Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4577318 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #7001
Can anyone help me figure out why this is happening and how to fix it?

Select both 1st and 2nd files and show properties window.

That's exactly what the second image is showing.

No it doesn't if properties of both files were shown it would say "Properties (2 items) - ...." at top.
A possible reason why your tracks aren't sorted is because it doesn't match the defined group format. Let's say the group format is %date% %album%, if your album tag field has a space character at the end it will not group properly and you wouldn't even notice it in the tag field. If you select both tracks which aren't grouped together and view properties then you'll notice and see where the differences are that don't match the group format.

Columns UI

Reply #7002
This is what happens: http://prntscr.com/98jvpd

It adds the empty element on the bottom! No matter what splitter I try.

And that's not an EQ, it is a "musical spectrum".

You're right, I tried it myself in live editing mode and it didn't work. I managed by editing the layout in
preferences>columns UI>layout, though.

You need to have this structure in the panels tree:

V vertical splitter
[blockquote](playlist view)[/blockquote][blockquote]V horizontal splitter[/blockquote][blockquote][blockquote](whatever panel)[/blockquote][/blockquote][blockquote][blockquote]V vertical splitter[/blockquote][/blockquote][blockquote][blockquote][blockquote]spectrum analyzer[/blockquote][/blockquote][/blockquote][blockquote][blockquote][blockquote]wave seekbar[/blockquote][/blockquote][/blockquote]
I'm late

Columns UI

Reply #7003
Can anyone help me figure out why this is happening and how to fix it?

Select both 1st and 2nd files and show properties window.

That's exactly what the second image is showing.

No it doesn't if properties of both files were shown it would say "Properties (2 items) - ...." at top.
A possible reason why your tracks aren't sorted is because it doesn't match the defined group format. Let's say the group format is %date% %album%, if your album tag field has a space character at the end it will not group properly and you wouldn't even notice it in the tag field. If you select both tracks which aren't grouped together and view properties then you'll notice and see where the differences are that don't match the group format.

Ok, sorry I was showing the properties in two different windows. It seems the only thing that differs that I don't know whether it should (i.e. track title differs, but it should) is the MUSICIP PUID, which appears to have something to do with Musicbrainz Picard. I deleted this value and restarted foobar, but they're still grouped separately.

Columns UI

Reply #7004
What is the group format?

Columns UI

Reply #7005

Code: [Select]
$if(%COMPILATION%,%album%,$swapprefix([%album artist%])) | $if(%album%,$ifgreater($if(%totalsides%,%totalsides%,%totaldiscs%),1,[%album%]|||[%discnumber%]|[%side%],[%album%]),[%album%])

Columns UI

Reply #7006
This is what happens: http://prntscr.com/98jvpd

It adds the empty element on the bottom! No matter what splitter I try.

And that's not an EQ, it is a "musical spectrum".

You're right, I tried it myself in live editing mode and it didn't work. I managed by editing the layout in
preferences>columns UI>layout, though.

You need to have this structure in the panels tree:

V vertical splitter
[blockquote](playlist view)[/blockquote][blockquote]V horizontal splitter[/blockquote][blockquote][blockquote](whatever panel)[/blockquote][/blockquote][blockquote][blockquote]V vertical splitter[/blockquote][/blockquote][blockquote][blockquote][blockquote]spectrum analyzer[/blockquote][/blockquote][/blockquote][blockquote][blockquote][blockquote]wave seekbar[/blockquote][/blockquote][/blockquote]

Thanks, but the artwork view and the metadata thing are missing. I tried to fix it and this is the closest I could get: http://prntscr.com/997hcp

Now I need to split the playlist and guess what? Same thing happens, it adds a empty element on the bottom. It seems that the combination that I want is impossible.

This is the tree: http://prntscr.com/997ie0

Columns UI

Reply #7007

$if(%COMPILATION%,%album%,$swapprefix([%album artist%])) | $if(%album%,$ifgreater($if(%totalsides%,%totalsides%,%totaldiscs%),1,[%album%]|||[%discnumber%]|[%side%],[%album%]),[%album%])

This group format seems to be tailored towards multi disc albums but most of what is used here isn't relevant to you since you don't use any of these tags. The only tags here that should matter to you are %album artist% and %album%. Did you select both files at once and view properties to check if %album% is indeed the same?
You can always try to change the group format to something more simple and see what it does for you. Be sure to keep "|" (links group attributes) and "|||" (indicates a subgroup link, in this case discnumbers).

Columns UI

Reply #7008
It seems that the combination that I want is impossible.

You haven't tried Panel Stack Splitter yet. That can easily accomplish what you want.

Quickly put together example. This doesn't use the exact components you use but they can be swapped with little difference for the layouts end result. The left panel will always stay the same width regardless of window size. The two on the right are percentage based and will fill accordingly. The exception is the wsh panel spot. That is set to be that wide and the seekbar/spectrum will always have its offset. Example here.

Columns UI

Reply #7009

This group format seems to be tailored towards multi disc albums but most of what is used here isn't relevant to you since you don't use any of these tags. The only tags here that should matter to you are %album artist% and %album%. Did you select both files at once and view properties to check if %album% is indeed the same?
You can always try to change the group format to something more simple and see what it does for you. Be sure to keep "|" (links group attributes) and "|||" (indicates a subgroup link, in this case discnumbers).

I did check both properties together, and only things like track number/name and played statistics were different.

Also, I'm really sorry; I assumed this skin was using Columns UI, but it's actually using EL Playlist. I'll take my problem over there instead. Thank you for helping anyway!

Columns UI

Reply #7011
No matter what splitter I try.

Nope. It's great there's more than one way to do this.

Columns UI

Reply #7012
I'm on Windows 8.1 and need a copy of libpng.dll. Zlib installed into the foobar2000 v1.3.9 sub-dir but I've been unable to find libpng.dll for Windows. I did download the source but was figuring someone had already made it on a Windows platform and could direct me to a copy.
Where can I find a copy of libpng.dll for Windows (pre-made)?

Thanks for helping a newbie.

Greg

Columns UI

Reply #7013
Use 0.3.8.8 or newer. It doesn't need libpng.

Columns UI

Reply #7014
I've released version 0.3.9.2 beta. It should fix the XP problem; also it is compiled with the latest foobar2000 SDK and now requires foobar2000 1.3+. It's possible something broke while updating to the latest foobar2000 SDK so let me know if you encounter any problems.

Columns UI

Reply #7015
I've released version 0.3.9.2 beta. It should fix the XP problem; also it is compiled with the latest foobar2000 SDK and now requires foobar2000 1.3+. It's possible something broke while updating to the latest foobar2000 SDK so let me know if you encounter any problems.

Problem when trying to install :

Could not load component "foo_ui_columns-0.3.9.2.fb2k-component": Unsupported format or corrupted file

Columns UI

Reply #7016
It is packed not as zip, but as 7z (apparently foobar2000 doesn't support it). But it's possible to extract foo_ui_columns.dll manually.

Columns UI

Reply #7017
Use 0.3.8.8 or newer. It doesn't need libpng.

Thanks for the reply. I am using v0.3.9.1 (I just checked) and was messing around with the buttons. I tried to substitute the Stop button (via Options - Buttons) with one from Custom Icon Design and it loaded but if I use a 48 x 48 the button shows and the others disappear or if I use a 16 x 16 it disappears and the others (bozak.fcb) reappear. My searches kept pointing to button issues = libpng.dll.

1. What am I doing wrong?
2. Am I posting in the correct forum?

Thanks,
Greg

Columns UI

Reply #7018
It is packed not as zip, but as 7z (apparently foobar2000 doesn't support it). But it's possible to extract foo_ui_columns.dll manually.
Oops. Download should be fixed now.

Thanks for the reply. I am using v0.3.9.1 (I just checked) and was messing around with the buttons. I tried to substitute the Stop button (via Options - Buttons) with one from Custom Icon Design and it loaded but if I use a 48 x 48 the button shows and the others disappear or if I use a 16 x 16 it disappears and the others (bozak.fcb) reappear. My searches kept pointing to button issues = libpng.dll.

Thanks,
Greg
The images in a single buttons toolbar must be of the same dimensions. What are you aiming for with the different image sizes?

Columns UI

Reply #7019

Thanks,
Greg
The images in a single buttons toolbar must be of the same dimensions. What are you aiming for with the different image sizes?

I am new to foobar and Columns UI and am experimenting with the interface. I was switching out to some slightly larger buttons and was just trying out the method of changing one button at a time. I understand that the buttons must be the same size and I read that default is 16x16. I guessed that bozak.fcb was going with the default and that is where I began.
If I were to load in 24x24 buttons, all together, would the resulting display show them? Is .PNG the correct format to use? Also, how do you create an .FCB?

Thanks for the help and for writing Columns UI, it's a great piece of code.

Greg

Columns UI

Reply #7020
Yes, they should show up if they are all the same size (and indeed that disappearing behaviour isn't ideal). If you want to experiment, you can add a second buttons toolbar to the toolbar area by right-clicking on the toolbars and holding down Shift while clicking on 'Buttons' .

The default buttons are actually icon files in various size - they will use the system small icon size which will depend on your current Windows DPI setting.

Yes, PNG is fine. FCB files are created via the 'Save to file' commands in the 'Tools' menu in the configuration for the buttons toolbar. Thanks!

Columns UI

Reply #7021
Yes, they should show up if they are all the same size (and indeed that disappearing behaviour isn't ideal). If you want to experiment, you can add a second buttons toolbar to the toolbar area by right-clicking on the toolbars and holding down Shift while clicking on 'Buttons' .

The default buttons are actually icon files in various size - they will use the system small icon size which will depend on your current Windows DPI setting.

Yes, PNG is fine. FCB files are created via the 'Save to file' commands in the 'Tools' menu in the configuration for the buttons toolbar. Thanks!

I followed your advice and added the second toolbar for experimentation. Got them set up, as a group, and then saved as an .FCB. Loaded into my main button location and the set looks great.
Thank you very much for the clear direction and support. The more I get into foobar and Columns UI the more I'm getting into it!

In case I don't come up with 15 more questions over the next week...Merry Christmas, musicmusic!

Greg

Columns UI

Reply #7022

Auto-hide panels are occasionally getting stuck since the latest Columns UI update. Quick work-around is to unset and reset auto-hide in Columns UI layout and reapply the config.

Columns UI

Reply #7023
I followed your advice and added the second toolbar for experimentation. Got them set up, as a group, and then saved as an .FCB. Loaded into my main button location and the set looks great.
Thank you very much for the clear direction and support. The more I get into foobar and Columns UI the more I'm getting into it!

In case I don't come up with 15 more questions over the next week...Merry Christmas, musicmusic!

Greg
Thanks and no problem. Happy Christmas to you too 

Auto-hide panels are occasionally getting stuck since the latest Columns UI update. Quick work-around is to unset and reset auto-hide in Columns UI layout and reapply the config.
Thanks for the report – that's certainly interesting. When you say stuck, do you mean stuck open, stuck closed or both? Was 0.3.9.1 working OK?

I can reproduce an auto-hide panel getting stuck open after resizing to a zero width/height, releasing the mouse button, and then resizing it again. But, that also happens in 0.3.8.8.

Columns UI

Reply #7024
Thanks for the report – that's certainly interesting. When you say stuck, do you mean stuck open, stuck closed or both? Was 0.3.9.1 working OK?

I can reproduce an auto-hide panel getting stuck open after resizing to a zero width/height, releasing the mouse button, and then resizing it again. But, that also happens in 0.3.8.8.
The panels get stuck open. 0.3.9.1 was worked fine. First time this happened was after the update.

It's a minor issue and refreshing the config seems to clear up the problem. It happened one other time after the config refresh so I refreshed again and it's been fine ever since. At this point I would assume it was something on my end since I can't reproduce the issue and no one else seems to have the problem. If the problem creeps back again, I'll let you know. For now, I wouldn't worry about it. Thanks.