Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to buy in USA, from foreign countries? (Read 3030 times) previous topic - next topic

How to buy in USA, from foreign countries?

I live in argentina, and i have a friend that lives in USA (miami). I want him to bring me a Camera, and want to pay from here, using my VISA or AMEX (or paypal). I don't want him to go to bestbuy, and/or circuit city, cause the diference in price is too high against places like COMP-U-PLUS (more like 100 dollars). So,

1) Anyone knows a place that allows internationall cards?
2) Anyone knows a place in miami to buy digital cameras at good prices?

Thanks.

Reply #1
I would think that buying from a reputable US dealer on-line would be the best bet.  Pay for it with your credit card and have it delivered in Miami.  I am sure it will be declared upon entry into Argentina.   
Nov schmoz kapop.

Reply #2
problem is that they don't accept internation cards ...

Reply #3
That is strange as I have ordered stuff on-line from Germany with a US card no problem.  Have you tried the stores seen in Yahoo??     
Nov schmoz kapop.

Reply #4
In germany paypal offers payment via bank transfer to an account at a german bank, have a look if this is possible in agentina too.

Reply #5
You have to look for taxes in your country too if you want to recieve products by mail (not your case i I understood). At least in brazil, if the package isnt informed correctly as a gift (like messages "hi brother, this is the mp3 player I dont use anymore" to "fool" or at least try to convince the federal agents) the price is increased by 100% or more.

Th paypal suggestion is a good one, though.
Alguém pare o mundo que eu quero descer!!

Reply #6
i have found:

http://www.jr.com/
http://www.adorama.com/

they both accept international orders delivered to usa ... sadly jr seems to suffer some glitch, but adorama was 2 dollars less