with the previous "stable" one, and so far so good with weeks of uptime.
I won't bother upgrading as long as it works with no issues for me. I see many pages of posts since then, I hope there isn't some critical fix in the meanwhile I might have missed..

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #828
What does "Always rescan track if requested by user" mean exactly? Why shouldn't a track be rescanned if requested by user?

Also wouldn't it be more useful to call the display rate "fps" rather than "percentage of base display rate"?

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #829
"Always rescan" is there to be disabled for people who like to select their whole library and "extract waveform", skipping any tracks that already have a waveform.
Edit: it seems to be completely unused in the source, heh. It does nothing currently.

The reason for the name is because it's not a refresh rate. It's a percentage modifier to the per-frontend refresh rate. A value of 100 uses the rate as-is, 200 doubles it, etc.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #830
Alright, thanks!

This "Holding the control key while dragging on the seekbar decodes the region to the clipboard for pasting into audio editors." feature is missing in 0.2.13.10 too, right? At least I can't get any audio copied into REAPER 4.02 http://www.reaper.fm ...

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #831
The set of audio editors that actually support audio on the clipboard is miserably small. The only editor I succeeded with was Audition, as Audacity failed. The "clipboard" of most sound tools is mostly internal-only.
You should be able to see that there's data on the Windows clipboard with a decent clipboard viewer.

There might be some other method one should use, but I couldn't find anything documented at all apart from the usual standard "put a wave file with header and all in there" approach I used.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #832
Ok. So the feature is in 0.2.13.20. Maybe you should mention it in the changelog?

Which format does land in the clipboard? 32bit float WAV?

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #833
Yes, it seems to be 32-bit float.

As for mentioning it in the changelog, I've mentioned it in passing in the forum, and I don't want to advertise it as a feature until it's solid.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #834
Alright, thanks!

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #835
You sound a little bit "angry" or something.

Nah, it's just a bit annoying to not have the information at hand needed to diagnose something, especially if I cannot reproduce it on any of my machines.
Are you using CUI or DUI? Is there any difference if a track is playing or not?

I'm using DUI on Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
I also tried deleting the component settings.cfg file and restarting foobar, but it didn't work.
Here are some pictures that show you that the seekbar visualization indeed works with direct3d, the frontend gets initialized well (as the fb2k console says), also there's a picture of the advanced settings screen, and the installed dependencies on "add/remove programs" and "dxdiag".
http://imgur.com/a/nKsY2#TJglt

I still find it weird that the frontend settings dialog doesn't open. it doesn't blink & close, or anything like that. Nothing gets logged to the console regarding that issue too.

I know that you can't recreate the problem, and I have no crash dump to provide. So, I can't see you getting to a solution pronto. I can still scan and visualize waveforms so that's cool 

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #836
What's the most likely dll I'm missing if I uninstalled catalyst/all amd stuff and switched to an nvidia card?

Nevermind. Looks like the catalyst installer thought that its a good idea to remove the Visual C++ libs.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #837
Nevermind. Looks like the catalyst installer thought that its a good idea to remove the Visual C++ libs.

That's ... bad.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #838
Is texture loading still supported? I'm having some trouble getting it working. I read the entire thread and I don't think it was ever explicitly mentioned how to load images properly. I have a 074.jpg and seekbar.png in my effects folder, is that the right directory?

Thanks.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #839
No, it's not currently supported.
I'm a bit unsure where you'd put your files if it worked, probably somewhere relative to the foobar2000 profile directory.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #840
Ah, I should've checked the github page. Sorry.

Anyway, it's too bad they aren't working. Hope to see the feature make a return at some point in the future. Either way, thank you for such a wonderful component.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #841
fb2k 1.8, fwsb 0.2.13.11, Direct3d

Configure>Frontend settings...>Load default

Entering any character causes an immediate crash.

Listener

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #842
Turns out that my trusted team of test simians didn't exercise the Direct3D configuration dialog enough.
Reproduced.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #843
Turns out that my trusted team of test simians didn't exercise the Direct3D configuration dialog enough.
Reproduced.

Oh noes... Not test simian failure. Alas. Alak. <sound of rending of garments> Must not have fed them enough beer.

Listener

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #844
Want to report a crash.

fb2k1.1.8 Waveform Seekbar 0.2.13.11

with Popup Panels (foo_popup_panels.dll)

and View | Popup panels |  New panel | Waveform seekbar

crash under not exact reproducible conditions on popup close.

crashlog submitted.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #845
John Listener: Could you please try 0.2.13.12?
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #846
Same versions as above on Win XP.

FWS seems to be having problems with wma files.

Wave cache: generic exception (bad allocation) for "L:\wma\Blues\Michael Bloomfield-Al Kooper -Steve Stills\Super Session\07 Season of the Witch.wma"
and
Wave cache: generic exception (bad allocation) for "L:\wma\Jazz\Bob Berg\Enter the Spirit\10-Angles.wma"

Mp3s render fine as do flacs.

Best,

Listener

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #847
fb2k1.1.8 Waveform Seekbar 0.2.13.11
View | Popup panels |  New panel | Waveform seekbar
crash under not exact reproducible conditions on popup close.

Crashlog claims it's 0.2.13.10, and as for what it's doing differently, I've got no idea, as the crash stack is utterly useless.
I haven't really tested it with any of the non-typical CUI hosts, so I'd reckon that the popup host is either doing something silly or something unexpected.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #849
Getting Bad Allocs for MP3's:

Code: [Select]
Wave cache: generic exception (bad allocation) for "C:\Musik\Red Hot Chili Peppers\Californication\Red Hot Chili Peppers [Californication #04] - Emit Remmus.mp3"
Wave cache: generic exception (bad allocation) for "C:\Musik\The Blues Brothers\The Blues Brothers Complete\The Blues Brothers [TBBC (1) #06] - SFI''B.mp3"

I've very long filenames... Probably wavecache has problems with that...?

Ah Sorry...
f2k 1.1..8
WaveCache 0.2.13.12