Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Different sorting (Read 2443 times) previous topic - next topic

Different sorting

Well, I could say this is the only thing missing so that I'd consider this program perfect, 100%.

Is there a way I could sort the songs by path and filename (and not by path+filename)? All my music are on a folder called E:\MP3. My "Albumless" songs are in this directory. Then I have a folder called Albums where I have full albums. Foobar2000 sorts like this ( \ is E:\MP3 )
\aa.mp3
\ab.mp3
\ak.mp3
\Albums\First\song.mp3
\Albums\Second\song.mp3
\b.mp3
\c.mp3

etc.

Well, I wish Foobar didn't split my "Albumless" songs with Albums dir. So I wish it were like this
\aa.mp3
\ak.mp3
\b.mp3
\c.mp3
\z.mp3
\Albums\First\song.mp3
\Albums\Second\song.mp3

etc.

So my question is... is there a way I could sort this way without changing the whole structure of my MP3 directory? It would be like Winamp's sorting (path and filename) scheme. If there is, it will be really sweet!

Thank you very much.

[EDIT] Just one more question, where are the filetype association? (besides when installing)
Liberate tutemae ex inferis

Different sorting

Reply #1
where are the filetype association? (besides when installing)

In foobar directory there is a file: fooassoc.exe. Just run it and you can associate extensions.

Different sorting

Reply #2
You can get the path minus the filename by using $left(%_path%,$sub($len(%_path%),$len(%_filename_ext%))). That way you can change the sort order to sort first by path, then by filename. Basically, change "Preferences --> Core --> Sort incoming files by:" to
Code: [Select]
$left(%_path%,$sub($len(%_path%),$len(%_filename_ext%)))|%_filename_ext%
I think that should work.

Different sorting

Reply #3
You can get the path minus the filename by using $left(%_path%,$sub($len(%_path%),$len(%_filename_ext%))). That way you can change the sort order to sort first by path, then by filename. Basically, change "Preferences --> Core --> Sort incoming files by:" to
Code: [Select]
$left(%_path%,$sub($len(%_path%),$len(%_filename_ext%)))|%_filename_ext%
I think that should work.

Gee! That really worked! Thanks a lot Blind!
Liberate tutemae ex inferis

Different sorting

Reply #4
wow i think use the code you can do almost everything you want:)
but many people don't know how to write it.