Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.

Poll

MP3

V7 or less
[ 3 ] (0.5%)
V6
[ 7 ] (1.2%)
V5
[ 44 ] (7.8%)
V4
[ 28 ] (5%)
V3
[ 42 ] (7.5%)
V2
[ 137 ] (24.4%)
V1
[ 19 ] (3.4%)
V0
[ 111 ] (19.8%)
320 kbps
[ 52 ] (9.3%)
I don't encode to MP3.
[ 119 ] (21.2%)

Total Members Voted: 719

Topic: What bitrate do you use? (Read 110715 times) previous topic - next topic

What bitrate do you use?

Reply #75
i use V0 mp3 or v2 sometimes , because i think that this bitrate has the best analogue between quality - size. i still prefer mp3 because the most players are compatible with them.

What bitrate do you use?

Reply #76
Nowadays i use FLAC -8. Extracting takes more time than encoding, so i see no reason to use -5. For my car and portable i reencode my flacs to LAME -V4. For audio in movies i use Nero aac 0.35 (with h264 CRF 18 for video). And I encode my jpegs in q86 without subsampling .

What bitrate do you use?

Reply #77
loosy, using nero aac under 128kbit/s or aoTuV above 128 and flac mode 4 (normal) for ripping

What bitrate do you use?

Reply #78
MP3 V0 & Flac -8

What bitrate do you use?

Reply #79
I use mainly MP3 because of it's compatibility but also use OggVorbis once in a while. Both on the highest quality possible...

MP3 (LAME) = 320kbps CBR
Vorbis (aoTuV) = -q10 ≈ 500kbps

But I try to use lossless where possible (I even buy lossless music) and transcode them (where needed) to FLAC -5
FLAC you...!

What bitrate do you use?

Reply #80
Vorbis (aoTuV) = -q10 ? 500kbps

That's really overkill. Vorbis isn't optimized for such high bitrates, so you probably only waste a lot of bits without gaining any audible benefits over, say, -q6. You should go for lossless at such bitrates or maybe LossyFLAC.

What bitrate do you use?

Reply #81
Nowadays, I'm using Ogg Vorbis, q5.0. Sounds fantastic at home and on my Sansa Clip+.
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

What bitrate do you use?

Reply #82
FlaCuda -11 for archiving
LAME VBR V0 for daily usage
LAME VBR V5 for car stereo

What bitrate do you use?

Reply #83
I must seem like the oddball here.  For my LP transferring project, I've been using Apple Lossless for long term storage.  When I actually listen to something on the go (read: transfer to the iPod), I convert to AAC 256.

I live in a Mac household, so I have not found a way to make FLAC a convenient storing and streaming solution for my house.  With Apple Lossless, I can store, catalog, and stream everything around the house.

What bitrate do you use?

Reply #84
ogg vorbis LancerMod (SSE3) -q10 VBR